Remove /level 20?

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
Sorry if I sound overly vehement but XPing for XPing's sake is purely wank - I'd feel differently if the XP system was better, like in Anarchy Online where if you kill a yelow mob solo you get (for example figures not accurate) 2000xp, but if ten of you kill a yellow mob you still get 2000 xp each. That way anyone could group with anyone and gain massively without needing opted groups or feeling like they're losing out because someone's kinda new or not the right level or whatever.

thats a damn nice system tbh!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Collateral said:
thats a damn nice system tbh!

yes, but if a lvl 50 PL group kill some lvl 50 mobs and get 100,000,000 xp, the level 20 alt would ding about 5 levels.

if however the xp is scaled to the level, but is not reduced by the level 50's being in the group that would be cool.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Unfortunately what everyone else has said about the horse already bolting is true.

However it's not the /level command that's the problem, it never was.

What killed EXP groups in DAoC was the requirement to use a buffbot for endgame.
Think about it, in most MMORPGS your average player has one account. This means if they want to powerlevel themselves they need to find another person willing to do it, or go out and buy another accout purely to powerlevel themselves. In DAoC every man and his dog has 2 accounts, that means a huge percentage of the playerbase has the options to log on a level 50 toon + the char they want to level. Add to this the fact that most people view leveling to 50 as a pre-req to being able to play the game and you've got obsolutely no reason to group up with other level 20's.

If players never had a reason to have a "buffbot" most people would still only have one account and the fastest way to earn exp would be to group up with others. Once people have PL'ed characters, getting exp the normal way is just too slow to be worthwhile so there's no way to possibly reverse it now either. If it had never been common, or only done within guilds of close friends, then people would never of got used to the speed of PL and it wouldn't of really been an issue.

See how many people are looking for groups or out exping in the level 30 area's and you'll realise that removing /level would do nothing at all.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Not realy, PL happened before buffbots, and would be stoped, if they would make PL much slower. How? Reduce the amount of xp you get in such fights, and increase the xp rewards in other fights.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
yes, but if a lvl 50 PL group kill some lvl 50 mobs and get 100,000,000 xp, the level 20 alt would ding about 5 levels.

if however the xp is scaled to the level, but is not reduced by the level 50's being in the group that would be cool.

It's capped, ofc. The XP is just the as though you've solo'd the con yourself in order to stop it being silly XP but at the same time there's no reason NOT to group the way in works in AO.

Best XP system ever. Only time I've felt in a game you didn't need an uber group to make it fun to xp

I agree somewhat with Golena. When me and a friend were XPing up our brand new Valks we were using a FoP shaman and an aug spec healer so we had every buff a melee class would want. But we did duo... kinda :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom