Relic Raid - Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Turamber

Ladies and gentlemen, humans and (with all due respect :p ) sub-humans ... is it the decent thing to RvR in another realm whilst your own realm is being relic raided?

Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Personally I think it sucks, but don't let that deter you from seeking the truth o' enlightened ones...

P

Pixie.Pebr

If you don't care about the relics and just want to run about in Emain/Odins/whatever, then sure.

I still think it sucks, but it is their choice to make.

U

ulrikakaka

totally OT but Pixie your sig is one of the most fucking stupid things I've ever seen

M

mirieth

It is up to the individual. They pay the same monthly subscription everyone else does, so they should play the game how they like.

The game, of course, is a designed around the "team-thing". So if a person doesn't help defend then it's only them that will suffer in the long-term in terms of their reputation and their Guild's reputation, if nothing else. (Not to mention the Relic's bonuses :))

J

j000 d000d

There are a few things i can think of :p

1) Well, it's kinda silly to not defend relics

2) If you want to farm RPs, then your relics will help you

so actually, you're just very very idiot if you don't defend relics, because it's easier to farm RPs WITH the relics :p because:

1) You will do more damage

2) The enemies will come to you, you don't have to go to them :p

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by ulrikakaka
totally OT but Pixie your sig is one of the most fucking stupid things I've ever seen

you´re american? or german?

;) chill mate it´s called humour, it´s not like anyone is really comparing bush to hitler (no really they aren´t) I mean, how the hell should the USA get away with invading poland? ;p

R

Roo Stercogburn

For some people relic raid means 1 second per frame and they have zero chance of enjoying the experience.

Not everyone has the same priorities as the large scale team players.

Sometimes people merely aren't told about it ;)

And sometimes people like to passively screw up what others try to do constructively.

It's part of life's rich tapestry.

Chill, take heart from the number of people that DO want to make things work together despite what others get up to and despite the hassle of making their 386 SX40 join the crowd to try help their realm buddies. These people deserve your attention. Don't get strung out about the rest :)

You'll encounter this type of behaviour a lot in life. DAoC just gives you a small sampling of it.

L

Lochlyessa

Tbh, I completely agree with Turamber. RvRing whilst a relic raid is taking place is just like lame, you should be at your rk helping defend your relics.

G

GReaper

Originally posted by Turamber
Ladies and gentlemen, humans and (with all due respect :p ) sub-humans ... is it the decent thing to RvR in another realm whilst your own realm is being relic raided?

Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Personally I think it sucks, but don't let that deter you from seeking the truth o' enlightened ones...

I totally agree, it sucks!

We should name and shame these people who do absolutely nothing for the realm. It is disgusting that they farm RPs while the rest of their realm defend the relics and keeps in our frontier!

T

Traia

Re: Re: Relic Raid - Etiquette

Originally posted by -GReaper-
I totally agree, it sucks!

We should name and shame these people who do absolutely nothing for the realm. It is disgusting that they farm RPs while the rest of their realm defend the relics and keeps in our frontier!

mmm:

Ouroboros Jedi <Servants of the Lake> level 50 Friar in Emain Macha smelling faintly of pish.

L

Lochlyessa

Nerf your client, getting 2nd names and descriptions from /who :p

T

Traia

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
Nerf your client, getting 2nd names and descriptions from /who :p

yeah its great, heres another one:

Lochlyessa KthxBye <Servants of the Lake> the level 50 cleric in Breifine wearing nothing but a pink pushup bra.

O

old.diabolus

tura if u give me a nice 10mbit connection i will come to defend relics, more than 3-4 groups on my monitor is a no-no sorry cant play with -9999 fps and teh lag.

had some nice rvr today running arround in zergfree emain if u understand what i mean.

besides 100+ albs in our frontier are more than enough to lag off err i mean defend against those evil invaders

L

Lochlyessa

That's not the spirit sorry Diab! report to Traia tomorrow for lessons in discipline!

T

Traia

hmmm

Walkie <Servants of the Lake> the level 50 Sorceress in Emain Macha using lag hacks.

O

old.diabolus

but... but... traia is evul :/ she will make me do bad things :/

L

Lochlyessa

That's not the point! Anyway, she asked me to remind you to bring the handcuffs, whipped cream, and pogo stick, mkay?

T

Traia

Originally posted by Lochlyessa
That's not the point! Anyway, she asked me to remind you to bring the handcuffs, whipped cream, and pogo stick, mkay?

-handcuffs, i already have them, and see if u can bring some AA batteries too please, i got the wrong size :( AAA dont fit!

PS POST FARM

L

Lochlyessa

Heh, derric brought you AAA? Not suprising really, he always was a bit on the small size..

T

Traia

Derric Pathfinder <Relax> the level 50 Sex God in Emain Macha blowing away the competition.

O

old.diabolus

traia the proffesional
razors.sml.gif
or the amateur one
airpogo.jpg

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Traia
Derric Pathfinder <Relax> the level 50 Sex God in Emain Macha blowing away the competition.

Forgot to mention his dancing skills ;o

L

Lochlyessa

Originally posted by Traia

Heh, when the only competition is Sf.. s'not hard :p And he is small.. I guess some people are just easy to please :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread