Help Recommend a PC!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dirt cheap, does word processing / email and a bit of photoshop (doesn't have to be quick at that).

As close to £300 as you can do. Hopefully bettering this thing.

Size isn't important btw. Best spec for lowest price fully assembled.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ye that's easy.

Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core, M1 Mini ITX Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

£299.06 - excluding a copy of windows, cuz you know, £20 quid gray market ;)

Good points of my build - it's skylake, that means you can chuck an i5 6600 or an i7 6700 in it later - or a k version.
Downsides - it doesnt support OCing, uses PCIE2 for more cost reduction ( tho no cards currently exceed pcie2 bandwidth ). and less usb3 ports.

You could quite happily chuck an i5 6600 + a gtx 970 or better in this thing, and have a really solid gaming rig when money affords the upgrades.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You could also go cheaper by cutting down on the power supply ( that was picked w/ future upgrades in mind ), and changing the ssd to a normal hdd to cut some more.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Also if you want that nuc cheaper - just buy the bits yourself, you just need to add memory+drive, you'll save the scan assembly/install fee, and you can buy a £20 copy of windows.

That'd get the nuc price down to £200 for identical spec.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
giphy.gif

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

fully assembled.
?

It's not for me - it's for someone I'm trying to extracate myself from any further PC support help. So O/S installed too.

Basically - I want to provide them a link and say "buy that" then sit back in my not-having-to-help-any-more bliss.

But she's a nice old lass, so a decent PC would be good :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Send her to PC World to buy a PC and record it so we can all sit in our underwear laughing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom