Film Recommend me a movie please.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Big fish was no good... I liked the style etc, but it just didn't work for this occasion :p

why do you listen to all these fools my old wonkinator?

i am the one you see on xbl "watching a DVD" 24/7 when ever you log in, LISTEN TO MEEEEEEEE.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
why do you listen to all these fools my old wonkinator?

i am the one you see on xbl "watching a DVD" 24/7 when ever you log in, LISTEN TO MEEEEEEEE.

post something wise man.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
ive done plenty. youre just not looking in the right places.

I sadly can't watch all of the movies posted. That would take months :( P.S. I love you is on my list though.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Watched My Super Ex Girlfriend last night with the mrs. Was actually a lot better than I was expecting. Well written and very funny in places. Uma is always pleasing on the eye and played the part of the cranky slightly mad (normal) woman superhero very well.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
omg i thought that movie was awful lol it wasn't as bad as nacho libre but it sure wasn't good tbh. The Heartbreak Kid was another one that just made me feel uncomfortable to watch, its like i feel slightly embarrassed for the actors :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
its like i feel slightly embarrassed for the actors :(

you should watch napolean dynamite. the good thing is youre supposed to feel embarrassed for the actors and the film is just class.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I watched Chaos Theory earlier today or late yesterday, not really sure.

It was quite alright for being a Ryan Reynolds movie - you even get to sea Sarah Chalke in lingerie!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
omg i thought that movie was awful lol it wasn't as bad as nacho libre but it sure wasn't good tbh. The Heartbreak Kid was another one that just made me feel uncomfortable to watch, its like i feel slightly embarrassed for the actors :(

You were uncomfortable watching because at a certain time of the month you too would like to throw a shark at the man in your life :) It was an Ivan Reitman film and he's usually pretty good. The writing was way superior to Nacho Libre which was a pile of crap tbh.

Agree with Heartbreak kid though, funny in places but the joke just went on too far.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I've just been watching the first season of Dexter for the 4th time, and I really can't get enough of it. The gf doesn't like it though :(

but hey, she enjoyed the mummy 3. It had Jet Li in it, but sadly without any martial arts :( I can't recommend it really.

When is Tris- done with his exams? I miss him.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
The tris should be coming home sometime soon tbh thought atm he is off pwning stuff with his hapkido skills

ooh btw good film with jet li and jackie chan but i forgot the name anyway its something legend or something its about this kid who has to get the magical staff back to the monkey king (go on sing it with me... Hatched from an egg on a mountain top.... yeah!) and gets transported from modern day america to olden days china, cool flick

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
That's the forbidden kingdom - it's actually quite decent :) except for the storyline, but that isn't why I watched it anyway.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
saw No Country For Old Men last night and;

OMG what a shit ending to a good film :( such a shame

megadave

I am a FH squatter
my most recent viewings;

Papilion (1973) great
Gran Torino (2008) great overall but shoddy acting
Changeling (2008) good but depressing
American Psycho (2000) pure greatness
The Longest Yard (2005) pretty damn shitty
The Wrestler (2008) great and should of won an oscar

Lakih

Resident Freddy
As always just after the oscars...

Milk - Awsome
Frost/Nixon - I want my two hours back :(
Slumdog milionaire - Watch it, it's worth it.
Benjamin Button - Awsome
Dark knight - Awsome, best Batman move so far
Tropic thunder - Best part of this movie was Tom Cruise dancing at the end :(

Changeling -Maybe in afew weeks...
Revolutionary road - Not sure i will bother
The wrestler - ... (might catch it later this week)
The reader - Later...

Oh, and just because its awsome:
Gran Torino - Awsome

:clap:

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Right, let's start rating the movies we've watched. It's easier to recommend them that way :)

Burn After Reading 9/10

Uhh, there's actually still humor to be found in Hollywood. I've spent my afternoon watching this, and it's really good. It's probably a movie you'll either love or hate. The humor really appeals to me, and both George Clooney and Brad Pitt are suprisingly funny.

I can recommend it, if people are after a movie with 'intelligent' humor, and a good plot. (not just the "dick, ass, pussy-haha" humor that far too many writers are trying to get away with)

I've got 30 days of night waiting for me, and im hopefully going to watch it tomorrow :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I've got quite a few asian movies, however I can't remember half of them on the top of my head :( the martial art movies are the gem of my collection, however I'll start with some horror movies :)

The Ring 5.5/10 - very overrated, however im glad it made it to the western audience with succes.
The Ring 2 2/10 - utter trash, not one remotely scary scene, and the plotline was bad.
The eye 7/10 - One of the better horror movies. The plot isn't all that good, however it has some spooky scenes. It has one of the worst endings I've ever seen though.
The eye 2 3/10 - meh... it has ONE really really scary scene, however the scene doesn't really make any sense. It's just .... scary :)
Shutter 9/10 - Everyone should really give this one a chance, however the fact that it's a thai-movie, will scare off most people. Forget all about REC, this is the scariest horror movie I've ever watched, and I normally don't get scared much. It has everything a good horror movie needs, and it's probably the best out there. (El Orfanato 2nd on my list). Just be sure not to watch the US-remake.

Can't rate Ju-on and dark water (I think it's called), as I haven't watched them in years :(

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Shutter had a original version? Or The Orphanage?

Liked em both, didn't find em terribly scary though, but both had jumpy bits.

REC on the other hand was brutal, I saw an advert for an american film that looked identical but had a different name/actors. Did they remake this one as well?

I'm normally a fan of original movies, much prefered Jap version of The Ring to the remake etc.

The last film to make me genuinely scared before REC was Blair Witch. I know there are loads of people who think its shit and not scary at all, but fucking hell, something with that film connected with my scare nerve.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Shutter had a original version? Or The Orphanage?

Liked em both, didn't find em terribly scary though, but both had jumpy bits.

REC on the other hand was brutal, I saw an advert for an american film that looked identical but had a different name/actors. Did they remake this one as well?

I'm normally a fan of original movies, much prefered Jap version of The Ring to the remake etc.

all the movies im rating above, are the asian ones :)

I haven't watched the american version of REC, only the spanish. I have to say that while it was scary in places, it just didn't keep my interest half of the time :(

Go rent the asian version of shutter, if it's the american one you've got :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
all the movies im rating above, are the asian ones :)

I haven't watched the american version of REC, only the spanish. I have to say, that while it was scary in places, it just didn't keep my interest half of the time :(

Go rent the asian version of shutter, if it's the american one you've got :)

Aye I saw the american one, not realising it was a remake :) Didn't think it was too bad, it's a good story for sure.
I'll go check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom