Religeon 101

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Just to clear things up, there are mentions of dinosaurs in the bible. Check out the descriptions of Behemoth and Leviathan, both which are mentioned in the book of Job which is one of the earliest, if not the earliest book of the bible.

Gamah said:
When the bible was proven to be a big crock of shit over time they changed it so now you need to "interprete" the meanings. The bible is being proved more wrong day by day yet people who refuse to believe there is nothing after death will always believe in something.

Which parts have been proven to be false? I'll agree that the New Testiment needs "interpreted" in so far as it was written to specific groups of people and now Christians try to apply the "advice" to their lives, but I've yet to read anything that "disproves" what is written. I dont mind people not believing what it says, or not believing in a God or afterlife, but you kind need some evidence for an attack like that.:m00:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Many more russians than jews were killed i dont hear people quoting that, maybe its becuase they were not members of some system ?

I used the number of killed jewish people, because it´s the most significant one for this era. You´re right, other groups have been killed as well (however, most of them not systematically in concentration camps, more during the war... doesn´t make a difference for the victims, but for the overall evaluation of the process, it´s important). However, all this makes my point even more valid. Nazis and Al Quaeda aren´t even playing in the same league. You can´t kill that many people without the backup of a huge infrastructure i.e. lots of followers.

tamtap

Banned
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
I used the number of killed jewish people, because it´s the most significant one for this era. You´re right, other groups have been killed as well (however, most of them not systematically in concentration camps, more during the war... doesn´t make a difference for the victims, but for the overall evaluation of the process, it´s important). However, all this makes my point even more valid. Nazis and Al Quaeda aren´t even playing in the same league. You can´t kill that many people without the backup of a huge infrastructure i.e. lots of followers.

I understand your point of view, your wrong though.

If you look back at the nuremburg trials very very few germans had their necks stretched. In fact most of the people doing the day to day work in the camps were poles who in turn were murdered routinely.

we digresss a bit from religeon, it seems to me a label for a gorup of like minded people so using this thesis the KKK is equally as valid as any islamic religeon.

Now thats a bigbrother episode i'd like to see!

Tam

Marc

FH is my second home
People who believe in religion are cabbages and fucktards?

What does that make people who cant even spell religion?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
CorNokZ said:
QFT

Ps: My first QFT! YaY

its never shit when tamtap is posting, he is le amusing! religion and science doesnt go hand in hand (Cept when Mr. Cruise is Jesus!). its a stupid discussion because people who try to prove a religion wrong is a stupid as a person defending it as the truth.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Sparx said:
Oh and before you start the "oh what about the muslims fighting for religion blah blah" i bet none of you lot who preach that actually know any muslims. I do, i work with a few. Its not the way they believe, they actually have a peaceful religion but its the fanatics who have bent the beleifs so they can justify themselves. They hide behind the religion excuse.

heh well in my class there's a muslim, hardest studier i've ever seen, he learned danish in 3-4 years, dad's a math professor but cant get a job in denmark else than cleaning, mother educated as well can't remember as what tho. now he believes that our religion teacher is a jew, why? because she said to him if he didnt stop mixing his own religious views in the class discussions he wouldn't be able to judge texts objectially (sp?). so she must be a jew and has it in for him... nice chap tho.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die. - F. Forrester Church

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
People who believe in religion are cabbages and fucktards?

What does that make people who cant even spell religion?

Winner :D

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Reason the dinosaurs aren't in the bible is cause god created everything ~6000 years ago, the dinosaures never existed they were put where they are buy god.

atleast thats what people beiliving in the creation thinks, people like me who beilives in evolution don't think that.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
this is a matter that can't be discussed tbh, no side will turn. That's the great thing and on another side a really horrible thing about belief.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
tamtap said:
So as usual at the pub some bright spark starts up about religeon. We roughly agreed the camp breaks down into two types of people

1. the doubters, the think there is 'somthing' out there, go to chruch for weddings, funerals, chrstenings, dont really believe in an organised system (jew/christian/muslim/cocker spaniel)

and

2. the earth is flat it says so on page 343 of the big King J book.

Strange thing is a few of us agreed the some cat2 ppl are normally reasonable human beings.

If noah saved all the animals how did he keep all the freshwater fish alive on the boat when seas covered the land.
Also how the fuck he get to the penguins.
Where are the dinosaurs in the bible ?
The bible was written by many many different people over 100's of years none with first hand expeiriece. A bit like the Sun newspaper.
Where does it specify length and colour of vicars dresses.
Why do muslims want to kill so many people even the nazi's werent this bad.
Whats up with bacon sandwiches ?
How does your hairstyle effect your going to 'heaven'.
If mankind was started by adam and eve and all that begatting were they black/white/yellow/brown and whichever color they werent where do they come from.

seems total load of bollox to me or am i missing something ?

Tam

My main issue is how is it humanly possible for two absolute retards, to get it on and produce you. I mean talk about a waste of good old fashioned Semen.

I have no time for Inbreds so Fuck Off!!

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
tamtap said:
we digresss a bit from religeon, it seems to me a label for a gorup of like minded people so using this thesis the KKK is equally as valid as any islamic religeon.
Are you saying that KKK = religion? :O

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
re·li·gion /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

rac·ism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

QED.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I almost thought this would be an interesting thread...

then I realised the OP couldn't spell the topic of his illogical, extremist and completely disorganised attacks.

(I know I harp on about this book a bit...) The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins is a cracking read and has logical scientific opinions, intelligently argued on the existence of God (both in the classical - old man on white cloud and the naturalistic - "something" greater than that which we can imagine) and all associated paraphernalia. Also give Bertrand Russell - Why I am not a Christian a read - excellently written.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
Roalith said:
re·li·gion /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

rac·ism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
I guess you are right

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Jeremiah said:
Just to clear things up, there are mentions of dinosaurs in the bible. Check out the descriptions of Behemoth and Leviathan, both which are mentioned in the book of Job which is one of the earliest, if not the earliest book of the bible.

Which parts have been proven to be false? I'll agree that the New Testiment needs "interpreted" in so far as it was written to specific groups of people and now Christians try to apply the "advice" to their lives, but I've yet to read anything that "disproves" what is written. I dont mind people not believing what it says, or not believing in a God or afterlife, but you kind need some evidence for an attack like that.:m00:

bit hard to interprete the noah story as anything but a violation of copyrights :)

Himse

FH is my second home
tamtap said:
Im certainly not apologising for the german populace neither do i blame them.

Certianinly the number killed isnt relevant or africa, palastine, eastern europe, russia would be afforded such recognition ?

Many more russians than jews were killed i dont hear people quoting that, maybe its becuase they were not members of some system ?

So lets not keep quoting the jews, they doing themselves no favours the last 20 years unless fucking off the arab world is their goal.

Tam

You are the biggest idiot ever to grace the forums, your arguement isn't even logical. Please leave, you need to be able to at least spell to post here.

World Affairs isn't really your strong point, or History.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Himse said:
You are the biggest idiot ever to grace the forums, your arguement isn't even logical. Please leave, you need to be able to at least spell to post here.

World Affairs isn't really your strong point, or History.
thats a bit harsh,
he's entitled to his opinion regardless how misinformed and moronic it is :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Chronictank said:
thats a bit harsh,
he's entitled to his opinion regardless how misinformed and moronic it is :)

himse tied close 2nd with his comment tho

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Himse said:
Not really =[

well if you can be judge with your iq, then im the head of the organization that controls this game ;< you're close 2nd or you're fired HEHE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom