Relics.

O

osy

Disclaimer: I'm not looking to argue or flame. Just pointing out facts. Give you something to chew on.

"Bledmeer under attack" was broadcasted on /as. Over and over. I know that numbers were large (60+ enemies), but still, nothing was done.

Nottmoor under attacked by 22, then 50+. I stopped counting at 100+. People yelling on /as, yet nobody moving towards Jamtland.

Glenlock gets hit right after, mumbo jumbo continues on /as, cg for defence is formed, I tell people to gather at Fensalir. I go at Fensalir, and to my surprise, I'm alone.

Nottmoor and Glenlock go down, Blendrake gets hit. By this time, I'm telling people to move to Mjollnir asap. I go there, max 2fg mids, and they were random mids, not guild groups.

Getting confirmation of Mjollnir being attacked. Moment of confusion, I keep telling people to go Mjollnir asap.

Relics go neutral. At this point, I get out of Svasud, and I see a large number of mids sitting, buffing, yelling for lfg. Mkay.

People get told on /as to go amg Odins. I was the first to get there, didnt meet any mid groups in my way. Nazgul group(s) die soon after, somewhere in Odins.

From this point on, we all know what happened. Yes, I am upset. Yes, I know that log in raids happen pretty fast, but still. We had at least 25 minutes to react. And yes, I know you can't fight the infamous 300+ Alb zerg on 1 FPS. But still.

H

herjulf

Shure 1k things could have been done better, but with no time to fortificate Mjollner, 300+Albs (240 at relic keep)
The relic raid alarm bell went off and within 10minutes after the relic raid alarm bell went off the relics were neutral and on their way to odins.

In odins 5FG albs with trebs, and fortificated positions were waiting.

They way i see it nothing but pure and blatant luck could have helped us, perhaps by relic carriers loosing themselves.

One good thing comes out of this, we shall not fel bad by doing logout raids ourselves.
Infact lets do em.

Also Bledmeer was taken by hibs not Albs. The first eyeopener was Arvakr, 240 enemies and that was very likely the uberguard at relic keep.

Another good thing out of this is, we have nothing to loose, we can concentrate on pulling of a logout raid ourselves.

A

angrykid

I have a few notes on this aswell.

The first msg I ever got was, bled will fall. I was then with nazgul in beno, waiting for inc.

Then we all saw CALL TO ARMS, CALL TO ARMS on as.

And that's about it. No clear orders, no one telling where we were needed. Sure, everyone can think for themself, but hey... Someone still need to be fed with information and orders to react to. I am not saying that those self opponent leaders are doing a bad job, but I do think that orders should be given, instead of CALL TO ARMS on /as.

If that first message was something like: EVERYBODY TO MJOLLNIR, ASAP! then I do think we could have a chance.

And we need to read the signs for such things a bit better. We all heard about 170+ albs leaving our frontier just like that... no one ever cared about where they went.. sad, but true.

M

Mundokar

I was somewhat sceptical about Murphys the first time he took up realm defense in cg. But i have come to the conclusion he is a good forceleader. People are still waiting for Ardamel to take the lead when there's a raid, but he has other occupations as well ;)

Having seen yesterdays RR by the albs and what happened to the defence i pledge full Bokkerijders support to either Murphys or Ardamel if one of them is online.

Plaid is our RvR commander Murphys. Talk to him if you want discuss things.

R

-RG-Jaond

Didn't know about the raid untill got /sends from ppl asking what im doing in emain :)

Always got /as of when rvr to much spam ;)

W

Whoodoo_RD

I wasnt online when this happened, blame the GF for that one :)

Everytime theres an RR i have seen the same thing, lots of groups outside svas waiting for the perfect group to come along, ie skald and healers.

Even when they have these, they look for the other "essential" people, ie, a shammy, PBT runie and the GL's best m8 who is on a donkey from Hagall encumbered and a level 10 SB.

Level 50's stand around shouting LFG till they are blue in the face, groups do a /who 50 and see a Thane, zerker, warrior, or class without magic spells or speed and think feck em, useless, GIFPBT/END/MEND rather than just getting the troops out into battle.

This costs 10-15 minutes of p*ssing in the wind, end result is no one gets a full grp and the relics change hands.

Many a time as both a healer and a Thane i have ended up running solo across the frontier to do my bit, sometimes being picked up along the way, other times dying while trying to get where im needed.

When an RR happens, just get ya asses to where they are needed, forget ya FOTM group, it aint gonna happen, and if it does it will be too late.

Speed is the most important thing, and taking numbers to the end zones, so all skalds and runies with decent speed should start groups, they will always get takers. Randomly click and invite ppl outside Svasud, gather and FG and move out. Then when you get to your destination, decide on who to swap in your group for a more suitable or needed character. at least this way you might stand a fighting chance of stopping the enemy.

One more thing, all the idiots (from what I am hearing) who decided to engage the seige laid on by the albs. Why? The word n00b comes to mind. The relics are what you want to target, but it seem peeps just go RP mad (even tho they didnt get any) and head for the seige defences. Not a good idea.

Still, i wasnt there, so flame away, but what i say to me at least, makes sense.

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
I wasnt online when this happened, blame the GF for that one :)

Everytime theres an RR i have seen the same thing, lots of groups outside svas waiting for the perfect group to come along, ie skald and healers.

Even when they have these, they look for the other "essential" people, ie, a shammy, PBT runie and the GL's best m8 who is on a donkey from Hagall encumbered and a level 10 SB.

Level 50's stand around shouting LFG till they are blue in the face, groups do a /who 50 and see a Thane, zerker, warrior, or class without magic spells or speed and think feck em, useless, GIFPBT/END/MEND rather than just getting the troops out into battle.

This costs 10-15 minutes of p*ssing in the wind, end result is no one gets a full grp and the relics change hands.

Many a time as both a healer and a Thane i have ended up running solo across the frontier to do my bit, sometimes being picked up along the way, other times dying while trying to get where im needed.

When an RR happens, just get ya asses to where they are needed, forget ya FOTM group, it aint gonna happen, and if it does it will be too late.

Speed is the most important thing, and taking numbers to the end zones, so all skalds and runies with decent speed should start groups, they will always get takers. Randomly click and invite ppl outside Svasud, gather and FG and move out. Then when you get to your destination, decide on who to swap in your group for a more suitable or needed character. at least this way you might stand a fighting chance of stopping the enemy.

One more thing, all the idiots (from what I am hearing) who decided to engage the seige laid on by the albs. Why? The word n00b comes to mind. The relics are what you want to target, but it seem peeps just go RP mad (even tho they didnt get any) and head for the seige defences. Not a good idea.

Still, i wasnt there, so flame away, but what i say to me at least, makes sense.

Tbh the only time u could have stopped the raid was in a swift defence of the relic keep had u wandered upto amg in odins you wouldve found 130 albs waiting for the relic. As for intercepting the relics between the relic keep and amg 1st you have to find the relic carrying group then you have to kill em , which is easier said then done when theres 3-4fgs of rr7-rr10 guarding the relic

H

Hrogar

What Angrykid said. I was with Nazgul in Beno when the first shouts about a RR came on /as. In the FoM-alliance we lacked a single leader, and so the chat was instantly spammed with about 20 peeps yelling at everyone to go to AMG, Odin's, Mjollner, Fens and God knows where. Even when there were CG:s made we had two different ones, which lead to even more confusion. I joined Cattebrie's cg which seemed like the bigger one, but no one there took the lead until it was too late, and as everyone started moving in the same direction we had already lost the relics.
Now this was a very well manouvered raid, no doubt about it. I don't think we could've stopped this even with all forces at one place. Just a few minutes after the Call to arms was issued the relic was lost, and as mentioned above people were still gathering at Svasud by then.
Murphys did a great job at organizing the defence, but by the time everyone started listening to him it was too late. Maybe we need a couple of chosen leaders when things like this happens. We have a formidable force in Midgard, we got the numbers and we got the skills. All we need is a few strong souls to point us in the right direction.
Mind you this is not the end of the world. Losing those two relics means we have nothing to lose now. Sure, we'll do less damage but there are still loads of good players out there to compensate that. Let's start planning for the retaliation instead :viking:
All and all I wanna say a hearty GJ to Murphys for making the best of the defence and a /salute to all Albs for doing such a good raid. This will surely spice up RvR a bit.

Kind regards

Hrogar

M

murazor

I was offline when raid happened tho came on when relics were neutral.

I got to Svasud and couldnt get a group for 5 minutes as described above...

It seems our biggest weakness is leadership. It is having a chain of command so that there is usually someone who is known to be in charge who also has some pre arranged plans to put into operation with /cg restricted to leaders instructions and movement reports on at any one time. For this we need half a dozen, ranked, leaders. If Ardamel on then he leads, if no Ardamel then Murphys and so on...All should have some training in tactics and strategies available.

Only way to have stopped this raid was to have been quick to keep.

D

Driwen

there were reports about albs logging, so people could have had some alts logged inside the relic keep. That would have meant less time lost for gathering forces.
So we might want to take reports about albs logging at our relickeeps more serious next time;).

T

Twotosix

Logged in well after all this bs went off , Hibs will pay imo!

T

Tasans

Tbh i dont think it even matters. I doubt we had or have the numbers at a given time to defend against 400.

B

Blazor Meneth

Give WR leader back.. :(

What are you doing ladonna :(

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
As for intercepting the relics between the relic keep and amg 1st you have to find the relic carrying group then you have to kill em , which is easier said then done when theres 3-4fgs of rr7-rr10 guarding the relic

Like any given day in Emain in other words? (replace "relic" with "amg")

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by old.Lethul
Like any given day in Emain in other words? (replace "relic" with "amg")
most albs think amg is a relic:p

L

Lumikki

Haha :p

A honest alb, yay :) And grats on the raid Herbal!

xx

E

etcetra

Originally posted by Blazor Meneth
Give WR leader back.. :(

What are you doing ladonna :(

Currently working with an election, not sure Kir will come back thoug.
Even thoug i need that hero in my hippiegroup :p
And shes the only one taking me into fotm groups, mhmhmmhmh :x

S

sheepgobaa

Yes we do.

And its OUR relic :)

Will be interesting to watch Alb defences after this. Have we learned from past mistakes? Umm - unlikely....

F

fragoverrule

Originally posted by driwen
there were reports about albs logging, so people could have had some alts logged inside the relic keep. That would have meant less time lost for gathering forces.
So we might want to take reports about albs logging at our relickeeps more serious next time;).

at the time albs where bashing inner door my Sm, and another sm and a runie where the only peeps inside mjolnir...

agree to ur comment here

R

riv

the worse thing about this, is a lot of people actually knew the day before. it was announced on /as that albs were logging in the fontier in numbers, and to be prepared for a relic raid attempt.

noone took any notice- though, and i'm not trying to belittle the alb's achievements, i don't think even if we had responded or logged inside the relic keep, that we could have withstood such numbers.

with regards to the defense that was mustered, i'd basically be repeating a lot of what Whoodoo said: people need to stop worrying about perfect group setups and move! a ninja raid is all about speed, and if you don't respond with equal speed, you stand no chance.

the bickering in the cgs, the confusion as to which cg to join, the arsing about outside svasud, the general disarray let the albs walk away unchallanged; i think the disorganisation we showed was embarrassing, and the albs deserve their new relics.

well played
/salute

-riv

ps: we are getting them back :>

J

Jarrax

Originally posted by riv
the worse thing about this, is a lot of people actually knew the day before. it was announced on /as that albs were logging in the fontier in numbers, and to be prepared for a relic raid attempt.

Theres a combination of factors you have to consider though, before blaming lack of speedy response.

Even though albs had been reported dissappearing in frontier, this isnt unusal, most often get killed by different alliance/keep/suicide whatever reason.

Its alot to expect people to log their characters in mjollnir and leave them there indefinetly until the albs show up, with no reason to assume you'll even be online for when they do show.

The initiative is completly with the other realm, log-on at set time..buff...and away you go. Instant zerg at their choice of time and place.

This last alb RR however does show that someone who's switched on, should get a grip of the mids and organise them, with GL's backup making sure these decisions are followed.

We might even get something positive out of this from a united realm point of view.....

W

Whoodoo_RD

Lets face it, the perfect group to have dealt with this is too busy PLing in lair.

A group of SMs and healers could have got to Mjoll, taken out the stealthers and had done with it. But would they consider suiciding and porting to svas? ETA 3-4 minutes at the relic keep? Not a chance.

S

soullessminion

my shamy Bulll was solo deffending nottmore :) or she was till a few hundred albs found her in lord room :p

N

Nazghul-

Midgard has a severe lack of good keep defense/offense classes... More sm's and rm's!! I have a wee 32 sm but grps are still n00bs in that level range so most don't invite a caster...

A

AbPoon

Hmmm i see you managed to find someone to put the time into getting everyone organised.

Oh you didnt :eek:

All it takes is a couple of people to take the bull by the horns, if people lead then others will follow.

R

-RG-Jaond

Originally posted by AbPoon
Hmmm i see you managed to find someone to put the time into getting everyone organised.

Oh you didnt :eek:

All it takes is a couple of people to take the bull by the horns, if people lead then others will follow.

Yeah to bad we didnt have Ardamel or Killgorde :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom