input lag when typing on S4

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Hi all,

When browsing the forum I usually use my S4. Writing posts is painfully slow. Seems to be really laggy or something and has been like this for a while. The resultis loafsof typos when using Swype and the cursor jumping around and stuff. Sorry, finding it hard to explain in detail so maybe someone else has the same issue and can explain better?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Had the same when we upgrade the forum recently. I use an s3 with Swype and chrome as the browser. Just change the text editor for the forum quick reply to basic, can do it from your profile settings.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Had the same when we upgrade the forum recently. I use an s3 with Swype and chrome as the browser. Just change the text editor for the forum quick reply to basic, can do it from your profile settings.
Have you not found Swype is now a laggy pile of arse lately? I've had to revert back to Swiftkey.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Uninstall it and reinstall. Also Google keyboard is a good alternative.
I gave Google keyboard a crack but I was sick of the special characters changing position, hah. I'll give the Swype thing a crack, see if it improves.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can you guys test replying using your mobile devices, have pushed out a hotfix which should reduce the lag....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No problems from my Note 3 but I didn't before either on my Galaxy S2. Rightly or wrongly, I put the laggy stuff down to the draft-saving feature (is there any way to disable that from my end?).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Testing testing... seems better yes, even with the simple editor. Improvement.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I do find, however, that when I click reply to a post I start writing my reply and the cursor suddenly jumps to the top so I end up writing in the quoted post.

This only happens on my phone and only on the first time I quote a post.

Very peculiar!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I do find, however, that when I click reply to a post I start writing my reply and the cursor suddenly jumps to the top so I end up writing in the quoted post.

This only happens on my phone and only on the first time I quote a post.

Very peculiar!
This happens to me as well, but didn't this time!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh I've had that too! Not always right to the top, sometimes it randomly puts the cursor in the text somewhere. Only on mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom