REAVERS: Any good or what?

F

Fagane

What are good (cheap) RAs to take to make life easy early on (from the BGs)?

B

belth

I'm betting the debuffs break mezz in PvE and not root, if they're working on the same code as cloth-caster debuffs.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by NightyP
might start using bounty gems to cut down on the expense for a while :p to let my funds grow again...

I only use bounty potions there very nice, a full end heal per use.

Originally posted by Asha
tireless
dex 1
mob 1

Dex 2 is needed for MoB 1

Belth.

I dont know about PvE, but in RvR both debuffs DO NOT break mez. However the DD aoe does

Tilda

E

Ekydus

You mean you've never even bothered to go PvE once with your damn Reaver?

Lazy bastard...
:p

A

Asha

thx tilda I didn't know :rolleyes:
I have it but I was just mentioning ras that are good to get a low lvl. Dex 1 is a good start. MoB a bit later.

I have a feeling that belth is right. My sm debuffs worked that way... I don't exp with mezzers tho :x

A

Asha

are bps going to be useable for making housing payments or did they scrap that? Last I heard it was 1bp will = 1gp...

Dunno what is more cost effective :)

O

old.Kian

RA wise, I left BG3 with Aug Dex 2, MoBlock 1, MoPain 1, MoParry 1, Tireless 1 (better than nothing if you solo a lot) and 2 spare points. Will blow a respec to get Purge before I consider going to RvR after I finally get my reaver to 50.

As for auras - what Draylor said. Unless you can guarantee that there are no wandering mobs and no panicked survivors with trains of purps after them, running an aura is playing Russian roulette with your whole group. I do most of my xp in Avalon City where there's ALWAYS wandering mobs and ALWAYS drak lynch mobs chasing people, so I keep my auras switched off.

Still remember seeing another reaver who didn't understand this turn on an aura in Barrows just as the Templar wandered by...

S

samildanachh

get end regen 3 pots, they r far better than instant stone regen

use it just before u enter a fight and then itll prolly over time give u about 3-4 bars of endurace, far better than bounty point items.

F

-fwapp-

basicly reavers dont get determination so therefore are only jusst ahead of cabalists and scouts in terms of likeliness of being rvr grped by randomers :/
if u want to rvr comfortably have lots of friends/guildies who will grp u regularly or make a merc/pally

L

lordbazzer

I decided to have a go tonight so I /level 20'd one to have a go and I have to be honest, I like what i saw. So I think im gonna carry on with it for a while and see what the long term appeal will be.

Just one question tho, why are the flex animations all duff? Is it a bug fix thingy?

Thanks again for all the advice :)

W

Waok

Apparently its been fixed on US servers, I know it looks really stupid atm :< But I think next patch? or soon anyways, they are fixing it for EU.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by lordbazzer
Just one question tho, why are the flex animations all duff?
AFAIK its another of the "GOA bugs" that never existed on US servers - theyve only had 8 months since SI went live, give them a chance :rolleyes:

N

NightyP

actually i read on VNboards that US players have this problem too, its got something to do with gfx card drivers, Skilgannon said that on his uber main comp, he gets the shit animations, then on his crappy comp with his buffbot he has these good looking animations with ducking and diving kinda things.
Just add it to the list of bugs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom