Reavers pls help decide :p

B

Betrayal

Hi again :p
Making my template now for my Reaver, and got at a crossroad when had to pick a shield :p
Ml9 one or Ml7 one? Dont say crafted one, I need large shield, but cant decide which one is better for a BGing reaver (50 flex / 42 shield / 32 parry / 26 SR) small scale RvR (duo with tic farming stealthers:flame:).
Thanks!

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
Betrayal said:
Making my template now for my Reaver, and got at a crossroad when had to pick a shield :p
Ml9 one or Ml7 one? Dont say crafted one, I need large shield, but cant decide which one is better for a BGing reaver (50 flex / 42 shield / 32 parry / 26 SR) small scale RvR (duo with tic farming stealthers:flame:).
Thanks!
ml7 cheaper and easier to get

both are about the same util afaik so unless you have an ml9 or the cash for it id go ml7

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
Why do you "need" a large shield, and why can't you get a crafted large one...?

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Betrayal said:
Thanks!
ml7 imo good utility nice speed looks great and heal proc ;)

B

Betrayal

I can aquire both ml7/ml9 one that is not a problem, dont need crafted one because can fit one of those 2 in template (with a bit of tweaking :p) until can get kraken / levi stuff for the ultimate template from vn boards (which is a dream but we all dream at times) :>
Thing was what would be more utile in rvr, the 80 heal thingie or the 150/50% abs :p Was leaning toward the ml7 one because not sure the abs buff from shield stacks with som one or with whatever procs from scalars, or with battler / swc charge (which I will abuse every fight I can :p) :>
Thanks for input, and one more question:
- haste debuff from copperhead (viper follow up) can be spammable or gives immunity? (as you blocking several times and restarting chain)
- snare from constrictor is unbreakable or if I get another swing / spell on oponent it will break making it not worth to try use?
Many thanks again all :>
:fluffle:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Betrayal said:
Thing was what would be more utile in rvr, the 80 heal thingie or the 150/50% abs :p Was leaning toward the ml7 one because not sure the abs buff from shield stacks with som one or with whatever procs from scalars, or with battler / swc charge (which I will abuse every fight I can :p) :>

The heal proc will give you life back instantly.
The absorb is like a 150 point crafted ablative. It won't stack with other ablatives crafted onto your armour, or the som ablative.
It will stack with scalars/battler/scw

I'd say the ml7 one is better in general if the rest of the stats don't matter.
Engaging vs none DW'ers with a heal proc shield = :kissit:

B

Betrayal

Give more solo vamps \\o!!!!!! :>
Thanks for tips :>

B

Betrayal

Where does that drop Elitestoner, and what mob please?
Can you also be kind please to post it's stats if possible? Many thanks :>

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Loonatik said:
Why do you "need" a large shield, and why can't you get a crafted large one...?

caus with a large shield you can block for 3 mobs while small shield only blocks for 1, and medium 2

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Left Hand (Sinovia's Sinister Block):
Imbue: 35.0
Cold: 8%
Heat: 8%
Matter: 8%
Spirit: 8%
Armour Factor: 10
Utility: 64.0
TOA Utility: 10.0
PvE Utility: 0.0

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
caus with a large shield you can block for 3 mobs while small shield only blocks for 1, and medium 2

That's exactly why I use crafted shields on my reaver and swap between large and small depending on situation. Slaming targets with a regular large shield simply drains way to much endu.

I just hate the looks of the Sinovia Shield and the util sux.

Loonatik

One of Freddy's beloved
Sharaft said:

I know that but I thought he needed it for RvR where a smaller and faster shield is much better. Still, even if you go for a large one, why not use a crafted one with more utility?

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Loonatik said:
I know that but I thought he needed it for RvR where a smaller and faster shield is much better. Still, even if you go for a large one, why not use a crafted one with more utility?

yeah ofcourse! i would never use large in rvr, waaay to slow to even get some damage, but in pve large shield is uber :p but still, the sinovia shield rocks :p nice resist and it does actually look good.. well imo.. :p

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Personaly I wouldn't go for a shield that has +shield on it...

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Erulin said:
Personaly I wouldn't go for a shield that has +shield on it...

dont need more than +8 and mob 3, caus afaik block caps at 50?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
dont need more than +8 and mob 3, caus afaik block caps at 50?

No, and it doesn't have diminishing returns after 50 either.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
The heal proc will give you life back instantly.
The absorb is like a 150 point crafted ablative. It won't stack with other ablatives crafted onto your armour, or the som ablative.
It will stack with scalars/battler/scw

I'd say the ml7 one is better in general if the rest of the stats don't matter.
Engaging vs none DW'ers with a heal proc shield = :kissit:

Armour ablative or Minstrel Ablatives do stack with SoM ablative, I believe, so this should be the same.

Is ML7 shield still a reactive proc ? Came across a patch note the other day that suggested it was now a normal proc.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
yeah ofcourse! i would never use large in rvr, waaay to slow to even get some damage, but in pve large shield is uber :p but still, the sinovia shield rocks :p nice resist and it does actually look good.. well imo.. :p

He's saying Bodyguard reaver, though, so he may be defending against an assist train = multiple foes, so large shield is better.

Darzil

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
Armour ablative or Minstrel Ablatives do stack with SoM ablative, I believe, so this should be the same.

Is ML7 shield still a reactive proc ? Came across a patch note the other day that suggested it was now a normal proc.

Darzil

Minstrel ablative doesnt stack with som, when i run ablative in Shademode and it procs it overwrites but when its used the mincer ablative still runs on.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
He's saying Bodyguard reaver, though, so he may be defending against an assist train = multiple foes, so large shield is better.

Darzil

yeah ok, hehe didnt read that, agree with ya that large shield is better for BG, but still solo i would change to a small or medium shield just to cut down some weap speed

B

Betrayal

Think I would stay with large one even for soloing :>
Has better chance to block more than one oponents, and stealthers add in a nice proportion, I dont plan to slam much, parry chain or viper will give me the stun when I need it, and if really forced to slam, there are end barrels in case swc proc rate wont be acceptable :> As for delay, if can get 4 levis in pve after slaming with shield of khaos (large) 233 qui (no aug, 80 qui in template) 10% melee haste from toa bonuses no haste charge / buff, should work in rvr too :> Of course ones will say 5 levi is better than 4, which I agree completely, but is not end of the world either :> Got ML7 shield now and waiting to finish template mls to go out see how it goes :>
Btw what mob / where drops sililia's necklace and other stuff? Saw a nice melee reaver template made by Kalorian from reaver forums, but uses two of sililia's items and searched for them on Market Explorers and nothing ><
And is assasins WS debuff poison affecting only our WS / chance to hit / damage or affects style damage / proc damage / chance to block / parry as well?
Many thanks again for all replys :>
:fluffle:

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Sililia stuff drops from the Egg of Youth arti mob, harpy called Sililia.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ezeine said:
Sililia stuff drops from the Egg of Youth arti mob, harpy called Sililia.

Really rare drops, I remember giving my Sillia's necklace away to Amanita

She did give me 10 plat though :p

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
UndyingAngel said:
can be done with 1 very good shield tank and a cleric, thats how I used to farm it.

how the fuck do you kill the pillers while keeping the bird engaged?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom