repairing artifacts?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Is that live in this patch does anyone have details?

Zvixx

Fledgling Freddie
ill try find the post was one on vn boards about a admin talking about that they ARE working on it not thats its comming live or am i wrong ?

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Sure you can repair artifacts but there is no way to get dur back.
And Mythic has never promised such thing.

solsikke

Fledgling Freddie
Ttillub said:
Sure you can repair artifacts but there is no way to get dur back.
And Mythic has never promised such thing.

Way not? Some of the artis is hard to get, and slow to lvl and all lose fast dur.

Is it just me or is this game getting more and more annoying.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
solsikke said:
Way not? Some of the artis is hard to get, and slow to lvl and all lose fast dur.

Is it just me or is this game getting more and more annoying.

You can't fix dur on any item no matter what it is, artifact or not, even if its a common drop.

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
You can't fix dur on any item no matter what it is, artifact or not, even if its a common drop.

they workin on patch were you can repair artifacts by doing ML raids

read up on ur info from time 2 time instead of sayin it cant (i agree atm it cant) but they r workin on it but still can take awhile

Kev

One of Freddy's beloved
well atm you cant repair dur in any way. no amount of reading would make it true at this time. and we all know what to expect from mythics promises (player controled mounts anyone?)

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1881.shtml

Q: A friend of mine recently used BoS to spawn a bow to give to a Realm Guard at a tower he had just taken. He gave the bow to the guard, then tried to equip his Fool's Bow again. Unfortunately, he had given his Level 10 Fool's Bow to the guard! He contacted a CSR, but the CSR told him they could NOT get the Fool's Bow back, nor could he ever get the bow again as it is an artifact.

Here are some of the questions that were raised about this:

1. Is it a bug that you can give a L10 artifact to a guard?

2. If you can never get the same artifact again, what happens when the durability of your artifact gets to zero?

3. Can CSRs not just reset the artifact encounter for that character back so that the character can get it again?

4. Do CSRs not have the power to take that bow back from the guard to give back to the player?

5. Is it true that when an artifact you have reaches 1% Durability that a CSR will set it back to 100% for you?

Thank you in advance for answering some or all of these questions.

A: I spoke to the folks in customer service for the answers to your questions. After we all finished wincing and weeping over the horror that is losing a level ten artifact, these answers were written.

1. Guards can be upgraded with weapons you obtain in game. It actually affects the guard’s performance. This was part of the game’s design. However, guards don’t have inventories in the sense that players do, so after the improvement is applied, the item disappears.

**Side Note: We will usually give Artifacts back in situations like this. The only time we wouldn't be able to is if for some reason the artifact was not in the back-ups for us to copy from.**

2. The same thing that happens to all weapons when they reach zero Durability - it breaks and becomes unusable. Artifacts are no different. We appreciate the feedback we have had on this subject, but there are not currently any plans to adjust the decay rates.

3. If we were to just reset the encounter, that would defeat the purpose of number two. The game is designed so that items decay and become unusable over time. If we just reset an encounter whenever an artifact dropped in DUR, it would trivialize this game mechanic.

4. No, we cannot take items back from Guards. The Guard is upgraded though so, your realm *IS* getting a benefit that way. See the side note from number 1 however.

5. No.

Config

Fledgling Freddie
Imo its silly to make an unique item as an artifact loose dur. Even more silly you cant redo the same artifacts again if they have this silly dur loss. Somehow, one of these issues must be solved as in you can redo your artifact again or if you fix your dur you have to relevel the artifact... but i doubt that will happen :mad:

I can see the point in decay rates for crafted items as MP armour, weapons etc. It wouldnt really benifit a crafter otherwise so in that aspect its good.

Btw, i got traldors on my chanter and its a blue con artifact. Isnt blue con artis suppose to decay slower then yellow cons? This is the artifact thats decaying incredible fast comparing to other artifacts i got..

vintervargen

Banned
afaik mythic never intended ppl to have perfect templates with 10 artis in each, they probably thought people would have 1-2 max at a time ;)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Config said:
Btw, i got traldors on my chanter and its a blue con artifact. Isnt blue con artis suppose to decay slower then yellow cons? This is the artifact thats decaying incredible fast comparing to other artifacts i got..

I believe this is because staffs decay when you cast. Found the same think with tart. I have taken to having a pve staff and use tart only for rvr or when i really need the charge for pve. All the other artifacts seem to decay at a rate im comfortable with using them in both pve and rvr.

Libertine

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry to hijak this thread, but can rangers use Phoebus Harp necklace to get the damage reduction ability from it like SB's can?

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
muhahahahahaha! all joo l33t0r players with artis coming out of your asses will be but mere mortals..... eventually! :D

And all the people who are taking forever to get and activate artis will wtfpwn u :D

Im sure they will implement something by then tho.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Item artifacts have no loss in use as they reduce in con, therefore you don't ever have to repair them. The only exception is +skill bonuses on items, which you lose when they have fully degraded.

Staffs lose focus and +skill at low con, weapons and armour obviously need to be be near 100% at all times.

Repair at 98/97% for optimal longevity. If you wait til 80% con each time, your arti will be fucked fast.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:
Repair at 98/97% for optimal longevity. If you wait til 80% con each time, your arti will be fucked fast.
Quite the opposite actually, each repair should take the amount of con you repair + 1 from your duarbility. So repairing as late as possible, incures the least amount of + 1's = less durability loss.
Obviously with weapons and staffs you have to balance the need for late repairs vs your diminishing damage output/ focus benefit. So repairing those at ~97% before the effects of reduced con become too noticeable is quite a popular option.

Danita

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Reno said:
Quite the opposite actually, each repair should take the amount of con you repair + 1 from your duarbility. So repairing as late as possible, incures the least amount of + 1's = less durability loss.
Obviously with weapons and staffs you have to balance the need for late repairs vs your diminishing damage output/ focus benefit. So repairing those at ~97% before the effects of reduced con become too noticeable is quite a popular option.

Danita

you missed a bit...con drops twice as fast when it falls below 90%...so you have to repair @90/91% for longest longevity..but ofc weapons/armour you dont really want to wait that long.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
thing is u lose focus belo 95%con and each con point repaired below 90% counts double, so ur losing a lot mroe +1s xd

dunno if they will ever make it so u can, in any way, regain durability lost on an artifact or get a new one, they probably wont, just a new expansion will come out making most of toa gear outdated ~~

my chanters tartaros is at 37% durability, hardly playing it at all since dinged rr8, tartaros just wont survive half way up to rr9 and no i am not gonna switch to a gimped template with traldors /shrug

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Well, a dream come true isnt it?
a few monts ago FH was full of whines of ppl that all hated TOA and overpowered items and such well for all those.. wait a few till all arifacts are broken and whe are back in the pre toa times \o/
/sarcasm off :p

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
Funkdocta said:
muhahahahahaha! all joo l33t0r players with artis coming out of your asses will be but mere mortals..... eventually! :D

And all the people who are taking forever to get and activate artis will wtfpwn u :D

Im sure they will implement something by then tho.

PWN on what not everythin evolves around artifacts you know? i got em all now and im sure they will come up somethin in the end mythic knowing only real question is when thats all

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
From this weeks grab bag...

"A level 50 item will take one point of durability loss per point of condition over 90%. It will take one point of durability loss for every two points of condition below 90%. These are rounded up, so the loss will always be at least one. Items, in general, start with durability above 100, hence the reason they stay at 100 for so long. Some items have a built in durability modifier that causes a slower rate of durability loss. Also, keep in mind that lower level items take higher durability hits due to their materials generally being weaker."

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
vintervargen said:
afaik mythic never intended ppl to have perfect templates with 10 artis in each, they probably thought people would have 1-2 max at a time ;)

Mythics intentions is made real by the players in one case out of twenty? :)

however, working against the playerbase in this way is just silly, the mythic marketing staff seems to be educated in afghanistan.

solsikke

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
Mythics intentions is made real by the players in one case out of twenty? :)

however, working against the playerbase in this way is just silly, the mythic marketing staff seems to be educated in afghanistan.

:cheers:

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Well spending this much time on making ur template, and then having it all destroyed over time is pure idiotic... And my tarts is allready at 86% dur.. If it dies before they fix it, im gonna stop playing till the fix comes tbh.
Funny thing about mythic.. ToA release notes states that Artyfacts are indestructable.
Now mythic, keep your freaking statements! :twak: :twak:

Been wondering tho, what actually happens when an arty drops to 0% dur, and not being able to repair it.. Anyone heard about it happening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom