Help Remote access

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
So my old dear lives about 40 miles away and while she isnt a complete computer moron she does ring about once a week for me to do something... flash player upgrade, help opening a file blah blah.

Explaining what is on her screen leaves me wanting to rip my toenails off and drip vinegar into the wound.

What is the easiest remote desktop thingy I can get for myself/her so I can just log in and do it for her.

Both running xp.

Please help, I'm running out of toenails and vinegar.

Much Love
Teh Syd..

soze

I am a FH squatter
TeamViewer for me. Quick support at her end does not even need an install it just opens with an ID and password. Or you can install the Host which starts with windows so you can just log on when you like. Another reason I like it is the app you use to control can also run as a portable app with no install.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Probably +1 on teamviewer, I've heard reliably good things about it but have always had logmein set up so never tried it.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
TeamViewer >> Logmein.

Logmein is mostly for personal computer, not remote support.

Vae

Resident Freddy
I fifth Teamviewer as we use it at work to support about 200 shops worldwide.

Just install the host version on your mothers computer and it will run each time windows loads and you can log in at will without her having to do anything.

If she's unhappy giving you access anytime then just leave the quick support one on the desktop for her to run when she calls you to give you the user ID and password.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Cheers guys. Went with teamviewer, nice and simple to set up and can now remote access the 'rents pc.

That should save a lot of nail pulling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom