Reduced to a four letter word...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
terrible :(

however, having said that, there are areas here in Holland where I, as an "undetectable" foreigner (eg I am Caucasian in a Caucasian country) would rather not live, and the Dutch who live there would rather not have me. In fact, they'd rather not have anyone outside their immediate circle of -sorry- lower class scumbags there.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Terrible, i dunno what is going wrong with this country, some fuckers attempted to take my bike off me the other night, but the wheels are fucked (was taking it home to get fixed up) and in the end they just decided to kick the back wheel.....

IN THE MIDDLE OF EDINBURGH! They did not seem bothered about a large police presence....

They where also in there 40s by the looks of em

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Same old same old.

I said it in the other thread, that is a common event in other countries of Europe, and the goverments are failing to grasp the magnitude of the issue, and what is to come:

France 2005/6 riots. :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Terrible, i dunno what is going wrong with this country, some fuckers attempted to take my bike off me the other night, but the wheels are fucked (was taking it home to get fixed up) and in the end they just decided to kick the back wheel.....

IN THE MIDDLE OF EDINBURGH! They did not seem bothered about a large police presence....

They where also in there 40s by the looks of em

Fear of punishing someone rather than fear of punishment is what is happening. The hand wringers will disagree I am sure.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Same old same old.

I said it in the other thread, that is a common event in other countries of The World,

Fixed that.

Anyone shocked by the amount of racism in the world has been living a dream really.

People have gotten to the point in evolution where humans can choose what lives and what dies, and humans like to kill first, examine later.

tierk

Part of the furniture
I have to say that i dont find any of this surprising, as i have seen and heard from other people that have suffered this kind of crap.

For the people who on other threads were trying to justify calling people Paki's and saying that it is not meant in a racist manner, watch and understand why it is that every person of Asian descent finds it totally unacceptable.

I know that this is not standard behaviour all across the UK but there is a major problem with racism and i think the people on the other thread about the EDL crying about immigrants coming and taking over areas, can be seen in another light. I sure as hell wouldnt want to live in this kind of area and if i had a choice i would go somewhere the "white" folks would be in the minority so i wouldnt have to put up with this kind of crap.

It also puts a massive hole in the argument put forward by some morons on this forum that immigrants dont want to intergrate into the English way of life. Is it any wonder that people that come to live in UK and end up in places such as the one in this episode, wouldnt want to intergrate?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
it certainly paints a bad picture, but only of certain KINDS of areas of britain.
you cant take this program as a representation of the whole country. the types of people shown are obviously very under educated and therfore persuaded easily by certain bodies or groups of people.
the kids though are much more scarier than the adults. if they start out like that at 8 years old or what ever, add 10 years on to that and youve got a very fucked up person.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Well I watched this, shocking really, especially the 11 year old kid who was the biggest toerag I've seen on tv in a long time..

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
it certainly paints a bad picture, but only of certain KINDS of areas of britain.
you cant take this program as a representation of the whole country. the types of people shown are obviously very under educated and therfore persuaded easily by certain bodies or groups of people.
the kids though are much more scarier than the adults. if they start out like that at 8 years old or what ever, add 10 years on to that and youve got a very fucked up person.

I'd go so far as to say its representative of every over populated area in the UK, i.e Estates, full of lower working class, the unemployed and those on benefits. The fact that these groups give support to the more extreme viewpoints is no surprise. i agree that they are under educated.

Lets face it this country is fucked, we are going backwards not forwards, we should not have so many racial lines being drawn. It is them and us in the UK at the moment, and if you have brown skin you are fucked because of all the anti-islam sentiment at the moment.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
im sure racism is nowher near as bad as it was in day of yore, generally races are more accepting of each other now

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
But I was not looking for special treatment in Southmead, I was looking to be treated like everyone else - not to be reduced to a four letter word that starts with 'P'.

i cant belive they called her a pony. disgusting

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Racism is coming outta the walls. It's coming outta the goddamn walls. Let's book!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I hate it, it makes me ashamed to be white it makes me ashamed to even be the same species as people who are like that.

You can try and justify calling people names like paki and sometimes people honestly do not see that it is hurtful they truely do not mean harm by it but after years of having people yell "oi ginger" etc etc snickering and placing spiteful implications with the word I can honestly say that words do hurt. Words are powerful too, many of the most dangerous people in this world used words to promote their beliefs and the mindless thugs who just use violence get no where near as far as those who are articulate.

The whole racist/prejudiced 'thing' makes me so angry because it makes good people who have no harmful intent in them feel scrutinised and guilty and frightened to speak and act naturally. A bit like innocent men who feel scared to interact with children incase someone cries molestation, it is separating society people are scared to say anything incase it is taken the wrong way, people who have done nothing wrong are scared to live just because of their religion or colour of skin.

I hate it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd go so far as to say its representative of every over populated area in the UK, i.e Estates, full of lower working class, the unemployed and those on benefits. The fact that these groups give support to the more extreme viewpoints is no surprise. i agree that they are under educated.

Just making sure that you're not actually saying that poor peopel are more racist?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I think he is,
and I might even tend to agree with him,
Depending on the angle of argument.

if the argument is poor = racist then it's bollox
if the argument is Poor = a tendancy towards a lower level of education, and thus often also a tendancy towards a lesser level of informed knowlage, and a desire to place blame elsware for the troubles or hardships that many poor people are faced with? then yes,

your likely to find a higher level of representaive within that social group, compared to say f.exp mid level income.
now, funny thing is, that once you reach the top level there's also often a tendancy towards a higher representative within those social group.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think he is,
and I might even tend to agree with him,
Depending on the angle of argument.

if the argument is poor = racist then it's bollox
if the argument is Poor = a tendancy towards a lower level of education, and thus often also a tendancy towards a lesser level of informed knowlage, and a desire to place blame elsware for the troubles or hardships that many poor people are faced with? then yes,

your likely to find a higher level of representaive within that social group, compared to say f.exp mid level income.
now, funny thing is, that once you reach the top level there's also often a tendancy towards a higher representative within those social group.

Blame? That might be, but general racism i think has nothing to do with social status, and all to do with experience with other races(which is completely random).

Just sounded like Ch3t was saying that it's the poor(Estates etc) that are the racism problem.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
and all to do with experience with other races(which is completely random).

well,
I'm not going to put words into ch3tans mouth so wont touch that,

As for your statement I'd say yes and no,
It's I'd say also very much a question of the lack there of, afterall Ignorence is bliss ect ;)

on the opposite it can also be a result of negative conditioning, if the only contact you have with people of a different ethnicity is from a result of living in poor & socially challanged areas in western countries, and your main suplier of information is the Sun ?.........well....you get the general drift ? "I hope"

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Guess the way I'd put it is,
Low income, Low educational level, Lower Socail regions

= Hightened risk of extream'ed & distorted views/outlooks on life, situations, ect ect and so on,

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If people just would accept we are all the same race, just different color

Olgaline

FH is my second home
why the racist is an idiot ?
becasue his beliefs would technically force him to turn down.

Th clasic "Redneck" "white guy"
barbaramori1.jpg

The reverse
megan-fox.jpg

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No Toht, this country is fucked. Racial lines are being drawn all over. Just look at the thread in general about Big G being stopped under terrorism laws. That has turned into cal and thad talking about people not speaking english, communities of other races popping up all over and how "white" british people feel the need to vote BNP or emigrate.

You don't have to call it racism if you don't want to, but it's anger at other races for a perceived loss of UK culture, jobs etc. The real blame is at the feet of all those apathetic idiots who don't use their vote then moan, and those that do not want to address the root problems in this country.

It may not be racism with this generation, but the next generation will grow up with that unease of other cultures and races, and it will be more than it is now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Actually Fafnir, medically and physically the races are different in quite a few areas not to mention culturally. This is ofc no reason to hate someone or treat them any differently just based on skin colour, it makes little difference who a person is really.

The racism card is used far too often, usually by people addicted to the moral high ground, they do far more damage to race relations that some idiot shouting bollocks at people. That's not to say it does not exist as it clearly does but its all getting a bit "the boy who cried wolf" tbh

Olgaline

FH is my second home
racism isnt a reason, it's an excuse,
if you realize this, it's far easier to apraoch.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The racism card is used far too often, usually by people addicted to the moral high ground, they do far more damage to race relations that some idiot shouting bollocks at people. That's not to say it does not exist as it clearly does but its all getting a bit "the boy who cried wolf" tbh

It's also getting tired when every attempt to discuss the issue is met with the same old "OMG you are suggesting my views are racist". Crying wolf works both ways. If those of you on this forum who keep reinforcing the view really think that immigration is the biggest problem in this country right now, then this country is really fucked.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i dont think this country is anymore fucked than its ever been. Its only in this day and age we have more media rammed down our throats scaring everyon

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
i dont think this country is anymore fucked than its ever been. Its only in this day and age we have more media rammed down our throats scaring everyon

You don't think that our economy is in the worst state since the early 80's? You don't think that the benefits culture is out of control? You don't think that we have more and more children that have bad parenting, and are out of control? You don't think that we are loosing more and more civil liberties everyday, while at the same time paying more and more due to being under constant surveillance? Lot's more, but that is not press fuelled, I avoid papers, that is the view I have from living and working in London.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I live in London and had very little real effect from the recession. Theres always talk about how stabbing are at an all time high, but you go back to the 70's and gangs were alot more dominant and rife than they are now. We are a nation of cotton wool children now, people have made themself scared to even ride a bike without fear of getting cancer.

Everything you mention to me honestly screams of frontpage of newspapers

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I live in London and had very little real effect from the recession. Theres always talk about how stabbing are at an all time high, but you go back to the 70's and gangs were alot more dominant and rife than they are now. We are a nation of cotton wool children now, people have made themself scared to even ride a bike without fear of getting cancer.

Everything you mention to me honestly screams of frontpage of newspapers

I didn't mention stabbings. Kids around here are out of control, there are lots of gangs, I see lots of dealing going on involving youths. I'm honestly more scared of a group of teenagers than a gang of pissed up adults. The teenagers know that sod all will happen to them.

edit:// I'll bite on the subject of stabbing though. When I was at secondary school in the earl 90's, we had gangs, people had fights, sometimes weapons were used. But it was not the norm, and people knew when to stop. Over the years this changed, and I'd say over the last 10 years that holding a weapon with the intention to use it to do harm has risen, this in turn leads to others keeping weapons to defend themselves with.

I agree it's not just that kids are far far worse though, it's that the police has lost all respect and are under resourced and over-stretched which has led to streets feeling unsafer than they did just 15 to 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom