Religeon 101

tamtap

Banned
So as usual at the pub some bright spark starts up about religeon. We roughly agreed the camp breaks down into two types of people

1. the doubters, the think there is 'somthing' out there, go to chruch for weddings, funerals, chrstenings, dont really believe in an organised system (jew/christian/muslim/cocker spaniel)

and

2. the earth is flat it says so on page 343 of the big King J book.

Strange thing is a few of us agreed the some cat2 ppl are normally reasonable human beings.

If noah saved all the animals how did he keep all the freshwater fish alive on the boat when seas covered the land.
Also how the fuck he get to the penguins.
Where are the dinosaurs in the bible ?
The bible was written by many many different people over 100's of years none with first hand expeiriece. A bit like the Sun newspaper.
Where does it specify length and colour of vicars dresses.
Why do muslims want to kill so many people even the nazi's werent this bad.
Whats up with bacon sandwiches ?
How does your hairstyle effect your going to 'heaven'.
If mankind was started by adam and eve and all that begatting were they black/white/yellow/brown and whichever color they werent where do they come from.

seems total load of bollox to me or am i missing something ?

Tam

Vladamir

FH is my second home
The bible doesn't mention dinosaurs because it's not based on evolution surely? :eek:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Your arguments are so flawed, I don´t even know where to start.
First off, there ar FAR more than the two groups you describe. Not everyone who´s following the christian religion is taking everything in the bible literally. Not even the pope does. Maybe a couple of hardcore amish people in Bonksville/Tennessee do. But you can hardly call it an achievement to find arguments against them.
It´s all about interpretations and filtering the essence. Coming up with arguments about penguins and dinosaurs is about the same as saying "that part was a tad unrealistic" in a James Bond movie.

Why do muslims want to kill so many people even the nazi's werent this bad.

This part of your post was pretty disturbing. Apart from the fact that the muslims, who "want to kill so many people" are the absolute minority and apart from the fact that the Nazis killed FAR more people than Al Quaeda ever will: if you are fond of comparsions to historical groups, why don´t you think about the millions of people who have died in the name of the cross and the roman catholic church? I don´t have any numbers, but I dare to say that the bodycount score between christianity and islam isn´t looking too bad for the christians.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Coming up with arguments about penguins and dinosaurs is about the same as saying "that part was a tad unrealistic" in a James Bond movie.

james bond isnt real? :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think oraganised religion is nothing more than a way to control populations well in the olden days ;)

I belive i would rather go to heaven than hell.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I think oraganised religion is nothing more than a way to control populations well in the olden days

I dare to say that it´s still pretty good for that purpose. :)

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
The bible doesn't mention dinosaurs because it's not based on evolution surely? :eek:

Or because the bible dont go back that many years?

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
echome said:

well if it starts with god creating the world... how far back do you wanna go? :m00:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Himse said:
The fact that you cannot spell Religion amuses me.

QFT and repped.

Also, most of what you said made me laugh.

echome said:

Or because Religion wasn't around back in those times? :) 200m years ago? :)

Amildin said:
well if it starts with god creating the world... how far back do you wanna go? :m00:

According to the bible. Evolutionary theory is more realistic than God.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
dinosaurs werent discovered when the bible was written, its like saying why didnt world war 2 films have mobile phones in. A story writer usually only goes by what he knows about :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Kinag said:
And he knew that god created the earth?

well he didn't, but god creating the world etc is quite important to the plot. dino's weren't discovered so the auther(s) wouldn't have any reason to put them in.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
cant believe i am getting drawn into such a stupid discussion lol

tamtap

Banned
Raven said:
dinosaurs werent discovered when the bible was written, its like saying why didnt world war 2 films have mobile phones in. A story writer usually only goes by what he knows about :p

thats the point surely ?

Somthing as major as page1 of your (read fucktards who believe the bible) life has just been proven to be a load of bollox must be slightlty disturbing ?

I mean its F A C T that before man walked the earth there were dinosaurs. Just go take a look in the foyer of the natural history museum.

SO where does that leave the cabbages who still subscribe to a proven pack of bullshit ?

Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Your arguments are so flawed, I don´t even know where to start.
First off, there ar FAR more than the two groups you describe. Not everyone who´s following the christian religion is taking everything in the bible literally. Not even the pope does. Maybe a couple of hardcore amish people in Bonksville/Tennessee do. But you can hardly call it an achievement to find arguments against them.
It´s all about interpretations and filtering the essence. Coming up with arguments about penguins and dinosaurs is about the same as saying "that part was a tad unrealistic" in a James Bond movie.

This part of your post was pretty disturbing. Apart from the fact that the muslims, who "want to kill so many people" are the absolute minority and apart from the fact that the Nazis killed FAR more people than Al Quaeda ever will: if you are fond of comparsions to historical groups, why don´t you think about the millions of people who have died in the name of the cross and the roman catholic church? I don´t have any numbers, but I dare to say that the bodycount score between christianity and islam isn´t looking too bad for the christians.

back to school sonny jim, who do you think was running germany at this time the public ? it was a small circle (al quada style) of nutters.

imo thw world would be a better place without the middle east.

Tam

Anyone with a religous system that involves pissing other people off I vote you all go sui yourselfs and do the planet a favour.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
tamtap said:
Anyone with a religous system that involves pissing other people off I vote you all go sui yourselfs and do the planet a favour.

Have fun on your holiday from Freddyshouse *waves*

EDIT: Nerf ninja edits.

Anyhoop, not a thing we like to say around here.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
you know what i really cant understand?

why is my lighter always on the other side of the room when i want it

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Tam you're an ignorant fuck.

You tell other's to go to school, yet you have some kind of idea that every religious person studies the Bible to eternity and back?

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
tamtap said:
imo thw world would be a better place without the middle east.

Tam

You are such a fucking idiot.

Surely the world would be a better place without idiots like you.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
who do you think was running germany at this time the public ? it was a small circle (al quada style) of nutters.

Approximately six million jews alone were killed by the Nazis. Do you really think that a "small circle of nutters" is able to do that? An entire nation (more or less) stood behind Hitler and supported his goals. And unless you´re one of the naive people, who still believe the good old "oh, we didn´t know what was going on in the concentration camps" excuses, you should realise that there is a huge difference between Al Quaeda and the Nazis.

tamtap

Banned
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Approximately six million jews alone were killed by the Nazis. Do you really think that a "small circle of nutters" is able to do that? An entire nation (more or less) stood behind Hitler and supported his goals. And unless you´re one of the naive people, who still believe the good old "oh, we didn´t know what was going on in the concentration camps" excuses, you should realise that there is a huge difference between Al Quaeda and the Nazis.

Im certainly not apologising for the german populace neither do i blame them.

Certianinly the number killed isnt relevant or africa, palastine, eastern europe, russia would be afforded such recognition ?

Many more russians than jews were killed i dont hear people quoting that, maybe its becuase they were not members of some system ?

So lets not keep quoting the jews, they doing themselves no favours the last 20 years unless fucking off the arab world is their goal.

Tam

Gamah

Banned
When the bible was proven to be a big crock of shit over time they changed it so now you need to "interprete" the meanings. The bible is being proved more wrong day by day yet people who refuse to believe there is nothing after death will always believe in something.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i dont see why it is such a problem to you lot if ppl follow religion. to them it makes their life better and has no change to you life whatsoever.

Oh and before you start the "oh what about the muslims fighting for religion blah blah" i bet none of you lot who preach that actually know any muslims. I do, i work with a few. Its not the way they believe, they actually have a peaceful religion but its the fanatics who have bent the beleifs so they can justify themselves. They hide behind the religion excuse.

Me personally am Catholic and i dont follow it at all. But in some cases its a nice thing to help make a decision, like a second opinion for your concience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom