Replacing a laptop CD-Rom? Kryt! Halp!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ello,

I've got a client with a reasonably old Toshiba laptop and the CD-Rom seems to be playing up, half the time it doesn't read CD's, at other times it works fine. I figure the CD drive is playing up and suggested perhaps getting an external one given that I figured replacing the internal one would be a major ballache and involve contacting Tosh etc.

Well it turns out that external cd drives look pretty lame - stupidly big and way more expensive than I expected. Then I saw this and figured perhaps I could just replace the cd drive. Is it just a case of slotting this in and replacing the bezel so that it fits nicely, or could compatibility be an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Starman

Part of the furniture
Personally when I purchased a replacement for my old Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 laptop I used the adapter from the old DVD-ROM on the new DVD-RW.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the info chaps. After all that the client has decided to do not bother with any of this. Still, handy stuff to know for the future :D

Kryten

Old Cow.
Ah well, sorry I couldn't take a look beforehand. I've a few specific Tosh drives, so if her changes his mind let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom