Relic Raid - Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darzil

Anyone who wanted easy realm points yesterday should have been in the Pennines and Hadrians Wall. To those who went to Emain, tough, you missed the action.

Quadrupled my meagre realm points, whilst just trying to hold and retake keeps. Constant RvR action for 11 hours.

Of course, Emain may have been as lively . . . .

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
Oh my, you were talking about SotL? How unusual!

Oh my, you missed the point? How unusual!

O

old.diabolus

Originally posted by Turamber
There were members of SOTL defending the relics - I guess you chaps can thank them and all the other Alb's who were defending for your still being able to farm effectively with the melee bonuses.

Usually our casters farm rp not us tanks <confused>

L

Lochlyessa

Oh my, you missed the point? How unusual!

Your point? You had a point? I see.. I just saw meaningless whine about people playing like they wanted to, not like you wanted to. As has been said before, if you want people to do exactly what you tell them to, pay their subs etc. Until you do that, it's still their money their paying to play with, and that entitles them to play how they like, no matter how much you think they shouldn't.

T

Turamber

Your point? You had a point? I see.. I just saw meaningless whine about people playing like they wanted to, not like you wanted to. As has been said before, if you want people to do exactly what you tell them to, pay their subs etc. Until you do that, it's still their money their paying to play with, and that entitles them to play how they like, no matter how much you think they shouldn't.

You really should spend more time in school and less time playing games. The thread isn't a 'name and shame' - it's asking people from all realms to say if they think its decent behaviour for realm mates to go play their private RvR whilst everyone else is putting all hands to the tiller to defend the relics at home.

Of course you can play your own game, but the consequences of people playing their own game is that people will draw conclusions about you. And not flattering ones at that :p

EDITED: Wouldn't be right to be that unpleasant to a minor ;)

L

Lochlyessa

Most probably, yes. Unlike some people, I'm not actually embarassed about being wrong on the internet. And more time in school? Really, I didn't think you were quite that immature, stooping to insults when someone argues a point with you.

Another point.. what exact relic raid? afaik, hibs never got closer to excal then Berks..and as I've said earlier.. rr, no, rp farming session? most probably. But then, this isn't about any spurious relic raid, this is more about you and your seeming obsession with trying to bring SotL into disrepute. I don't actually know why you've got this massive chip on your shoulder over us, but I do know that it makes any of your arguments about 'not RvRing for the good of the realm' utterly laughable. If you'd actually been objective, you'd have seen us around in penninnes/HW, helping to retake keeps, and killing inc hibs. Then _later on_ we moved to emain to take DC. But, this will go straight over your head, in a rush of 'omg rp pharmers must flame!' angst.

Ps: How's the weightlifting? :)

T

Turamber

"Angst"? Nice word, where did you borrow it from?

I had zero intention of mentioning the full group or 2 of SOTL who spent the entire day in Emain - yes I did have them in mind but the original purpose of the thread, as I have said 3 times now, was to find out if that kind of thing happens in other realms.

But instead 2 pages were filled with mindless spam from your friends.

Sad thing is I used to have a lot of respect for SOTL but since Revz left you've been, for the most part, a very poor guild. Only my opinion of course - and as a lowbie RR4 with gimped realm abilities I'm sure that doesn't mean anything to you.

PS. Did you get your character restored in full then? Get the password on the account changed tho eh?!

L

Lochlyessa

I learnt it in school actually. Did you look up the meaning in the dictionary? I hope so, wouldn't want to type anything that you couldn't understand.

And heh, you may not have intended to mention guild, but, let's not fool ourselves, we all knew who you were refering to. Guilty conscience? I can hear think.. Not really, Just knowledge of you and your opinions. And heh, you're actually right, I don't really care what you think about my guild, I personally love it, hence why I've asked to rejoin so many times. And I don't not care because you're a 'rr4 lowbie', I just don't care because it's your opinion :)

And yes, my characters got restored and full, and all the passwords changed. I'm touched that you care so much, as to ask :)

Oh, one last point. You complained about spam, on barrysworld? lol :)

T

Traia

But instead 2 pages were filled with mindless spam from your friends.

Turamber what's got into you, I used to have respect for you, now I see you seemingly flameing for no good reason on barrysworld.

And as for our spam being mindless, it was all in good humour at the time, we got carried away, didn't realise it would insult you so much, lighten up a bit? This is after all a game we each play in our own seperate ways.

Anyway, give us a break.

Edit: typos.

L

Lochlyessa

Hm, can you get kit kat pie? Would be interesting...

Btw, you're still not a salmon.

Y

Yussef

[[02:38] <04Loch> yus
[02:38] <04pudz> so i cankick ban your ass
[02:38] <04Yussef> say yes not yus please
[02:38] <04Yussef> :p
[02:38] <04pudz> aye Loch
[02:38] <04pudz> ya skank
[02:38] <04Cene> mysteh play daoc any more ? not seen him for ages ;(
[02:39] * Cene hey pudz Yo momma so fat she got hit by a parked car!
[02:39] <04razta> kick me then!
[02:39] <04pudz> yea
[02:39] <04Loch> never josef :l

I make one simple request, what do I get? A right out denial. Well Loch I have a message for you.

YOU ELITIST PIECE OF SOTL SCUM, DEFEND THE FRONTIER MORE FFS, PLUS YOU MUST SHARE LOOT FROM ANY RAID YOU GO TO, TO PEOPLE WHO WERE NOT THERE.

L

Lochlyessa

Originally posted by Yussef
[[02:38] <04Loch> yus
[02:38] <04pudz> so i cankick ban your ass
[02:38] <04Yussef> say yes not yus please
[02:38] <04Yussef> :p
[02:38] <04pudz> aye Loch
[02:38] <04pudz> ya skank
[02:38] <04Cene> mysteh play daoc any more ? not seen him for ages ;(
[02:39] * Cene hey pudz Yo momma so fat she got hit by a parked car!
[02:39] <04razta> kick me then!
[02:39] <04pudz> yea
[02:39] <04Loch> never josef :l

I make one simple request, what do I get? A right out denial. Well Loch I have a message for you.

YOU ELITIST PIECE OF SOTL SCUM, DEFEND THE FRONTIER MORE FFS, PLUS YOU MUST SHARE LOOT FROM ANY RAID YOU GO TO, TO PEOPLE WHO WERE NOT THERE.

One thing..

Your irc client is fucked :p whats with the 04? :eek:

D

Danya

[02:46] <Loch> dany
[02:46] <Loch> i don't want you to stick up for sotl :l
[02:46] <Loch> just flame us

STOL SCUK AND EPSECAILLY LOCH!!111

Happy? :p

L

Lochlyessa

Damn you :p

Now everyone will know that SotL have to actually ask people to flame them nowadays :( Apart from Turamber, but he's 'special'.

Apart from that, yus, very happy :p

P

Pixie.Pebr

One thing..

Colour- or stylecodes. M'sieu Yussef is running a script.

I think.

Y

Yussef

No and no :)

I get those blocks in IRC before sending, but otherwise is fine.

J

Jonaldo

One thing..

his pc is going to blow up soon..

O

old.diabolus

tura, wasnt it you who /gc quit "the 30" because ppl didnt want to suicide to help defend 1 keep in pennines the same day you joined?

:wall: :wall:

T

Turamber

Originally posted by old.diabolus
tura, wasnt it you who /gc quit "the 30" because ppl didnt want to suicide to help defend 1 keep in pennines the same day you joined?

I was on a temporary membership to see if I would suit the guild, and vica-versa. At the time keep after keep was falling to an enemy attack - and despite my repeated requests for info on what we were going to do .... no one replied, 'cept to say that a guild hunt was going on.

Had a few messages from people I know in the guild who said it was the kind of thing I'd have to 'get used to' as the guild was more interested in RP's than defending the frontier.

Was enough for me to see that I'd made a mistake to join, so I quit.

As for this thread -- I had genuinely hoped to get the views of all realms on people who prefer to farm than defend the realm. Sadly thats not going to happen because of all the spam.

So, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread