Reaver Spec.

K

Kirtaa

tilda fyi , reaver duels are mostly luck , slam first and u win 90% of the cases , so dont say 2-0 to me in duel i pwn pin ,

infact pin > u , both in knowledge and skill, which i think he proved nicley in this post?

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Kirtaa
tilda fyi , reaver duels are mostly luck , slam first and u win 90% of the cases , so dont say 2-0 to me in duel i pwn pin ,

infact pin > u , both in knowledge and skill, which i think he proved nicley in this post?

yes i agree that reaver duels are mostly like.
Pin is certainly knowledgable.
I think a lot of things in this post show that reavers are viable almost however you spec them, ie there is no true cookie cutter.
And, I have NEVER said i pwn Pin. When I said the score of the reaver duels it was said jokingly, it was also not aimed at you, nor did you _have_ to read this thread.

Tilda

J

jua-cosmos-jua

First i liked the idea of a high parry noticing a high dmg rate after-parry move reavers have then again, Pin, dont forget reaver is not an inf.. its a grp char. Why go for parry you are supposed to cast spells interupt casters and generaly attack casters the lower the sr the better they resist it. The higher the parry the better chance you give those zerkers to borealis you... and you arent even supposed to attack zerkers.. maybe a slam to save your caster.
thats my opinion..

P

Pin

Originally posted by jua-cosmos-jua
First i liked the idea of a high parry noticing a high dmg rate after-parry move reavers have then again, Pin, dont forget reaver is not an inf.. its a grp char. The higher the parry the better chance you give those zerkers to borealis you... and you arent even supposed to attack zerkers.. maybe a slam to save your caster.
thats my opinion..

Yes, the highest damage styles (if you discount style procs on cobra and leviathan) are the ones in the parry chain (and the 9-second stun is the 3rd in chain), and I often use these.

But saying a Reaver is a group char is not exactly the truth. Any character is a character for how you want to play it. I largely play mine solo, or in a group of 2-4 and have immense fun in the quieter areas and times hunting other solo or similar groups and stealthers, and for that high shield and high parry is great.

Talking about zerkers and borealis is altogether irrelevant as firstly zerkers won't have the style on their quickbars and certainly won't be looking for someone to parry them so they could use it.

And as for not even supposed to attack zerkers? Well, it depends on what role you are playing, and largely on the situation. If all you do is slam him, and there's no one else (or not enough others) to kill him before he's out of stun and on your casters again then you'd damn-well better assist drop him.

Originally posted by jua-cosmos-jua
Why go for parry you are supposed to cast spells interupt casters and generaly attack casters the lower the sr the better they resist it.

The spells interrupt even if they are resisted, so that's a moot point. As for the whole 'supposed to' part, again it comes down to what job you are doing and how you play and also how capable you are of playing. Firstly, if you are on guard duty it is not your primary job to go after the healers and casters, but as your lifetap is at 1500 range you can still interrupt casters while you're slamming enemies, etc. There is nothing to stop you switching targets to fire off your spells for interrupting, and continue whatever else you were doing.

As I said, it all comes down to how you want to play. I go for parry because the parry chain is a GREAT chain, because parry is a much better defense against dual-wielders than shield is, and because I am OFTEN running solo, duo or other small groups and block and parry work.

M

mcdonalds

Thought long and hard how i would spec my reaver..

In the end i decided to go 50/50 Flex/SR..

Why, imo reaver is not a defencive char, there is plenty of peeps out there to slam things for u, and therfor just assist peeps.

As said, just depends on how u want to play.

I have a slam bot, dont want another 1 :)

S

Sharma

Ive tried this spec before:

50 SR
39 slash
42 shield
rest parry

ok ok i dont get the UBER proccing styles but tbh it doesnt matter much to me because i like a tank with some high level spells to play with, ive tried it with a friends lvl 50 reaver (Merlin Server) was great fun, Eating every SB i came across :D

S

Sohan_THC

Wehehe well i tried something else and some some stone's in da pocket so np.

But this is my spec and im lmao

Soul: 45
Shield: 42
Parry: 22
Thrust: 39

Thrust ??¿¿ Yeah and it rocks :D

Slamm from shield 42
I block -> stunn it with low end hit
i evade -> have a doulble hit line low end high dmg

im 43 still but the 2 time's i went to emain and odin kicked me to 2L4 so got master of pain , parry , block . ip next on list.

When fully buffed to the bone by our best cleric in the guild
some cloth ppl really do not like me

nerv reavers

tell me im gimped but solo'd my way to 42
soloing orange pikeman / lesser telemons atm. aint to bad tho :clap:

thrust for the win :cool:

E

Eof

My reaver is specced 50 soul 50 flex 23 shield and 17 parry. Despite being told in game how sucky this is it works for me.

At lvl 46 I killed a 50 SB. I was uber buffed but it made me think the spec was ok and nothing since has changed that opinion.

I like to play offensively but mostly play my reaver as an assist tank so for me slam wasnt vital. I can use paralyse if things get desperate and I need someone off my casters or clerics.

My dot hits for 40-70 a tick but usually around 58 it seems which I think is fine. My lifetap does around 190 dmg steals 170ish. I dont use dd aura except at MGs or stealther hunting. The dmg add isn't great but its a nice addition. Wish that the 30 sec add we get didnt wipe wizi/theurg eb just replaced it for 30 secs. These are just nice additions to a class with lots of fun styles. Levi does nice dmg but I much prefer getting cobra off :) Love that 4 chain.

Inconnu? Yep cos I think my little fish girl is cute. Britons probably are better as a race but i have 6 Britons so this for me is a nice change and I like her being small.

My reaver admittedly doesnt have much RvR experience but has been fun. Most of the time she is ignored, just like my merc (did I say that! :) ) by the enemies so I can spam Levi chasing them or play with different styles. As an assist tank my guard has helped my main tank live longer as have my auras.

As someone else said, it's all about your play style and having fun but 50/50/23/17 works fine.

L

Larik-

Good to see people are having fun with different reaver specs. Can't decide where to go with mine, like the sound of 50 soul/flex, though pondering a respec for slash at 40, then again slam/flex would be fun...hmm :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Sohan_THC
When fully buffed to the bone by our best cleric in the guild
some cloth ppl really do not like me

nerv reavers

That's a nice screenshot of a bug, not of you killing someone. You'll notice that you actually missed your attack on the guy, the only damage you did there was the 19 from your DoT. The two 'You hit for 374 (-171) damage!' are actually done by Tirael who was the caster you were protecting.

So errr... phear your 19 damage DoT + unstyled miss !!!1 :p

P

Pin

Originally posted by Eof
My reaver is specced 50 soul 50 flex 23 shield and 17 parry. Despite being told in game how sucky this is it works for me.

Whoever told you that 50/50/23/17 sucks was either very ignorant or very narrow-minded. It's an excellent spec.

E

Eof

Read the thread, I dont need to name names I am sure :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Eof
My dot hits for 40-70 a tick but usually around 58 it seems which I think is fine.

I don't actually believe this though. The level 49 DoT has a 23 delve, so it's impossible to be hitting for that damage. I'd expect you'll see an average around 25 damage per tick. If you are seeing 40-70, that's from a DoT-proc, not your casted DoT.

E

Eof

I dont have a dot proc sorry. In fact I have only got my epic armour and crafted but non sc'd weapons. She's my break from Eof not something to spend money on yet. Maybe I just got lucky and found enemies with suckie resists.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Eof
I dont have a dot proc sorry

Hmmm... I think I shall have a play around with something later then ;)

Users who are viewing this thread