Relics?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I know this will turn into a zerg/savages/etc wajn eventually ... but I want to start by saying I'm not blaming anyone else then GOA/Mythic in this post.

I don't believe much in the zerg/savages/adding/unbalance whines ... simply because what comes around goes around ... all realms zerg .. all realms have people adding in fights ... every realm has the upper hand for a while (ok Hib hasn't but even hib has their nights/couple of nights where their zerg pwns emain).

But this time it's different. TBH the state of RvR is silly ... not becuase of zergs and savages etc but mainly because Mids have the advantage of str relics.

This would be perfectly fine... they fought for them they deserve them... and they deserve them untill a capable force of albs/hibs rams down their relic keep doors and gets them back...

But ... this is not possible is it? ... several times it has been tried (I was on 2 attempts a friend was on 3 attempts and only one where I was as well so that is 4 attempts at least. Most of them made it to the relic keep fairly save and fast... most of them had a door down and were going strong to get the rest down ... when mids started showing up in Uppland to defend ... which crashed the server ... once again not blaming the mids ..they have the right to defend and I'm sure most of them would rather defend it honorably then by crashing ... but still it happens making it complety impossible for the albs to "bounce back" like we normally do

I am at a complete loss how people are not very very angry about this ... I mean I can imagine Mids not being overly concerned by it but even they should agree that it's slighty silly :(

This is currently holding a lot of albs back ... a couple don't bother with RvR for a while and this in turn results in Mids pwning keepsiege aspect of Prydwen and thus them having DF all the time ...

Discuss!

rynnor

Rockhound
I shouldnt worry too much - all relics are getting reset when the RvR expansion comes out - it looks to be a pretty different game then and straight melees like Savages will not have much fun in the massive sieges.

Plus the Albs would probably have a str relic or two by now if not for the problems with the Midgard RvR zone server - thats down to GOA...

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
would like to see to take another step ahead and remove the whole relics concept from the game. It screws up game ballance, goa can just ballance so much things cant rly calculate fixes with any realm holding relics.

Keep some sort of relics like make them givf 10% more rps or so ( of the top of my head ). Dont let them screw up something this game deciding.

On the other hand its really sad that goa intented this game for big battles ( allthough this is what i read in goa webby ) and we get a server that cant handle "working as intended".

this is just imo ofc.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
rynnor said:
Plus the Albs would probably have a str relic or two by now if not for the problems with the Midgard RvR zone server - thats down to GOA...

ehh ... yes .. that was my point mate :p

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Karmatika said:
would like to see to take another step ahead and remove the whole relics concept from the game. It screws up game ballance, goa can just ballance so much things cant rly calculate fixes with any realm holding relics.

it's a different discussion but yes I do agree with you .. all relics do is make the stronger realm even stronger ...

rynnor

Rockhound
Shanaia said:
ehh ... yes .. that was my point mate :p

Heh - nerf skip reading :)

All we can do is petition via rightnow and hope really - it is a shame as I really enjoy a good relic defence :(

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
As you said yourself, what goes around comes around, when albs had the relics, i cant think of 1 mid who refused to rvr lol, imo tell the selfish f***'s if they want relics, go rvr and get them back.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
ev0_o said:
As you said yourself, what goes around comes around, when albs had the relics, i cant think of 1 mid who refused to rvr lol, imo tell the selfish f***'s if they want relics, go rvr and get them back.

think the point they are making is that cos of mid frontiers not being able to handle more than like 50 people..they cant take the relics back :)

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Ive always been saying relics are unbalancing myself aswell, would be nicer if they gave a bonus to rps gained or something like that.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Brelakor said:
Ive always been saying relics are unbalancing myself aswell, would be nicer if they gave a bonus to rps gained or something like that.

they should give one for extra rp one for extra xp/ML xp/arti xp? then both PvE and RvR would be intrested in getting them :p

(for example now a warrior that farms with his bot mostly isnt gonna worry too much about power relics, for that matter neither are guild groups that run tank groups :p )

carrot

Fledgling Freddie
hears the thing cant get the strenth relics because of the bad uppland server situation.( totaly agree not your fault and for once a valid winge).

Then go get the magic relics instead, no problem (as far as I know) with the hib fronteer zones.

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, thats a good idea Ormo, can see you are as tierd as i am of artifacts :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
carrot said:
hears the thing cant get the strenth relics because of the bad uppland server situation.( totaly agree not your fault and for once a valid winge).

Then go get the magic relics instead, no problem (as far as I know) with the hib fronteer zones.

problem with hib relic raids is the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 quazillion animist pets :p

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
didn't mids take str relics before FF was fixed? at the time it was know that FF would be fixed in a future patch.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
ev0_o said:

or you could read my original post ktnxbye

We had several succesfull relicraids and would have had one or more str relic by now if it wasn't for the crap server.

Typical really I keep saying I'm not attacking anyone and you turn it into a "mid pwns and albs are selfish f***'s

sad really

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
problem with hib relic raids is the 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 quazillion animist pets :p

think you just proved a point :) nothing to do with the number of objects in the zone, just ppl spamming :D

Iodine

Fledgling Freddie
carrot said:

That is utter BS and won't solve the problem

carrot

Fledgling Freddie
whats bs

their is a problem with the mid fronteer zones albs have had 2 good attempts stoped dead because the zone crashed I know I was running to defend on both occations.

perhaps you think there is a problem with the hib zones OK if so say so but its the first Ive herd about it .

and i may point out that on several occations the albs hit the RK without warning and if thay did that to the Hib keep there wouldent be qazillions of mushrooms their.

Beeper

Fledgling Freddie
The point is that other servers have already been upgraded and Prydwen was next on the list (weeks ago) for hardware upgrade... and GOA have gone strangely silent over the issue.. where is our new server so we can play the game with more than 50 ppl in Mid zones?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
mids raided alb RK about 50++ times before we got 1 single relics, albs raided like 4times and gave up? :m00:

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
mids raided alb RK about 50++ times before we got 1 single relics, albs raided like 4times and gave up? :m00:
to be fair you attack us we defend it successfully. When we attack you the server crashes. No point going back 50times if its just going to be 50 zone crashes.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
to be fair you attack us we defend it successfully. When we attack you the server crashes. No point going back 50times if its just going to be 50 zone crashes.

server crashed 2 times out of you 4 tries? "ok", not worth going back imo! :worthy:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Remish, do you have to be a **** in every thread or just naturally a **** anyway?xD

I am joking about xD

:worthy:

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
IMO Albs should arange more relic attempts - if the zones keep crashing then let them crash, just regroup and try the following day.

The only way the problem will get resolved is if it becomes more of an issue to GOA Theyrecently mentioned being praised by Mythic, how would this have gone down if they reported at least one zone crash per day.

Actions speak loud, keep trying for the relics.

Jjuraa

Banned
remi said:
server crashed 2 times out of you 4 tries? "ok", not worth going back imo! :worthy:

try grasping the concept of well structured, calm discussion.

as far as i know, out of 4 relic raid attempts by albs 3 were to midgard, and the zone crashed meaning we couldnt get relics, the 4th was to hib. and hibs are just too good :p.

but talking about the STR relics here, its not a case of "oh, the server might crash" looking at the 3/3 record, id pretty much say "the server WILL crash" and id rather wait till the problem is fixed before spending a sleepless night relic raiding

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Keep crashing the server then maybe GOA might get the point. But... I think the albs on excal are having the same problem with str relics in mid.

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
try grasping the concept of well structured, calm discussion.

as far as i know, out of 4 relic raid attempts by albs 3 were to midgard, and the zone crashed meaning we couldnt get relics, the 4th was to hib. and hibs are just too good :p.

but talking about the STR relics here, its not a case of "oh, the server might crash" looking at the 3/3 record, id pretty much say "the server WILL crash" and id rather wait till the problem is fixed before spending a sleepless night relic raiding

I fully agree.
It's not much fun to enter a zone, fight some npc-guards, open 2 gates and then get dropped out of the game cause some mids entered that zone too. And if you log back, you get overkilled by all the guards and gates are repaired for free. That realy sucks and I can waste my time much better... And yes, I was on 2 tries that ended in zone-crash... :wij:

emma

Loyal Freddie
Have any relic raids been attempted since 1.68 was patched. Im sure some of the server stability problems were to do with 1.67. Midgard zones feel alot strong now than they did. Maybe its time to give it a whirl again.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
well, atleast toa area is still server side lag.
if mids several months moaning to upgrade servers dont help?
hope alb masses do it.

hmm and why give albs relics? those fotm infs are strong enough even whitout any relics :)

hmm maybe dont bring that usuall alb relicraid, 200+ peeps to our frontier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom