Can't get enough of FH
- Jan 18, 2004
Is that live in this patch does anyone have details?
Way not? Some of the artis is hard to get, and slow to lvl and all lose fast dur.Ttillub said:Sure you can repair artifacts but there is no way to get dur back.
And Mythic has never promised such thing.
solsikke said:Way not? Some of the artis is hard to get, and slow to lvl and all lose fast dur.
Is it just me or is this game getting more and more annoying.
Naffets said:You can't fix dur on any item no matter what it is, artifact or not, even if its a common drop.
Q: A friend of mine recently used BoS to spawn a bow to give to a Realm Guard at a tower he had just taken. He gave the bow to the guard, then tried to equip his Fool's Bow again. Unfortunately, he had given his Level 10 Fool's Bow to the guard! He contacted a CSR, but the CSR told him they could NOT get the Fool's Bow back, nor could he ever get the bow again as it is an artifact.
Here are some of the questions that were raised about this:
1. Is it a bug that you can give a L10 artifact to a guard?
2. If you can never get the same artifact again, what happens when the durability of your artifact gets to zero?
3. Can CSRs not just reset the artifact encounter for that character back so that the character can get it again?
4. Do CSRs not have the power to take that bow back from the guard to give back to the player?
5. Is it true that when an artifact you have reaches 1% Durability that a CSR will set it back to 100% for you?
Thank you in advance for answering some or all of these questions.
A: I spoke to the folks in customer service for the answers to your questions. After we all finished wincing and weeping over the horror that is losing a level ten artifact, these answers were written.
1. Guards can be upgraded with weapons you obtain in game. It actually affects the guard’s performance. This was part of the game’s design. However, guards don’t have inventories in the sense that players do, so after the improvement is applied, the item disappears.
**Side Note: We will usually give Artifacts back in situations like this. The only time we wouldn't be able to is if for some reason the artifact was not in the back-ups for us to copy from.**
2. The same thing that happens to all weapons when they reach zero Durability - it breaks and becomes unusable. Artifacts are no different. We appreciate the feedback we have had on this subject, but there are not currently any plans to adjust the decay rates.
3. If we were to just reset the encounter, that would defeat the purpose of number two. The game is designed so that items decay and become unusable over time. If we just reset an encounter whenever an artifact dropped in DUR, it would trivialize this game mechanic.
4. No, we cannot take items back from Guards. The Guard is upgraded though so, your realm *IS* getting a benefit that way. See the side note from number 1 however.
I believe this is because staffs decay when you cast. Found the same think with tart. I have taken to having a pve staff and use tart only for rvr or when i really need the charge for pve. All the other artifacts seem to decay at a rate im comfortable with using them in both pve and rvr.Config said:Btw, i got traldors on my chanter and its a blue con artifact. Isnt blue con artis suppose to decay slower then yellow cons? This is the artifact thats decaying incredible fast comparing to other artifacts i got..
Quite the opposite actually, each repair should take the amount of con you repair + 1 from your duarbility. So repairing as late as possible, incures the least amount of + 1's = less durability loss.eggy said:Repair at 98/97% for optimal longevity. If you wait til 80% con each time, your arti will be fucked fast.
you missed a bit...con drops twice as fast when it falls below 90%...so you have to repair @90/91% for longest longevity..but ofc weapons/armour you dont really want to wait that long.Reno said:Quite the opposite actually, each repair should take the amount of con you repair + 1 from your duarbility. So repairing as late as possible, incures the least amount of + 1's = less durability loss.
Obviously with weapons and staffs you have to balance the need for late repairs vs your diminishing damage output/ focus benefit. So repairing those at ~97% before the effects of reduced con become too noticeable is quite a popular option.
PWN on what not everythin evolves around artifacts you know? i got em all now and im sure they will come up somethin in the end mythic knowing only real question is when thats allFunkdocta said:muhahahahahaha! all joo l33t0r players with artis coming out of your asses will be but mere mortals..... eventually!
And all the people who are taking forever to get and activate artis will wtfpwn u
Im sure they will implement something by then tho.
Mythics intentions is made real by the players in one case out of twenty?vintervargen said:afaik mythic never intended ppl to have perfect templates with 10 artis in each, they probably thought people would have 1-2 max at a time