Red Ring of Death

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Bollocks.

Just got it today after Assassins Creed seized up (cracking game btw). Made the rather foolish mistake of throwing away my receipt as I thought I was going to be selling it back home.

Played around with it a bit, removing the HDD and switching it on. Taking the cables out and switching it on, but alas no luck. Thankfully RROD is covered by a 3 year warranty on the Xbox repair site!

Now just got to wait through all the bollocks of shipping it to Germany and back, and hoping it wont magically work when they switch it on and decide to ship it back without doing anything.

*sigh*

Shame, was just about to buy GH:WT tomorrow :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
the ones in our house has done it three times, im glad ive got a ps3 as well. thankfully the third time it randomly started working again. was considering attacking it, Office Space style.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Any idea how long it takes for them to fix it and ship it back?

And yes, one day a ps3 shall be mine. When they drop down enough in price.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
say you shipped it off today (wednesday) you should recieve a spangly new console by the end of next week

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Up to 14 days Munkey.

You would be extremely lucky for the turn around time suggested by latency.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Up to 14 days Munkey.

You would be extremely lucky for the turn around time suggested by latency.

I sent my console off last friday mate it is now just been delivered back to me by the UPS man with a free couple of games :)

Same with my gf as hers broke as well we sent them off at same time.

Very quick turn around time.

Considering the repair centre is in Germany was quite impressed to tell you the truth.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I sent my console off last friday mate it is now just been delivered back to me by the UPS man with a free couple of games :)

Same with my gf as hers broke as well we sent them off at same time.

Very quick turn around time.

Considering the repair centre is in Germany was quite impressed to tell you the truth.

aha, SF time :flame::flame::flame:

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Well couldn't be bothered waiting around for a UPS pick-up, so I hopped on the tube and took it to the nearest drop-off point and got the packaging done as well (6 quid!).

Slapped the label on top and its now sitting in the shop waiting to go :)

Just worried I forgot to include anything like a customs declaration. Cést La vie.

Hopefully should be back to me within a month, I've never been lucky with these service things.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Got one back in 14 days, then the next time it bust I got it back in 8 days. Same one each time aswell, checked the serial code and it's been identical. However the ***** didn't send my Xbox back in its original box this time though, and they insisted that's what I used to send it off in :<

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
really? I have sent back one myself and several for customers from work, and they have always said to simply send it in a box, not the original box.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Yeah definately, the chap on Xbox support told me to use the original box and the UPS bloke said exactly the same. I asked about using an ordinary box but apparantly I needed the one my Xbox came in. Don't understand that tbh, no one I know had to do that nor did I have to the first time it broke.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
really? I have sent back one myself and several for customers from work, and they have always said to simply send it in a box, not the original box.

Microsoft say it themselves, DO NOT SEND IT BACK IN THE ORIGINAL BOX. Apparently they'll keep the box and send it back in a different one.

No idea why they say/do that though. Probably because they all look the same and it gets confusing?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah definately, the chap on Xbox support told me to use the original box and the UPS bloke said exactly the same. I asked about using an ordinary box but apparantly I needed the one my Xbox came in. Don't understand that tbh, no one I know had to do that nor did I have to the first time it broke.

Very odd :/

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Microsoft say it themselves, DO NOT SEND IT BACK IN THE ORIGINAL BOX. Apparently they'll keep the box and send it back in a different one.

No idea why they say/do that though. Probably because they all look the same and it gets confusing?
Don't most plain white boxes look the same aswell Munkey? :p I should really ring up and enquire/complain about it like.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Hey, I never said it made sense! Since when has anything MS done made sense.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Just a quick update. Dropped it off at the UPS pick-up point at 1pm, picked up at 3:22pm. Now to see how long it takes to reach the Fatherland.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Had my xbox rrod once before, after messing around with removing cables and hdd I got it to intermittently turn on so I thought sod it and left it turned on for 3 weeks solid. Not had a problem with rrod since.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Seriously, 14 days without a console? That's acceptable is it?

The words "easily" and "pleased" seem to be springing to mind.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
14 days is not long for freebie repair/replacement. my first 2 ones needed paying £80 each or somat. took over a month to come back

Bodhi

Yeah but when my PS2 broke Sony had one with me the very next day. When my PS3 broke they would have had one to me the very next day had it not broken on a Friday night. However thanks to the retailer, I still had one the very next day.

In light of that I'd say 14 days is pish.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Really Bods? That must be in payment for all the promotion work you do for them :)

Sony turn around time is the same in my experience, and my cousin has just called up for his ps3 (broken drive), and there was no mention of next day.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
wouldnt know owt bout sony replacing anything as no playstion 1,2 or 3 has broken down on me

Aada

Part of the furniture
I was told not to send my xbox back in the original box as they have sent the xbox back to me in a different box altogether.

My xbox has the new jasper chipset in now as well so happy days.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
To be fair, considering the work-load that MS has to do repairing RROD (the only criticism I will level at my xbox360 as I love it to bits), it'll probably take time to:

1) Get there
2) Be examined for the problem - check everything
3) Be put to the right repair guy for the problem
4) Get fixed
5) Be checked
6) Send back from Germany

I'd say 14 days isn't too bad. When I had to give my laptop in for repairs, it took them far longer.

Do I want a new xbox360? Well, I certainly wouldn't mind. But if they can fix the problem with my xbox and then send it back fixed, thats just as good for me.

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
i have owned every console apart from wii/ps3 and they all still work
somehow i doubt in 10 years my 360 will work
deepfried

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
To be fair, considering the work-load that MS has to do repairing RROD (the only criticism I will level at my xbox360 as I love it to bits), it'll probably take time to:

1) Get there
2) Be examined for the problem - check everything
3) Be put to the right repair guy for the problem
4) Get fixed
5) Be checked
6) Send back from Germany

I'd say 14 days isn't too bad. When I had to give my laptop in for repairs, it took them far longer.

Do I want a new xbox360? Well, I certainly wouldn't mind. But if they can fix the problem with my xbox and then send it back fixed, thats just as good for me.

They dont send you back the same one you will get another different machine

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

LOL.

LOL.

erm... it depends on the fault and whether they decide to fix it or simply send you a refurbed one instead.

LOL.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH

Yeah, my friend had the same problem as myself. He sent it off, got it fixed and had it returned. Was the same xbox. As Ch3t says, depends on the fault.

Aada

Part of the furniture
They send you a bit of paper and tell you what they have actually found wrong with your console and what they have repaired :)

Bodhi

They send you a bit of paper and tell you what they have actually found wrong with your console and what they have repaired :)

Wow. That makes the 14 days wait so much better. You get something to read at the end of it too!

MS = Amateurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom