Remember to vote

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
just thought i'd spread the word and say remember to vote on GOA survey about the classic server , more the merrier.

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
so thats how poeple with no BB are gonna get screwed over cos all those with BB accounts are double voting , so in effect it's gonna be a biased result.
this is the kinda ignorance that makes poeple leave daoc in the first place, all the poeple with BB accounts don't want this new server cos it will be a great place to play for poeple without BB accounts and those with BB acounts can't "pwn" poeple who don't have em anymore, so in effect it's poeple with BB accounts being selfish.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
I wish i didnt have to pay for a second account to be able to play. I wish mythic/goa focused on this and other important balance issues and bugs before introducing more stuff to the game and spending valuable time and money on that. vote no!

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
well with a classic server buffs have a range on em so no BB can be used which brings back the old camelot ( which i loved ) and the game will be fair once again.
this server imo is a step in the right direction for a daoc that is once again fair and fun game to play.

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
the main problem with camelot is that there is 3 player types.

1) the "l33t dud3z" who wanna pwn 24/7 with BB's
2) poeple who believe in playing fair and don't use BB's ( playing fair , i mean the way it used to be )
3) poeple who have BB's because they stand no chance what so ever and only have a BB because the "l33t dud3z" thought it would be a good idea to have an advantage over everyone else.

i see myself in the 2nd catagory

and the person posted before me in the 3rd catagory

i feel this "classic" server is for the 2nd and 3rd catagory poeple and leave all "l33t dud3z" BB'ing each other on normal servers.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Why do you think there will be less bots on a classic server? on the contrary there will probably be more bots since you need to bring them with you in rvr. also you will need a faster computer to be able to play 2 accounts fast if you didnt before. you will need to be able to run 2 catacombs accounts at the same time to be able to farm the catacombs items that will replace the ToA items in templates, unless you want to buy them overpriced from those with bots then of course. Of course nothing of this will be obvious until you have reached lvl 50 and get instakilled in rvr when unbuffed, just as on a normal server.

of course i understand frustration, but i dont think the problems in this game will not be solved with more expansions or servers. the current game has to be modified.

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
buffbots will most likely only be used in PVE on a classic server, if you read the decription when voting it says this:

GOA is examining the opening of a “Classic” type new server for Dark Age of Camelot. Servers of this type already exist in the United States since July. They do not include content from the “Trials of Atlantis” expansion (zones, special powers, quests, objects and artefacts – but the races released with this expansion remain). On these servers, buffs have a limited range and the /level command is not activated.

so you can see BB's will not and cannot be used in RvR which means it's back to way it was before all the BB nonsense.

so with the buffs having a range limit on them you won't have a zerg sitting at the frontier keep doing nothing but taking up memory.

and 1 on 1 fights in rvr will be fair again as poeple won't be running around with 6+ overpowered artis and full stack of red buffs to make em stronger.

and if poeple are really that sad to lvl 2 accounts from lvl 1 to get a PvE advantage then they are fools more than anything else.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
People already run with bg or di bots on /stick. of course they will do that on a "classic" server in EU also, just as they do on US servers. And the PvE advantage, that will be more important then ever to farm the catacombs items. but good luck in rvr with epic armor against people with full TG and Darkspire equipment. There are always items better then other items, and the rare items are hard to get. harder then ToA artifacts that often is soloable or always drops.

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
whats "Darkspire equipment"? just reopened account so dunno what that is , if it is catacombs gear i thought catacombs stuff was PvE only? and as for Caer sidi , TG gear i'd prefer to do a caer sidi raid then camp artis 24/7 for the scrolls and what not. i never said anything about running around in Epic gear , back before ToA i do believe DF (boss items i.e legion etc ), CS and spell crafted equipment was the best obtainable at the time including some very nice SI quests for bracers and whatnot , although CS stuff was far superior than most at that given time of the game.

thing is buffbots in PvE i don't usually mind because for those who aren't "l33t dud3z" and join a group with the BB it's used for the better of the group.

but as for RvR i find it very insulting to use one to gain an advantage and i can hardly see scouts + assassin classes running around with a BB stuck to em cos they wouldn't have the element of surprise from stealth, which leave me to beleive they would have to stop moving when spotting the enemy and go hide the bot in a close enough range for the buffs and then strike the enemy.

seems a little excessive imo

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Darkspire is an instance in Catacombs that drops pretty great items. No, Catacombs isn't just PvE only, it has new items and these items also have stat cap increases. People will still be much more powerful than you and no amount of time wasted in Sidi (Why on earth anyone WANTS that) is going to help.

Getting TOAd up is 10x as fast as getting a Sidi kit.

Gamah

Banned
haha, classic servers are not like Daoc of old, if thats what you are expecting you will be SORELY disapointed.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Actually the so called "l33t dud3z" are far more superior on the classic server than on a normal server. "l33t dud3z" will still be running fully buffed in their opted grps while the none "l33t dud3z" without BB's running in random grps will not be fully buffed cuz' of no BB's..

mirieth!

Banned
my experience of classic:

more monotonus/arduous leveling without powerlevel and twinking etc.

no solo'ers/small grps etc. at all due to no buffbots

total zergfest as everyone is low rr and wants to gain rps asap

no opportunity for interresting groupsetups as everyone is forced to run the same or similar setup to compete due to overpowered disease/ns and so forth

templates, in fact, take just as long to complete due to everyone needing the rarest darkspire items for the best template possible with limited options and darkspire in classic is EXTREMELY boring, frustrating and long.

and so forth... it, at first, seems like just what i wanted - but frankly it simply made me realised i'd rather make new chars in toa as it was overall more rewarding and less monotonus.

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
deepflame i wasn't trying to say that Sidi equipment was the best there was all i was saying at that given time in the game ( i.e SI release sidi was the dogs bollox ) and me not knowing of this other place i just gathered it would be a top priorty for equipment , guess i was wrong , but thanks for stuffing it down my throat.

as for Zebolt , i figure these "l33t dud3z" are gonna be running with 16 players then? 1 lame BB for each player? so instead of 8 running as a group there will be 16 , 8 of those doing nothing but taking up memory and making the game biased again? i can see the "l33t dud3z" have more money than sense ,they will go very far in life...

thanks alot for your input Gamah but maybe you need to learn some manners and be more polite , this isn't a flame fest , it's poeples opinions and information being passed around, and for you to come on here and laugh at me because i am slightly mis-guided if you will, i find it pretty rude.

mirieth , thankyou very much for your personnal input on this topic as it has let me see what is ahead if the server goes live, i think i will try it and find out for myself if it's gonna be worth staying or not, but reading what you have posted has made me think a little. after ToA was released here in the europe i disliked it for how powerful ranged attackers became and ended up leaving for a while , but we will see what happens.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Cathos said:
as for Zebolt , i figure these "l33t dud3z" are gonna be running with 16 players then? 1 lame BB for each player? so instead of 8 running as a group there will be 16 , 8 of those doing nothing but taking up memory and making the game biased again? i can see the "l33t dud3z" have more money than sense ,they will go very far in life...
Actually, their groups include will include enhance specced clerics (or mid/hib version) for spec buffs, and a friar or heretic (or mid/hib version) for bases.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Actually, their groups include will include enhance specced clerics (or mid/hib version) for spec buffs, and a friar or heretic (or mid/hib version) for bases.
So will all the random groups.. Maybe without spec buffs, but they will still be buffed.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Tasslehoff said:
So will all the random groups.. Maybe without spec buffs, but they will still be buffed.
Yes, but not fully buffed as they are now with BB's in the game which will make them even easier to kill for the so called "l33t dud3z" than they are now on our normal servers.

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:

i do know what BB's are m8 i ain't that wonky in the head just yet..

what zebolt is saying is that the "l33t dud3z" are gonna be running with more than 8 when running as 1 group cos they gonna have maybe 2-6 bots stuck to em to give that advantage over everyone else in a game that is supposed to be fair?

that to me is down right lame, can't fight fair so they cheat ( from a certain point of view ) to gain a huge advantage.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Cathos said:
i do know what BB's are m8 i ain't that wonky in the head just yet..

what zebolt is saying is that the "l33t dud3z" are gonna be running with more than 8 when running as 1 group cos they gonna have maybe 2-6 bots stuck to em to give that advantage over everyone else in a game that is supposed to be fair?

that to me is down right lame, can't fight fair so they cheat ( from a certain point of view ) to gain a huge advantage.
No, you misunderstood me. Actual players are playing the buff guys. They aren't buffbots, they're buff players. They also shear and cast heals. You don't need a lot of rejuvenation to heal people.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Cathos said:
No that's not what I'm saying but the "l33t dud3z" who play with the same guys every time will have the luxury to adjust their groups to get everyone fully buffed (from playing classes) and random grps will not have the luxury since you can't allways find the right classes etc so the random grps will have to settle with not fully buffed or not capped buffs.

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
well then i better hope to buggery i join a PvP guild then as i was gonna be roling a cleric or a paladin anyways but swingng more towards the cleric so see how my luck goes :p

Cathos

Fledgling Freddie
oops... forgot to say

thanks for clearing up what you 2 mean , makes things easier , i appreciate your comments

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Cathos said:
so thats how poeple with no BB are gonna get screwed over cos all those with BB accounts are double voting , so in effect it's gonna be a biased result.
this is the kinda ignorance that makes poeple leave daoc in the first place, all the poeple with BB accounts don't want this new server cos it will be a great place to play for poeple without BB accounts and those with BB acounts can't "pwn" poeple who don't have em anymore, so in effect it's poeple with BB accounts being selfish.

I totally agree with you here, and on all you´r other post´s in this thread. Buffbots was a unintended flaw from the game designers, but became big buisness to Goa/Mythic and was accepeted due to the extra money.
players with buffbot account (Cheat accounts) will also use that acconunt to vote against the (True Daoc players) who have no buffbot accounts. and if mythic/goa are taking the result from this voting serious, then there will be no "Perfected Dark age of Camelot server".
I have no charecters on prywden, i only play mid excalibur, but i simply had to back up cathos on this post, because what he say is the truth, whatever you people like it or not!.

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
The problem in those classic servers is , who is gona stop those hib groups running with Vamps. Even 1 vampire in group means more buffs for teh rest of the group, so hibs will have the luxory of the best buffs.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Vermillon said:
The problem in those classic servers is , who is gona stop those hib groups running with Vamps. Even 1 vampire in group means more buffs for teh rest of the group, so hibs will have the luxory of the best buffs.

True. . . but it is my fealing the new classes introduced in the Cata expansion
have been developed because of the massive us of buffbots, classes that could somewhat compete against buffed players even they themself are not buffed.
Again this proves that buffbots from the beginning was a flaw that was never corrected, but instead accepted as a money machine for Goa/mythic.
It is my belif, and i also think Goa/mythic have seen this now . . . That buffbot´s in the long run have done more damage than good to the game, in particular the rvr part of the game.
I wish they would put range on buff´s and make them group required in all rvr/pvp zones, on all servers, not only new servers.
i dont mind players using a BB in pve, as it has no direct affect against a enemy player, but in player vs player, a non buffed play might aswell just sit down if he is solo.
and dont start the "This is a mmorg game, go play a singel player game". Daoc is for massive numbers of players "yes", they can trade, hunt, chat, and even fight against enemy players together. but never should it be a punishment if you want to explore the realm of Daoc on you´r own.
The buffbot´s have made it so hard, or even impossible for a "True solo player" to enjoy rvr, because he has no chance to win a fight against buffed players.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
BBs are good:

Makes pve easier.
Makes soloing way easier (you can actually kill grouped ppl)

Beasly

Fledgling Freddie
lol doodz,

just stop the qq and buy 2nd PC and account, cheap fuck lol

btw i'm gonna quad vote on the side of you noobs, get ride of the whine tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom