Help Remote control software

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Gents,

Other than Windows Remote Desktop, can anyone suggest free remote control software that works over the internet? I often need to troubleshoot my sister's PC and it would save me a drive if I could just remote in and take a look. Is VNC still one of the best?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
All our engineers seem to use LogMeIn. I use VNC at home, no idea how good it is over t'internet.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Teamviewer and Mikogo are both awesome, work through firewalls/weird networking and offer remote control.

Cannot recommend them enough. ( free as well ).

phlash

Fledgling Freddie
I currently use old fashioned NetMeeting / T.120 with my family, because it's about as efficient as RDP (unlike VNC), and most importantly doesn't force them to punch any holes in their NAT gateway (ie: no techie stuff at their end). they just connect to me and share their desktop out.

Oh - and there's definitely no intermediate service provider who *could* snoop the traffic... paranoid? moi? :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
LogMeIn does the job just fine and is free as long as you just need basic remote control. It works through a browser so no firewall rubbish to contend with. There was also that one with the tv advert with the pigeons but the ad obviously wasn't that good because it just makes me think of LogMeIn every time I see it. :D

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
LogMeIn does the job just fine and is free as long as you just need basic remote control. It works through a browser so no firewall rubbish to contend with. There was also that one with the tv advert with the pigeons but the ad obviously wasn't that good because it just makes me think of LogMeIn every time I see it. :D

Its called GotoMyPC which is from Citrix Systems

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
Another vote for LogMeIn. I've used it to remotely fix my parents PC on several occassions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom