Recommendations please

L

leggy

Red planet and star ship troopers?

give me strength :)

U

-Ultimate

Yeah but the book Starship Troopers is nothing like the film, although i did enjoy both(when i grow up i want to be a Space Marine ;) )

BTW is there any Aliens/Starship trooper style sci fi books out there anyone can recomend?

M

mr.Blacky

Try David Weber he has a serie that resembles the Wing Commander game.
Azimov's Foundation stuff?
are the follow ups by other authers any good (same universe)

M

maxi--

Haruki Murakami isa fantastic author, very odd.

try these two,

Hard Boiled Wonderland and the end of the world

and

The Elephant Vanishes,

a friend whos read a few more reckons all his stuffs good, i just dont have time to read(cant be arsed)

H

Hot Soup

Mars Trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson - Red Mars , Green Mars & Blue Mars
Legacy Of Heorot by Niven & Pournelle
Footfall - same authors
Ringworld Series - Laryy Niven
Enders Game - Orson Scott Card
Mars and Return To Mars - Ben Bova
Asimov's Elijah Bailey Novels - The Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun, The Robots of Dawn and Robots and Empire
Eon and Eternity by Greg Bear
The Dorsai books by Gordon R Dickson

:eek:

R

rynnor

Frederick H Pohl - Gateway

Fantastic book - great concept immaculately realised - what more could you want?

Frederick H Pohl - Man Plus

Probably the first look at Cyborgs and the possible side effects of becoming superhuman...

Both part of the recent Sci-fi classics series - both nominated or won HUGO's - buy them!

W

whipped

As this thread shouldn't only be about paperbacks, I shall recommend the Graphic Novels, Bone by Jeff Smith. It's not entirely finished yet, but a great read none the less.

Oh and Watchmen as well. Classic stuff.

T

Tenko

Originally posted by whipped
As this thread shouldn't only be about paperbacks, I shall recommend the Graphic Novels, Bone by Jeff Smith. It's not entirely finished yet, but a great read none the less.

Oh and Watchmen as well. Classic stuff.

Aye lots of REALLY good books above but on comics I'd heavily recomend Preacher, you can get it all in 9 graphic novels.

Its The dogs knackers :)

S

Sar

The "Revelation Space" series of books (Revelation Space, Chasm City, Redemption Ark, Diamond Dogs / Turquoise Days: Tales from the Revelation Space Universe) by Alastair Reynolds.

Superb reading, well worth buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom