50 Flex.
42 Shield.
34 Soul Rendering.
20 Parry.
(0 Points to spend.)

Thanks.

A

acei

Not got my reaver to 50 yet but my final spec will be 50flex, 45SR, 25parry, 25shield.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by acei
50flex, 45SR, 25parry, 25shield.
Hmm, it seems to me that slam is nearly vital to a Reaver, but I may be wrong? Ekydus' original spec looks great.

A

adari

Originally posted by Belomar
Hmm, it seems to me that slam is nearly vital to a Reaver, but I may be wrong? Ekydus' original spec looks great.

slam isnt vital but helps a LOT

G

granny

Slam all the way. Anything less than 42 shield will gimp you badly in RvR. No need to put soulrending as high as 45, the damage from dots & lifetap is pathetic in RvR, only useful for interrupting casters. You also really need a high block rate to survive with chain armour & rogue hits.

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by granny
Slam all the way. Anything less than 42 shield will gimp you badly in RvR. No need to put soulrending as high as 45, the damage from dots & lifetap is pathetic in RvR, only useful for interrupting casters. You also really need a high block rate to survive with chain armour & rogue hits.

Agreed :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by granny

100% untrue.

still, I chose 50, 42, 36, 20.

S

sagedancer

50 50 23 17 and I love her to bits. Two stuns in the flex line so I didnt feel slam was totally necessary. but all in a matter of how you enjoy playing and with a reaver... its all good, great fun class to play no matter what your spec is.

SageDancer - 50 Armswoman
SageWhips - 50 Reaver
Sagey - 2x frybaby

T

Tilda

<ahem>

ok if your willing to auto train:

50 flex, 42 shield, 41 SR 6 parry this means u auto train flex to 48, so spec crush to 40 then u have a low lvl weapon spec from 40 to 48, but u have a flex taunt so your ok.

for non-auto training:

50 flex, 42 shield 33SR 21 parry 12 points spare.

this is best, because: from33 to 34 SR you gain nothing. so your better off getting another point in parry IMO.

if your going slash, ( why? flexfortehwin! ) go 42 shield 39 slash, 45 SR (last dps buff) 22 parry

if you have any other questions PM me here or in game.

and the great slam debate. imo slam is vital for any reaver offensive or defensive, i use slam very aggressivley and can kill 90% of non-tank classes by the time slam wears of with no heals on them, end regen on me etc.

Yes having a reaver with no slam is your choice etc, but slam is bloody handy. If you get jumped by an SB with no slam, theres no way u can lev, and little chance you can kill him as we do NOT have a good anytime style. I use slam as my anytime generally.
The anytimes we do have in flex use FAR to much end to use them as much as say amethyst slash.

IMO it depends on your play style.
If you like to stick press F8 and spam a style then spec slash.
If you have half a brain, like using 4 Qbars in standard RvR then spec flex.
If you spec flex, i suggest you use the /qbar macro.

I have 1 standar Qbar with a link to my block chain and a link to my parry chain, pressing 5 twice takes me to the block chan and back, so if i block i press 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. 0 also takes me to my "home" bar.

so i have a link macro at the start and at the end of each chain.

my general QB is this:

Slam
Lev
lifetap shout
DoT shout
Block Qbar link
UToS
purge
IP
Absorb debuff aoe chant
DPS insta buff

on Qbar 2 I have:

enter exit macro
self buff
guard
protect
intercept
engage
UToS/purge/IP for keep takes when im trying to run in
DPS debuff chant
DD chant (same number as the absorb debuff chant on bar 1)
absorb debuf chant.

then i have my block chain Qbar and parry chain Qbar.
I did experiment with having another Qbar for AoE chants but that meant i had to remember to press the link macro _and_ the chant i wanted.

I am currently not using parry macro Qbar as i have UToS, IP and Purge all of which i want on my amin Qbar for isntant use.
If i had more space I would put on
Asp ( ranged style) fo people who run, i could back asp up with lev.
Indigosnake this procs a nice heal, so i could heal my self more, the problem is that its a side positional, and if i have someone slammed i want to lev not indigo.

hmm, thats pretty much all i have to say for now.
Im not going to get started on why inconnu is better that the other starting classes (resists, dex, size)

all i have to say is that

Lev + dps buff + absorb debuff hits bloody hard, that is why i ave absorb debuff on my main Qbar.
DD chant owns pbaoe chanters so if u see one, put it on and they will only get 1 pbaoe off on you ( QC) and they you will interupt them all eh time. PBAoE DD chant works great if your attacking a groups bard/druid/healer and all of them keep getting interupted due to PBAoE :D

anyway.

LEVFORTEHWIN!!!!111

Tilda

/edit longpostfortehwin!!1

P

Pin

the post above contains some useful info, but also contains a whole lotta bollocks. take from it what you want ;)

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Pin
the post above contains some useful info, but also contains a whole lotta bollocks. take from it what you want ;)

Tildai pwns juu!!1 :m00:

T

Tilda

2-0 :p

mabey if you posted your oppinion rather then just a sarcy comment it would be even more useful.

Tilda

J

jua-cosmos-jua

i chose 50 flex 42 shield 41 sr... parry is for those who feel week :)

P

Pin

would have posted more opinion, but was busy... anyway...

Originally posted by Tilda

50 flex, 42 shield, 41 SR 6 parry this means u auto train flex to 48, so spec crush to 40 then u have a low lvl weapon spec from 40 to 48, but u have a flex taunt so your ok.

for non-auto training:

So why is 50, 42, 41, 6 the best in your opinion when autotraining, but 50, 42, 33, 21 is the best if you don't?

If you haven't autotrained you can have 50, 42, 36, 16 and have higher damage add, abs debuff, dps debuff and dot over 33soul.

Ah, but you get 5 more points of parry. UBER.... Then if those points of parry are so great, why go for 41Soul when autotrained, when you could have 50, 42, 36, 20? The higher sould gives you the next lifetap and DD aura at the cost of 14 parry.

In otherwords your advice contradicts itself.

this is best, because: from33 to 34 SR you gain nothing. so your better off getting another point in parry IMO.

that's why you take it to 36, not 34.

If you get jumped by an SB with no slam, theres no way u can lev

wrong

and little chance you can kill him

very wrong

as we do NOT have a good anytime style. I use slam as my anytime generally.

You REALLY don't need ANY anytime style for either 1v1, small group, or zerg rvr. Anyone should be able to get off positionals or reactionarise on 90%+ of their styled hits.

The anytimes we do have in flex use FAR to much end to use them as much as say amethyst slash.

Actually, Python is the only anytime that uses a lot of end, Diamondback (taunt) and Boomslang (detaunt) don't.

IMO it depends on your play style.
If you like to stick press F8 and spam a style then spec slash.
If you have half a brain, like using 4 Qbars in standard RvR then spec flex.

Nice attitude there :rolleyes:

I can guarantee that all you do in most RvR is choose target, slam, leviathan, run auras, hit spells.

This as opposed to choose target, slam, <insert slash style here>, run auras, hit spells.

Asp ( ranged style) fo people who run, i could back asp up with lev.

No, you would back leviathan up with Asp.

hmm, thats pretty much all i have to say for now.
Im not going to get started on why inconnu is better that the other starting classes (resists, dex, size)

Inconnu basically sucks at well, almost everything.

Lev + dps buff + absorb debuff hits bloody hard, that is why i ave absorb debuff on my main Qbar.

dps debuff obviously has nothing to do with how hard you hit.

DD chant owns pbaoe chanters so if u see one, put it on and they will only get 1 pbaoe off on you ( QC) and they you will interupt them all eh time.

Not entirely true. If they time their casting correctly they can get a pbae inbetween every pulse of the aura, but only if they realise you have it running and can count.

LEVFORTEHWIN!!!!111

SPAMASINGLESTYLEFORTEHN00B!!!11

T

Tilda

for non-auto training:

Originally posted by Pin

So why is 50, 42, 41, 6 the best in your opinion when autotraining, but 50, 42, 33, 21 is the best if you don't?

If you haven't autotrained you can have 50, 42, 36, 16 and have higher damage add, abs debuff, dps debuff and dot over 33soul.

Ah, but you get 5 more points of parry. UBER.... Then if those points of parry are so great, why go for 41Soul when autotrained, when you could have 50, 42, 36, 20? The higher sould gives you the next lifetap and DD aura at the cost of 14 parry.

the higher dammage add is at 31 so no difference between 33 and 36. its entierly you call, if you value the dammage debuff go 36 spec then.
41 is better than 36 + 20 parry because at 41 you get the last aoe DD chant and the lvl 41 lifetap shout. both if which imo are vital for a reaver. higher level = more life tapped and returned and less resists on the aoe.
IMO the relative advantage gained from a higher level of parry outweigh the higher level dps debuff UNLESS your going to take SR up to 41 for hte last lifetap.

If you get jumped by an SB with no slam, theres no way u can lev
Originally posted by Pin
wrong

So, an SB's attacking you, solo, from the front, how do you gewt lev off? if he's stuck to you you cant get behind him, if he's facing you you cant lev him.
If theres a bug that lets you lev from the front i realy would love to know about it.

Originally posted by Pin

You REALLY don't need ANY anytime style for either 1v1, small group, or zerg rvr. Anyone should be able to get off positionals or reactionarise on 90%+ of their styled hits.

Originally posted by Pin

Actually, Python is the only anytime that uses a lot of end, Diamondback (taunt) and Boomslang (detaunt) don't.

but they all do rubbish dammage.

Originally posted by Pin

Nice attitude there :rolleyes:

I can guarantee that all you do in most RvR is choose target, slam, leviathan, run auras, hit spells.

This as opposed to choose target, slam, <insert slash style here>, run auras, hit spells.

nice attitude there :rolleyes:
theres a difference in hwo you play your specs

Originally posted by Pin
No, you would back leviathan up with Asp.

ok so i get them the wrong way round, sew me.

Originally posted by Pin

Inconnu basically sucks at well, almost everything.

you have proof?
when we get an extra resist, were small to target in RvR and a high base dex?

Originally posted by Pin

dps debuff obviously has nothing to do with how hard you hit.

how wrong could you be.
http://www.firstcohort.org/html/mod...le=displayimage&album=random&cat=10033&pos=-7
eat your hat plzkthx
and no thats not varience, i have 15+15 flex.

Originally posted by Pin

Not entirely true. If they time their casting correctly they can get a pbae inbetween every pulse of the aura, but only if they realise you have it running and can count..

and if your a pbaoe person do you _honestly_ stop and think, hmm im getting hit every 8 secounds here so i need to cast around now. i doubt it very very much.

I dont want to turn this into a rant and argument.

Tilda

P

Pin

So, an SB's attacking you, solo, from the front, how do you gewt lev off? if he's stuck to you you cant get behind him, if he's facing you you cant lev him.
If theres a bug that lets you lev from the front i realy would love to know about it.

So what if they are stuck to you. we are playing a server-client game. VERY easy to get a rear positional on someone who is stuck to you.

but they all do rubbish dammage.

I didn't say they didn't. I don't use either as anytimes, except for when bashing keepdoors.

nice attitude there :rolleyes:
theres a difference in hwo you play your specs

Of course there is a difference in how you play the spec, but saying that slash is for people who F8, /stick and spam 1 button is very wrong and insulting.

You come across as trying to say playing a flex-specced reaver makes you the most skilled of skilled, a true 1337 playah!

you have proof?
when we get an extra resist, were small to target in RvR and a high base dex?

You have 70 base dex instead of 60 of a Briton or 80 of a Saracen.
You lose 10 str over a Briton - flex is 50% dex, 50% str, so you are not ahead in terms of weaponskill by having 10 higher dex
You lose 10 qui over a Briton, you lose 10 qui over a Saracen - most Flex style bonuses are not huge compared to other style lines and having more qui is a help. Flex style procs are also not base on dps, so again having more qui helps a lot.

You gain 10 INT! WOWOW!

Buffed I (Briton) have 305str, 270con, 305dex, 210qui, so hardly deficient anywhere - and 10 points either way on any of these is not going to make a huge difference to anything.

As for resist, you gain 5% spirit over a Saracen or 5% heat over a Briton. Errr. wow!

how wrong could you be.
http://www.firstcohort.org/html/mod...le=displayimage&album=random&cat=10033&pos=-7
eat your hat plzkthx
and no thats not varience, i have 15+15 flex.

Firstly I'll ignore the 15+15 typo.

But that is not the dps debuff. That is the ABSORB DEBUFF!

I dont want to turn this into a rant and argument.

Nor do I. I was just pointing out that you made several errors in your almighty-know-everything-about-reavers post.

P

Pin

the higher dammage add is at 31 so no difference between 33 and 36.

No.

36 spec!

its entierly you call, if you value the dammage debuff go 36 spec then.

Abs debuff and dps debuff both at 35. And you already stated how great these are.

41 is better than 36 + 20 parry because at 41 you get the last aoe DD chant and the lvl 41 lifetap shout. both if which imo are vital for a reaver.

why would the DD aura be vital? It hits for crap damage, breaks mezzes and is only really useful for interrupting or uncovering stealthers. Whether it's hitting for 25 or 30 is not going to make a blind bit of difference.

The lifetap is more of a difference, but it's still on a 30s recast, it's still only going to hit for 15 more damage and return 12hp more. Yes, you get 4.5% less resists with it.

IMO the relative advantage gained from a higher level of parry outweigh the higher level dps debuff UNLESS your going to take SR up to 41 for hte last lifetap.

So 5 points of parry (2.5%) outweigh the higher dps debuff, abs debuff, damage add and dot, but the higher DD aura and lifetap outweigh 14 points of parry (7%) ?

okaaaay

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Pin
No.

36 spec!

the herald is wrong im 99% sure.
although i cant show this as spell lvls arn;t printed in game people on reaver class foums state that 33 is cookie cutter spec. and DAoC catacombs also say that they are at 33 spec.

So 5 points of parry (2.5%) outweigh the higher dps debuff, abs debuff, damage add and dot, but the higher DD aura and lifetap outweigh 14 points of parry (7%) ?

okaaaay [/B][/QUOTE]

the other bits i cba replying too as he lvl of SR between 41 and 33 is up to you and wheather you want the debuffs AoE's ( that dont break mes) or the extra parry (bugged im RvR)

the screenie i posted, i meant the absorb debuff in my first post, just mis-typed it as DPS debuff.

Tilda

P

Pin

the herald is wrong im 99% sure.
although i cant show this as spell lvls arn;t printed in game people on reaver class foums state that 33 is cookie cutter spec. and DAoC catacombs also say that they are at 33 spec.

99% sure = you are wrong, it's at 36 spec. Show me ANYWHERE that says 33 is cookie-cuter. And show me where it says on the Catacombs aswell...

The only think at 31 is the proc buff, and the only thing at 33 is the DD aura.

the other bits i cba replying too as he lvl of SR between 41 and 33 is up to you and wheather you want the debuffs AoE's ( that dont break mes) or the extra parry (bugged im RvR)

????

So you still recommend taking 33 to get the extra parry (bugged in RvR - actually, only grouped RvR, but anyway) over the debuffAoEs (that don't break mezz).

And taking 41 over 36 soul is nothing to do with the aoe debuffs, it it merely the 15 points extra lifetap and the 5 points extra DD aura.

the screenie i posted, i meant the absorb debuff in my first post, just mis-typed it as DPS debuff.

Your original post said BOTH dps and abs.

T

Tilda

[BLev + dps buff + absorb debuff hits bloody hard, that is why i ave absorb debuff on my main Qbar.
[/B]

sorry that was me not making it clear, or you mis-reading it.

selt insta DPS buff
absorb aoe debuff

had i meant aoe dps debuff i would have said so ( i hope :p )

the DPS insta add thing, i was wrong about it, it is at 36 spec, i was getting confused between that and the lifetap proc buff. :(

Tilda

G

Garaen

Is this a competition to see who has the biggest dick or somthing? /yawn.

Tilda face it, you are waffling shite and Pin has put you in your place, digging a deeper hole springs to mind. :sleeping:

P

Pin

sorry that was me not making it clear, or you mis-reading it.

okay, mis-read that bit (as I call it a damage add, not dps buff)

anyway, I still maintain my view that the extra parry is much more useful (the way I play) than the lifetap and extra DD aura.

Users who are viewing this thread