Relics?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Ginius said:
I fully agree.
"some mids" entered that zone too.

200+ mids, even excalibur server crashes at those points.

Beeper

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
server crashed 2 times out of you 4 tries? "ok", not worth going back imo! :worthy:

Actually it crashed three out of three times, and it also crashed both times Albs went to play at fensalir....you can't expect people to want to keep going to any Mid zone knowing that as soon as more than 50 people show up the zone will crash and roll back.

And the point is still being missed. GOA has upgraded the otherr servers and promised to upgrade Pryd in "the coming weeks". It hasn't happened. Why not?

The reason for the upgrade was the instability of Mid zones which was making it impossible for Mids to play TOA properly after they had paid for it.

The instability still exists so where's the new hardware?

Perhaps one of our new GOA GMs could answer that question.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Beeper said:

goa is like my boss - only likes to talk to people when he / they have good news. when they cant tell u whats happening or have bad news he / they act like u dont bloody exist.

how long has the server been in terrible conditions? and how long have they down (what seems to be) **** all about it.

i bet 1500 of the prydwen player base canceling their auto renew would put some smoke up their ass.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Beeper said:
Actually it crashed three out of three times, and it also crashed both times Albs went to play at fensalir....you can't expect people to want to keep going to any Mid zone knowing that as soon as more than 50 people show up the zone will crash and roll back.

And the point is still being missed. GOA has upgraded the otherr servers and promised to upgrade Pryd in "the coming weeks". It hasn't happened. Why not?

The reason for the upgrade was the instability of Mid zones which was making it impossible for Mids to play TOA properly after they had paid for it.

The instability still exists so where's the new hardware?

Ok I'm not a server or a network tech so I don't know the specifics behind all of this, however I have spoken to the technical guys to find out what is going on. The lag in the Midgard ToA zones and the instability in the frontiers is not due to the hardware being sub par. Certainly the servers have been able to handle RR sized forces in the past and nothing has changed (from a hardware point of view) in the meantime. The technical teams are working to isolate the causes of the reported problems and as soon as we have info it will be on the news site. It does seem that the problem is not simply one of numbers - there have been occasions when there have been many more people in Uppland than have previously crashed the zone and everything has been fine. With this in mind we are looking at other explanations.

New hardware is lined up for Prydwen however I couldn't say what the timescale is. I simply don't know and any kind of estimate given by me would be a pure guess. Again info on this will be posted on the news site as soon as a date is confirmed.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Requiel. Means a lot that GOA finally takes the time to let us know what is going on.

This is a serious problem making Midgard imune to relicraids and beside a couple of sad people it seems Albs, Mids and Hibs agree this can't go on like this.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I suppose that Alb should do at least two relics raids, if the server crashes again I suppose that it would only be fair to reset the relics and lock down the relic keeps until the situation is fixed. When it is, the relics should be given back again. (in this case, all 3 power relics to the hibs and all 3 strength relics to the mids).

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Daedalus said:
I suppose that Alb should do at least two relics raids, if the server crashes again I suppose that it would only be fair to reset the relics and lock down the relic keeps until the situation is fixed. When it is, the relics should be given back again. (in this case, all 3 power relics to the hibs and all 3 strength relics to the mids).

This is actualy not as bad as it sounds - if its proven that the zones cant cope with a relic raid attempt - then the relics must be set back to default until the problem is fixed.

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
Daedalus said:

my last 5 trials in Uppland
- 78 attackers ganked by 150 defenders, 0 fps until dead
- 80 attackers, crash after door 2 went down
- 75 attackers, crash after door 3 nearly down
- about 60 attackers ganked by >130 defenders, 0 fps until dead againagain
- about 65 attackers this time, connection terminated by server as i tried to enter uppland

sorry, no need for another trial

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Brolundar said:
my last 5 trials in Uppland
- 78 attackers ganked by 150 defenders, 0 fps until dead
- about 60 attackers ganked by >130 defenders, 0 fps until dead againagain
- about 65 attackers this time, connection terminated by server as i tried to enter uppland

sorry, no need for another trial

And all this happened since 1.68 - wow, never noticed any RR's planned since the patch day. The point made previously is that the zone needs testing again as the servers have been upgraded to a new version, this may (or may not) have resolved some of these problems - Im all for doing some more RR's, just give the word.

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
Nxs said:
And all this happened since 1.68 - wow, never noticed any RR's planned since the patch day. The point made previously is that the zone needs testing again as the servers have been upgraded to a new version, this may (or may not) have resolved some of these problems - Im all for doing some more RR's, just give the word.

From experiences i made so far, performance went down after 1.68.
Heavy inc lags even if i use 1GB RAM + full prechaching. And here i am talking about small scale rvr up to 30ppl on each side.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
The FPS situation doesn't have to do anything with the server performance, and thus GoA can't do anything about it. So, based from your stats there have only been three relic raids where the server crashed, out of five:

- about 65 attackers this time, connection terminated by server as i tried to enter uppland (zone crash/too many connections)

Now, I don't know how reliable these are because I haven't heard about any relic raid after patch 1.68 either. But that's not important.

The problem is that GoA just cannot 'freeze' the relics without having proof that the servers crash every time.

So, I propose this.. we'll plan two relic raids, the dates are only known to Albion and GoA (though, undoubtly they'll leak out). We'll request from GoA that they'll monitor the servers at that time and if they crash on both raids, that the relics are to be reset until the problem has been fixed.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Daedalus said:
So, I propose this.. we'll plan two relic raids, the dates are only known to Albion and GoA (though, undoubtly they'll leak out). We'll request from GoA that they'll monitor the servers at that time and if they crash on both raids, that the relics are to be reset until the problem has been fixed.

Sounds like a plan to me - best just let GOA know the dates tho :) dont tell the albs till 24hrs before to minimize leakage.

Beeper

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
New hardware is lined up for Prydwen however I couldn't say what the timescale is. I simply don't know and any kind of estimate given by me would be a pure guess. Again info on this will be posted on the news site as soon as a date is confirmed.

Thanks for this update Requiel, it's nice to know we will still be getting our new hardware since its gone quiet on the Friday news.

It does lead me to ask the question: Why is Prydwen waiting an unspecified length of time for a hardware upgrade other players have enjoyed for some weeks now?

The fact that GOA have upgraded hardware on many of their servers since TOA would indicate that they acknowledge that new hardware IS needed and yet still Prydwen customers have to wait?

Beeper

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Ok I'm not a server or a network tech so I don't know the specifics behind all of this, however I have spoken to the technical guys to find out what is going on. The lag in the Midgard ToA zones and the instability in the frontiers is not due to the hardware being sub par. Certainly the servers have been able to handle RR sized forces in the past and nothing has changed (from a hardware point of view) in the meantime.

Well TOA has been added and there was an immediate large increase in complaints from players about lag, latency and zone crashes so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the two are connected and the servers couldn't cope.

And GOA have touted their new hardware installed immediately after the launch of TOA as the solution to the crashes, lag, latency issues, so it is not reasonable to make the players on the few remaining servers wait indefinitely for the upgrade enjoyed by the rest of GOA's customers. It's not as if players have te power to vote with their feet and change server.

Friday news
[2004-26-03]
Servers upgrades
After Brocéliande, Ys, Excalibur, Avalon and Lyonesse, Stonehenge and Logres should see their servers upgraded next week. This should grant these servers with a better stability overall, especially in Atlantis Zones. The exact dates will be given next week.
[2004-2-04]
Upgrade of the DAoC Servers
The Logres and Stonehenge machines were upgraded during the week and the results show a clear improvement both for server lag and stability. Once again we would like to remind you that we will be continuing the upgrade process on all our servers until we reach an optimal performance and stability for all of them.

Iodine

Fledgling Freddie
carrot said:
whats bs

their is a problem with the mid fronteer zones albs have had 2 good attempts stoped dead because the zone crashed I know I was running to defend on both occations.

perhaps you think there is a problem with the hib zones OK if so say so but its the first Ive herd about it .

and i may point out that on several occations the albs hit the RK without warning and if thay did that to the Hib keep there wouldent be qazillions of mushrooms their.

Ok what i tried to say in my post is that it is not fair for hibs to be penalised, because mids relics are possibly 'invincible', due to GOA being incompetent etc. :)

carrot

Fledgling Freddie
ahh yes good point but i'm still trying to get the albs to take em from you :)

much better thay have the pow relicks .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom