Really awesome pictures thread

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pack it in please guys - let's get back to nice pictures, purlease!!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Taken with J5 not the Z6 last summer - this year i am making a calendar for friends and family of my favourite pics from my old camera - next year I will do the same but using the pictures from the 12 months from which i got my new system. DSC_3427.png

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The arm holding the car gives me great confidence.

Yoni

The waterfront where I live facing out on to Södermalm from Östermalm - sadly it was a stormy day (thunder and lightning later) if you zoom in over the little grey boat building to the right you can see the rain splatter quite clearly

_DSC4345-Pano.png

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
The waterfront where I live facing out on to Södermalm from Östermalm - sadly it was a stormy day (thunder and lightning later) if you zoom in over the little grey boat building to the right you can see the rain splatter quite clearly

View attachment 42220

You live in Östermalm? You rich girl.

Yoni

I live between Karlaplan and stadion so not necessarily

Yoni

thankfully there were no blue skies today so I got out with my camera to scout out a different area - still close to my home but I want an area that will look good in autum and although this pic is not from the forest area this area will be super cool in a few weeks... the trees have started to turn here already so ill go back in a few weeks..

_DSC5740.png

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
7736EC29-E29C-42BA-B064-B7E360AE5B4A.jpeg

photoshopping the sky to make it more dramatic might make it better. But i dont have that skill lol

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
My little boy Dexter shortly after I got him last year.

DSC_4702_smaller.jpg

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
The day we brought the little bugger home.

Image might be a bit big sorry, JPG made from a 105MB RAW image.

DSC_1165.jpg

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
it would be easier to use filters in lightroom Moriath try that before PS :). Do you take in JPEG, RAW or both?
RAW. This is an export from the RAW. :). Do you have some good filters for lightroom? I use classic not the newer one as there seems to be less flexibility in the newer one.

Yoni

I would just use a graduated filter with a luminescent mask

Yoni

yes it is with a luminescent mask

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
good capture. Did you drop it or was it falling? Looks like yr further into autumn that we are. Love autumn :)

Yoni

It was falling - I am not coordinated enough or tall enough to drop and take a photo

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Is it easy to just limit it to the sky? Guess i have to run off to google now :)

Lightroom is somewhat limited for major work, but as already mentioned just using the grad filter then any problem areas you could just dodge/burn to lighten/darken etc can save time.

Tweaking the Highlights can also bring down the sky and expose more clouds too sometimes. heres a before and after, JUST using the highlights slider..certainly with RAW files it can drag out details you might think were blown out.

I used to spend ages tweaking and changing mine, I try to follow the same flow now, then save them as presets. since the workflow is similar it can save a ton fo time, very handy for removing things like dust spots on the sensor too.. since its always int he same place, ever shot will have it. Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 14.04.55.pngScreenshot 2020-09-07 at 14.05.40.png

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lightroom is somewhat limited for major work, but as already mentioned just using the grad filter then any problem areas you could just dodge/burn to lighten/darken etc can save time.

Tweaking the Highlights can also bring down the sky and expose more clouds too sometimes. heres a before and after, JUST using the highlights slider..certainly with RAW files it can drag out details you might think were blown out.

I used to spend ages tweaking and changing mine, I try to follow the same flow now, then save them as presets. since the workflow is similar it can save a ton fo time, very handy for removing things like dust spots on the sensor too.. since its always int he same place, ever shot will have it. View attachment 42458View attachment 42459
I have a standard apply button that does some stuff. Like correct for lens and stuff. Sometimes the sky is a problem cause the settings you need for the land make the sky too light. I have to work out how i can mask parts of the picture so the changes only apply to that :).

thanks for the info. And i like the picture.

Yoni

To be honest I spend a lot of time trying to learn from professional photographers and I do not really trust pictures from those that I know are expert in photoshop and composite photography. As I have said I want to see pictures that convey the atmosphere surrounding the photographer at the time they took the photo - there is nothing interesting to me about a composite photo or one that that has been created to generate likes on instagram or facebook. The worst photos to me are those that are completely over processed and sure this happens in lightroom when you are learning - when I look back many years I shudder at the photos I made and processed...and as I learn new techniques I am also aware that I can over do it and then when I look back if I cringe I process the image again.

I like the fact that Lightroom is limiting - there comes a time when what you are doing is not actively taking a photograph but manufacturing using technology a picture that you may enjoy as an individual but it is not my cup of tea...

For example photographers I love are people like Mark Littlejohn and Nigel Danson, Adam Gibbs, Morten Hilmer and Michael Shainblum (for astro). I have just unsubscribed to Mads Peter Iversen as he just plays too much although his picture of comet Neowise was impressive - it is a shame as when he does "realistic" photography (ie non composite) his photos are really so good. Gavin Hardcastle and Michael Shainblum push my bounderies a little too much at times as well BUT Gavin Hardcastles vlogs are very very funny and both have some really good teachable moments.

What is considered good photography is so subjective there is room for all however for me I want to see awesome pictures - an awesome picture in my world doesn't even need to be pin sharp - composition or capturing something brilliant is just as important.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Personally, I feel like if a photo has had any post processing it's no longer really a graph depicting photons of light as detected.

:)

Yoni

That will be all photos from a photographer then as they shoot in raw - in order for you to look at them they require post processing 🙄.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Personally, I feel like if a photo has had any post processing it's no longer really a graph depicting photons of light as detected.

:)
You have to correct for lens defects and distortion

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This is a screen grab from a recent video I made.
The gopro8 software is setup to make killer scenery shots as standard.

Screenshot_2020-09-11-17-14-49.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-11-17-14-49.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-17-14-49.png
    2 MB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom