Regarding #Freddyshouse on Quakenet

Status
Not open for further replies.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I apologise for posting this in the wrong part of the forums, but it was obviously the right choise for this issue, as it concerns the #freddyshouse IRC chan. I have no idea if the people in there are official members of the freddyshouse staff, because they really don't act like it.

Anyways, a friend of mine went into the channel and managed to say something nasty which I should say here for obvious reasons, someone might get offended and ban me here to as the mods seem a bit triggerhappy.

Anyways someone obviously didn't enjoy hearing that line so he got kicked. I was told to join the channel and paste his comment on the kick.

And the first reply I get is a threat to ban me if I got involved which I am all ready (obviously). I proceeded to discuss the absurdity of kicking someone for pasting a line like that. This without prior knowledge about my friend's activities in the channel.

I guess I expected an operator for a public forum and an operator on quakenet I might add to act more like grownup.

Is this a way to treat your users?

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Yes they are the freddyshouse staff, and they were right to do what they did.

Oh and whinging about it here wont help.

Oh and did you not read the Message of the day when you joined IRC?

IRC IS A FREE MEDIUM!

So basically you join at your own risk and if you act like a cock you will get kicked banned gline killed or whatever else is appropriate.

This has been a public service annoucment from BASTARD Corp, bringing peons in line all over the world.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Person A says something that gets them banned, thus showing that the channel doesn't want to hear from them any more.

Person B then relays something Person A said about the ban from the channel, in the channel, thus circumventing the ban on Person A in that channel.

The channel threatens to also ban Person B.

Person B wonders why this happened? Try getting a clue.

-Ath, always peeved when someone he's ignoring gets a 3rd party to relay.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Person B said the thing he was supposed to. Then he proceeded to confront the ones responsible and it resulted in a ban instead of an answer.

Yes, IRC is a free medium but none will respect you if you act like an ass. So fredoom of speech or freedom of asslicking without saying your own opinion? =)

Athan

Resident Freddy
Sorry, I must be reading what you said incorrectly, you're making it sound like you have some kind of rights on IRC.

-Ath

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Yes, IRC is a free medium but none will respect you if you act like an ass. So fredoom of speech or freedom of asslicking without saying your own opinion? =)
there really is no freedom of speech in irc, neither is there when you are talking to a group of people IRL. If they dont like what you are saying they will either walk away or make sure you walk away.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
You have the rights you take really. But I didn't speak about rights on IRC. Just thought it would look kinda bad if they mute people having a different opinion. Afterall the channel is the offical forum channel innit?

Or they will respect my opinion and I will respect theirs and we can accept eachother as we are.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
The issue to what you were commenting on is none of your buissness and what you were doing is called "Trolling" and that always results in a ban, and will on the forum too.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
A friend asked for a favour, it's not like I say no. I myself thought it was really unmature way to handle things.

No I think there is a difference between discussing or questioning and trolling.

If my actions were looked upon as trolling, we got an issue, because that was not the case nor my intention.

The-Don

Loyal Freddie
Atos - Is there a point to this thread?

Seriously tho, Cyfr was being a knob as usual, I mean we just don't want to know about him mastubating over dead things.. (the anatomy program on ch4)

[13:42:39] < Cyfr> I wanked over them cutting the penis in half yesterday

For you, Atos to come in and start passing messages on from him, telling us how to run the channel and start generally trolling is not exactly going to be met with hugs and kisses from channel regulars is it?

I suggest you engage brain and realise that the average mental age of that channel is considerably higher than Cyfr's and his childish antics are just out of place.

Athan

Resident Freddy
atos said:
A friend asked for a favour, it's not like I say no. I myself thought it was really unmature way to handle things.

No I think there is a difference between discussing or questioning and trolling.

If my actions were looked upon as trolling, we got an issue, because that was not the case nor my intention.

"My friend went into a pub, said something the locals didn't like and got chucked out by the landlord. He told me to go say something to them and I did, now they seem upset with me, what gives?".

-Ath

Cyfr

Banned
The-Don said:
Atos - Is there a point to this thread?

Seriously tho, Cyfr was being a knob as usual, I mean we just don't want to know about him mastubating over dead things.. (the anatomy program on ch4)

[13:42:39] < Cyfr> I wanked over them cutting the penis in half yesterday

Tis called a joke, should I change my nick to something else so you can laugh at it?

atos

Fledgling Freddie
That might be the truth. I didn't tell anyone how to run the channel. All I did was stating my opinion. But atm I don't think you people behaved better than Cyfr would have. But I guess you judged me because I did what I did and thats regretable. If stating your opinion is trolling, then I guess I did troll.

Ath You would do the same for a friend so don't give me that crap.

Will

/bin/su
Since #freddyshouse and Freddyshouse are pretty much entirely seperate entities nowadays, this thread isn't really going to go anywhere.

I'm not going to close it though, because this is pretty entertaining. :)

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
The-Don said:
I suggest you engage brain and realise that the average mental age of that channel is considerably higher than Cyfr's and his childish antics are just out of place.

nuff said Cyfr...

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Will, No I didn't think it was the right place either. But as there are FH officals in there their behaviour there reflects back at the webpage.

Anyways I felt it had to be done. But I guess it's like a dictatorship, normal users got nothing to say. Heh, glad you found it entertaining, thats what it's all about.

Athan

Resident Freddy
atos said:
Ath You would do the same for a friend so don't give me that crap.

Oh dear, now he's trying to tell me what I would do. I could almost take that as libel :p.

I most definitely would NOT do such a thing. As I stated it pisses me off no end when people do this TO me. I'm not that much of a hypcrite.

-Ath
Edit: P.S. I also feel personally insulted that atos thinks I would think and act the same way his own twerpness did. Does that make it a personal attack :p ?

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Talk to you thrugh other people you mean?

Will

/bin/su
Ath : as a rule of thumb, if I don't delete it, I don't think its a personal attack. And I'm too amused to do anything about it. :p

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
atos said:
Person B said the thing he was supposed to. Then he proceeded to confront the ones responsible and it resulted in a ban instead of an answer.

I "say" my own opinion all the time in #freddyshouse. I'm still in there. You just have to know where the line is drawn. Unfortunately Cyfr's braincell is currently engaged in making him act like a fucknugget, so he's got none left to think about taste, humour, intelligence, etc etc. The channel is much better without him.

But to be honest if you think masterbating over dead people is "your own opinion" you've gotta be nearly as dumb as he is.

ITS NOT YOUR OWN OPINION, IT'S YOUR OWN BLOODY PERVERSION!!

Opinions = good
Perverts = bad

Here endeth the lesson. Any questions?

leggy

Probably Scottish
atos, while I sympathise to a degree, your attempts at rationalising with IRC users will be futile. It's your standard, run of the mill clique with more retarded geeks who have delusions of grandeur . No one will accept you. Start your own channel on chatnet and all will be fine :)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
FFS cyfr :wanker: had to be involved in this somewhere didnt he

imo opinion he should be perma banned from IRC and the forums

the kid just aint gonna learn

Cyfr

Banned
That was a well constructed post, call someone a wanker, tell them they should be banned and end the post, wow.. Gosh.. I Just wish I could grow up so i can be just like you.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
leggy said:
atos, while I sympathise to a degree, your attempts at rationalising with IRC users will be futile. It's your standard, run of the mill clique with more retarded geeks who have delusions of grandeur . No one will accept you. Start your own channel on chatnet and all will be fine :)

*dances round leggy like a retarded geek with delusions of grandeur*

Atos you obviously know nothing of the history of Cyfr in that channel. Not only is he incapable of knowing where the line is he also likes to aggrovate the community.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
I "say" my own opinion all the time in #freddyshouse. I'm still in there. You just have to know where the line is drawn. Unfortunately Cyfr's braincell is currently engaged in making him act like a fucknugget, so he's got none left to think about taste, humour, intelligence, etc etc. The channel is much better without him.

But to be honest if you think masterbating over dead people is "your own opinion" you've gotta be nearly as dumb as he is.

ITS NOT YOUR OWN OPINION, IT'S YOUR OWN BLOODY PERVERSION!!

Opinions = good
Perverts = bad

Here endeth the lesson. Any questions?

As I said, I didn't really know what the problem was nor the actual reason he got kicked. And I'm also 100% sure I would have got away with my criticism if I would have been a regular. Thats how the bands work on IRC.

I admit Im a pervert, but not when it comes to dead people, that is slightly tasteless but I can still accept people who are into it. Hrr hrr.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Yoni said:
*dances round leggy like a retarded geek with delusions of grandeur*

Ok I will rephrase:

"a high proportion..."

I have never had anything but a bad experience with irc. Make sure you follow the clique and all will be well.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Actually can I just retract both my posts. They really dont contribute anything and I wish I hadn't said them now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom