Removing the incentive for the mega zerg

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Only one workable option for a third faction, thats Undead.

Skaven are chaos and neutrals would sit around crafting and smoking pot because they are, well, neutral (read: hippies).

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Well skaven are natural backstabbers and so could be used on their own because they would never permanently ally with anyone.
Orcs/Gobbos would have made a good third faction also because they will fight anyone.
Undead would also work because they have their own interests; not the same as chaos.
Dark Elves are allied with Chaos merely for convenience in WAR; they would also be happy to fight anyone.
Tbh almost any race could be justified as warhammer has always been designed so anyone's army can fight anyone else.

rynnor

Rockhound
Pirates! Plus we could have ship to ship battles :p

Pretty much any country thats not the empire would do as neutrals - possible player races could be Ogres , Fimir - nasty buggers ruled by a Meargh witch queen, Gnomes, Halflings, Lizardmen, Minotaurs, Troglodytes or even Trolls.

Pygmies from the New World (beyond the Elf Kingdoms), religious fundamentalists from Araby, ninjas from Cathay and Far Nippon or even Amazons from Lustria (good name btw :p).

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
The easiest way to make WAR a 3 way battlefest in it's current form would be to seperate Chaos from the destruction side. Leave the Dark Elves controlling the Orcs/Gobbos and the order side as is. That way you'd get a good player base almost immediately and would offer more interesting fights.

You could then add Khorne and Nurgul to the mix and add appropriate classes.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Not really practical... what would my Zealot and my Squig herder do? :)

What we need to stop the massive zerging is more space...

When you have three small cramped zones it's very easy for a large warband or collection of warbands to defend everything - it takes some organisation to prevent any BO's being stolen briefly but it's no effort to defend a keep.

Open all 9 zones:

Re: Ultimate solution to the problem of zerg - Suggestion Box - GOA Warhammer Online Community

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
What we need is less space. Cram every player into a keep-sized arena running on one ZX81.

Oh wait. Its called Forts.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
It's too late for me i think. DAoC and I are going to get reacquainted...:sex: Haven't really got the inclination to log on WAR anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom