Remove mezz or stun?

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
neither, all of em are crap suggestions. no cc wuld be rediculous and take alot of fun out of the game.

i disagree, the best fights ive had have been when all CC has either been used or theres none there (loong time ago) and the fight has gone on for long enough for not matter whos spotted the other grp.grps faster than the enemy realms, one battle that still sticks out was a great 3 way battle at mmg about 2 years ago, i was a pally and didnt spend anytime mezzed/rooted/stunned, and dont recall seeing any1 else from other realm either, it was great, the battle was long, the casters were casting, tanks were hitting (NO FUCKING ASSIST TRAINS BACK THEN!!!" ppl were rezzing OUTSIDE their own grps too, it was mentioned on the forums not long after it happend and all sides had a great time, get this, you didnt have to be lvl50 to even get to mmg back then either.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
heh, neverending whine
"remove insta mezz"
"remove ae stun"
list goes on ^^

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
No mez would totally boil down to:

Numbers >> Skills

We wouldn't have any nice DH movies to watch. We wouldn't be able to see NP take down 2-3 fgs. Would be awefully boring really since the good guilds are one of the nice things in this game. Something to strive for and look up to. (not the attitude of many though ofc).

Imo ;)

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Just remove instant aoe mezz and lower sorc mezz to healer/bard range.

Would be best way imo, mabey allso remove healer aoe instant stun.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Koyochi said:
4) get rid of all mezz and leave stun to small amount.

Mezz and long stuns just dont fit into the daoc story according to me. I cant quiet remember any medieval battle where one army made the other army sleep for a few minutes, so they could be all butchered one by one. And its just so annoying to die without being able to fight back. I dont mind dying , but at least let me fight for my life. Being the one that mezzes and gets the kills is slightly less annoying, but only because of the rps recieved.

I dont like stealthers either, but at least they fit into the context of the game, so I can live with them.

i didn't know the highlanders fighting by the side of the rivals? the britains nor do i remember the Cabalists helping a country they probably never have been to :eek: i could go on, its not about the games history, but the balance, if it is removed casters will get a free run to kill :O

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Id say what we need is a place for low RR ppl to battle eachother.

Its not fun when your entire grp lack purge and get killed by two enemies.
Yes, it happened, we all got mezzed and then two nuked to death one by one.

Open RvR as it is today is a guaranteed slaughter for low RR ppl, including myself, if we meet a RR6-10 hib/mid grp.

So I would actually like to see a BG for lvl 50s with low RR.
Then when you get enough RPs you cannot port there just like todays
BGs.

There is a distinct difference in dmg and utility between high RR ppl and us
lowbies, and actually its really quite fun when you meet enemies of similar RR
since then you atleast stand a chance and the fights become quite fun and interesting.

CC is ok, what makes it boring is meeting high RR enemies with overpowered RAs.
That combination is lethal for us with crappy gear and low RR
Its like meeting a lvl 50 with a lvl 40, wery wery hard to say the least.

After that I must append some general whine in the classic FH manner:

FH whine begins:

Why on earth did they give them bowslingers sureshot???
Bowslingers in general have recieved a lot of love lately and frankly
I consider them all quite OP atm.

How am I as a caster supposed to kill an uninterruptable target that
constantly interrupts me?

Its like giving casters a perma MOC that you can engage for 50% dmg
reduction, imagine the whine...

End of FH whine.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
just remove all insta CC imo at the same time make alb mezz non bolt range

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
Its kinda sad tho that many battels end cous of 1-2 persons in grp was not fast to use mezz, so the enemi grp kills them. Remove all insta cc and make it harder to interupt imo.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
the non-instanoobs need..

(read: me, not natha!)

rofl
tell me one feking reason to mezz you castable if 2 seconds later there will be _guaranteed_ group purge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom