Repost: Cluster more servers?

Should GOA cluster different language servers?

• Yes.

Votes: 160 55.0%
  • No.

Votes: 100 34.4%
  • Not fussy.

Votes: 31 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tyruchi Neon

Fledgling Freddie
all italian player hope in a cluster with exca/pryd (i'm italian, i play actually on exca but play again with my old char could be funny) but for english gameplay this can be bad...italian 8vs8 players aren't on Deira server, italian that play on Deira are all zerger and adder...

(sorry for my bad english -.-° )

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Save camlann. Cluster with camlann and open a portal in the middle of agramon for people to zone into camlann or leave it. Camlann Ruleset stays the same and camlann players that enters the frontiers remains targets for everyone(including what ever realm thier class belong to). That would make people able to play all 3 realms again even thou I know many will start qqing abot how hard it is to exp on camlann. Imo it is hard to find people to fight on camlann now days. Save camlann and help the cluster in 1 big happy fight war.

Dunno how relics/keeps would work for camlann population but doesn't really work as it is/was anyway. Would be fun and intresting to see this idea for real.

:fluffle:

Ps. And No I don't play camlann atm, don't even play cluster atm, sure I would play camlann any day there was a fg out there to fight :( Ds.

Edit Oh and on the topic. Don't cluster with other servers that isn't english. Playing in PUG on glastobury is a pain cause of the biggest half of the pop is french speaking and refuse to speak english. I talk swedish with french people now days cause there is no point asking them to speak english.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
Save camlann. Cluster with camlann and open a portal in the middle of agramon for people to zone into camlann or leave it. Camlann Ruleset stays the same and camlann players that enters the frontiers remains targets for everyone(including what ever realm thier class belong to). That would make people able to play all 3 realms again even thou I know many will start qqing abot how hard it is to exp on camlann. Imo it is hard to find people to fight on camlann now days. Save camlann and help the cluster in 1 big happy fight war.

Dunno how relics/keeps would work for camlann population but doesn't really work as it is/was anyway. Would be fun and intresting to see this idea for real.

Ps. And No I don't play camlann atm, don't even play cluster atm, sure I would play camlann any day there was a fg out there to fight :( Ds.

Edit Oh and on the topic. Don't cluster with other servers that isn't english. Playing in PUG on glastobury is a pain cause of the biggest half of the pop is french speaking and refuse to speak english. I talk swedish with french people now days cause there is no point asking them to speak english.

Interesting idea

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Aslong as they don't cluster us with one of the France servers I'm ok with it (don't even think that's possible anyway) as I've seen and heard too much bad things about French DAoC players.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Rst said:
They speak American English not native English tongue, most Danes have American accents it comes from watching too many Yank tv programs :england:

Thank god that the (learnt) english is more leaning to the american english then the brittish english, got a friend who lives in Wigan and I have a really hard time understanding her but my friend from Dallas US. I understand perfectly.

(waves star and stripes) :)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Phule_Gubben said:
Thank god that the (learnt) english is more leaning to the american english then the brittish english, got a friend who lives in Wigan and I have a really hard time understanding her but my friend from Dallas US. I understand perfectly.

(waves star and stripes) :)

You mean written or spoken? If it's written it sounds to me like your friend from Wigan simply has written language problems. If spoken, well, that's all regional and some is worse than others - like deep south, or far north etc :)

tehdom

Fledgling Freddie
I'm only new to the game and find it difficult to see that there is a problem with foriegn players refusing to speak english. Most of the time when im out lvling or running around thid is with europeans and not so much UK ppl. Everything falls back to the usuall UK ignorance of "if they dont speak english, thats thier problem"

something like 99% of european countries are taught english as a second language and i have met many europeans that have a better grasp of the english language than we do.

How many languages can us UK residents speak fluently? I'm betting that 99% of the ppl in here can only speak english even though i know theres going to be a response that suggests otherwise, but i think if you look at things realistically, you will see that i am right.

The best idea i have seen in here so far is to have the european servers added to the cluster with the abillity to port from one to the other like we do with prydwen at the moment. That way if these europeans want to come and play with UK ppl, they know by crossing into Excalibur they will HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH. At the same time though, if you port to thier part of the cluster, expect the same treatment, learn some of thier Lingo.

Just for the record, I do only speak english and have been abroad several times, each time learning as much of the countries native tongue as possible as i think its a general laziness for UK residents to expect other countries to speak english !

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I speak English as my main language, but I can manage to understand French quite well. At least well enough to be in a chat group with people that speak it and understand enough to get by, even if I would have problems replying fluently - and no I don't mind what language is spoken really.

But I think you're taking the bad attitude of a few people wrongly and applying it to everyone incorrectly. By far and away the biggest beef is that if you get a BG going and you've got seven Italians, five Germans, six French, and four English the BG will end up in one language or another so only 25% of the BG can understand it, which makes no sense to a lot of people when all of them can speak English. If I'm in a group and they're all French, I switch to French. I'm in a group of Italians I just manage as best I can. I think what sometimes narcs people is that the favour isn't always returned, and they take umbrage about it and have a sulk - wrongly too I don't disagree there - but I'm pretty sure you're tarring everyone with the same brush and for unfounded reasons. I don't think it's laziness either - if the whole world spoke French as the main international language I can guarantree we'd all speak it like everyone else speaks English.

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:

Would bring life back to camlann aswell as RvR

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
What's the population like on Salis? Even split ?
I'm actually all for clustering those frontiers - hope GOA look into it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
RS|Phil said:
I think we should cluster with Mythic's servers :)

great idea, the server would have no "night time" then, with say 3000 people, half on in the day, half on in the evening, uber ! :)

no more ac relic raids !!

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
great idea, the server would have no "night time" then, with say 3000 people, half on in the day, half on in the evening, uber ! :)

no more ac relic raids !!

I know it would never happen but the premise is the reason why most of the people I know from Mid/Excal and Alb/Glast are doing to be playing on the US servers for Warhammer. It simply makes more sense to have all the population in one place - especially when you take the longevity of a game into account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom