Help Record what you hear?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
So I want to record a song from a TV show I downloaded. I've tried connecting my speaker port to my mic port directly and while this works there's some distortion in the lower bass range, like you've turned the bass up too much. I've tried turning down the output volume but it hasn't had any effect. What I'm looking for is a program that will let me record "What U Hear" with no fuss and no muss. I used to have a creative sound card and the bundled software allowed that but I've not got it anymore.

Ta muchly.

Access Denied

Bah, looks like I'm going to have to replace my soundblaster. Looking online and it appears that no matter what program I'm using my onboard Realtek just doesn't support What U Hear recording in any way but the way I've tried =(

Sucks.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well there are lots of programs that can record audio from skype conversations, for example, so I'm not sure it's hardware dependent. I would just rip the audio track out of the video and encode it directly as a mp3 myself.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If it's an avi (most likely xvid if you downloaded it) then virtualdub will suffice.

Open your file up in vdub and goto File > "Save WAV...". If it's just a song you want then goto the timeline at the bottom of the window and find the start of the song and hit "home" to set the start of the selection to extract then find the end of the song and hit "end" and the do the File > "Save WAV..." bit and save it, then you can use pretty much anything to convert the WAV to a MP3.

Access Denied

Found a torrent for AoA Audio Extractor Platinum Pro. Used that to rip and convert. Thanks matezor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom