Film Recommend me a movie please.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
but yeah I ehar Juno is good so deffo go with that if you can,
and your almost garantied a good chance she hasnt seen it.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
"Fear and loathing in las vegas"
"Office space"
"The Nine gate"
"Donnie Darko"
"Donnie Brasco"

+ More but to tired to write em all :p

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
aye, Juno is preordered now :) I'm checking out trailers from the movies that has been posted right now. I could use a few movies for my collection, so that I can keep her interest with other movies than Rambo and Rocky :p

The trueman show is also quite good, but I've already seen it a zillion times.

Helme

Resident Freddy
When it comes to romantic movies I much prefer the action oriented ones, ie Last of the Mohicans.

Come to think of it thats the only movie that comes to my mind currently, great movie tho!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
You could try full metal jacket? I've heard that's a fairly good romantic chick flick.

Or more seriously given your avatar, something like house of flying daggers?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Especially when they meet the vietnamese girl in that building, you can really see how they are into eachother there.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I've already got House of flying daggers - good movie, although it isn't really one for her :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Accepted..

IMDb Video: Accepted

It's got enough guy gets girl story line but without all the soppyness that makes you want to drown in your own vomit behind the sofa.
Not sure it's "chick flick" enough for you tho.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I watched "The orphanage" recently and it was really good. It's made by the guy who did Pans labyrinth so has Spanish subtitles however.

It's kind of a horror film tho so might not be what you are after, still worth watching at some point tho.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
It's about someone who leaves everything behind and tries to discover himself by travelling across America. Really would reccomend it it's a great film, although i'll admit i nearly cried at the end until i remembered how manly i am and punched out a wall.

Great film, but the book is much much better. Really worth reading if you've only seen the film.

How about 90 minutes of Park Ji Sung clips?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
***Disclaimer***
the following films dont nessesarily reflect my personal taste,choice or preference!

-You've got Mail
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Pretty Woman
- when Harry met Sally
- Bridget Jones 1 & 2
- The Notebook
- Moulin Rouge
- Out of Africa
- French Kiss
- City of Angels
- Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

thats it off the top of my head, and well The nanny diaries wich well isnt really a romantic as such but it sure as f**ck is a chickflic ;)

Hated Moulin Rouge, although Romeo & Juliet was great. City of Angels had a superb soundtrack. Some more recent ones:

- The Waitress
- Hitch
- Dan In Real Life
- My Mom's new boyfriend

Some classic oldies still worth watching:

Breakfast at Tiffanys
Roman Holiday
4 weddings

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends, but cats&dogs is a sure-fire-huggyhuggy-kissykissy film when:

the puppy supposedly dies

Can't. Beat. That.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
whats that film called where "satan" invaded some dead dude so he could learn from the family who's dad he was gonna kill in a heart attack?

very "aww" if your a female... extreamly "oh ffs" if ur male tho :)

Meet Joe Black (1998)

Definitly a chickflick... but Juno will be a good start for you :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How about Good Luck Chuck?

It's a touching tale of a mans adventure to keep her one true love while struggling with a serious problem that touches the very heart and soul of everyone of us :p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I think someone made note of it earlier but American Beauty is definitely another to consider.

If she's intelligent as well as romantic, she'll definitely appreciate it, and some parts are really quite sexy!

Not to mention you get to admire Mena Suvari

mena-suvari-2.jpg

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
It's a good film if you can get a copy of it!

American Pie, funny but no romance.

I'm not watching any american pie shit :)

I've just ordered Hitch.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH

It's a touching tale of a mans adventure to keep her one true love while struggling with a serious problem that touches the very heart and soul of everyone of us :p

That is quite possibly the worst film ever.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
What about something like Amelie? Paris Je T'aime is another good film, a bit prententious, but something for everybody. It would make you look like a right film buff if you stuck that on.

High Fidelity is a good one if you like your music, is a bit of a rom-com but is actually good.

erm, Manhattan, City of God. Perhaps some of the more mainstream Anime like Spirited Away, Tales from Earthsea, Grave of the Fireflies etc

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
You should rent out Patch Adams. And while you are at it, book a wedding venue. That movie scores (in lots of ways!)

soze

I am a FH squatter

Do you mean it touches at your trousers when Jessica Alba loses her skirt?

When i have the girl round we tend to watch the soppy chick flicks. I can wach almost anything so its fine stuff like Whatever it Takes, Coyote Ugly, 10 Things I Hate About You, Honey, She's The Man, John Tucker Must Die ect ect

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Laddeyfag; return of the sunbed

looks like a healthy movie

ontopic;
Juno is ace

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I'm quite surprised none has mentioned - P.S I Love You - yet.

Basically it's a story about a girl who looses her husband, but he has set up this entire letter thingy which helps her get past her grief and move on.

The Other Boleyn Girl is also some sobbing story about how two sisters fight over the same guy, who happens to be the King of England :england:

I've seen other chickflicks recently but I can't seem to remember them on the top of my head, most likely because I switch off the brain while watching them :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
The cottage. Hilarious english horror film which is scary in parts but only in a tongue in cheek way. Yes I read the first post and yes I'd watch it anyway if it was me ;) Besides, it's got smeeeeegle in it!

Alternatively, whats that new film with martin clunes in it whereby the old lady ends up getting left with nothing after her husbands death so she ends up growing pot to get by. Apparently it's a brilliant film and a bit of a heart rendering one too.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I'm quite surprised none has mentioned - P.S I Love You - yet.

I liked it and it was pretty emotional.

I thought they could have made it a lot more powerful but yeah - might not get you pussy for the night, but will make you seem a damn lot more emotionally considerate! ;):D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom