Really awesome pictures thread

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I have to share because out of all of the photo's taken at Borås Animal Park I love this one the most - there are two others that make me laugh outloud but this one just makes me grin ..... maybe it is ginger solidarity who knows

_DSC3551.png

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm the other way - it should be a criminal offence to keep primates in zoos :(

Yoni

Depends how they got there and how they are looked after tbh - there are some exeptional animal parks in the world - for example on Feurteventura it is a haven for smuggled animals that were brough to the Canaries - the one in Estonia however was criminal which is why I have no photos from there. The parks in Sweden are similar to Feurta where possible they move the animals back either to their environments OR to establishements that are better able to take care of them - this was done with the polar bears in Kölmården a few years ago. By supporting these places we enable good animal parks to give the best care possible. So although yes it is better to keep animals in their own environments .... humans suck by removing them and they are then hopefully rescued and looked after.... not everything is black and white.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
not everything is black and white.
Totally agree.

I'd put it this way: it's the responsibility of mankind to stop destroying ecosystems. We should be crimimally responsible for that.

In the pragmatic case that animals need rehoming temporarily before rehabilitation/reintroduction into the wild then, on the conservation basis alone, that is not ideal but acceptable. << only case for zoos

(As an aside, lots of zoos, however, say that's what they're for, but don't actually contribute that way in anything other than lip service).

And to @Wij's point - if it's the *only* way these animals can survive - i.e. there are zero homes left in the wild to reintroduce/free them then we've failed and we should put the last remaining few down rather than keep them in captivity as slaves for our entertainment.

Then we should put ourselves down for utterly failing to be responsible guardians of the natural world.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Have a look at Monkey World, they do a huge amount of good work...and technically a zoo. It would obviously better if it wasn't necessary though.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Totally agree.

I'd put it this way: it's the responsibility of mankind to stop destroying ecosystems. We should be crimimally responsible for that.

In the pragmatic case that animals need rehoming temporarily before rehabilitation/reintroduction into the wild then, on the conservation basis alone, that is not ideal but acceptable. << only case for zoos

(As an aside, lots of zoos, however, say that's what they're for, but don't actually contribute that way in anything other than lip service).

And to @Wij's point - if it's the *only* way these animals can survive - i.e. there are zero homes left in the wild to reintroduce/free them then we've failed and we should put the last remaining few down rather than keep them in captivity as slaves for our entertainment.

Then we should put ourselves down for utterly failing to be responsible guardians of the natural world.
And by not having kids, youre doing that to your family tree

So well done.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And by not having kids, youre doing that to your family tree

So well done.

My family tree goes back to 1200, I think that's long enough (Also someone who has not and does not want kids)

Yoni

95 on the attachment but huge (over 400 mb) as a tif and it says to contact you and as it is an insignificant issue and I know the file is massive I didnt :) ... Your work | Adobe Creative Cloud full image is here

Attachments

• _DSC4527-Pano.png
    95.1 MB · Views: 12

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just shrink a version and post it? If it's lolzroffles resolution then it won't be viewable on phones anyway?

Edit: ah @Yoni :)

Still loading on my welsh internet tho. 95meg is still ridiculous :eek:

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. Actually, having viewed it, very nice. But a ten meg version would have sufficed, no?

20191019_103427.jpg

Yoni

No because the detail is lost.... when did you become such an arrogant asshat?

Normally when I look at photographs I do not do it on a mobile even though my site is set up to do so - as you continually point out this is a "really awesome picture thread" so it makes sense to look at it on a pc to get the benefit of the pictures not on a mobile or social media where pictures can become horribly distorted.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just shrink a version and post it? If it's lolzroffles resolution then it won't be viewable on phones anyway?

Edit: ah @Yoni :)

Still loading on my welsh internet tho. 95meg is still ridiculous :eek:
People can upload/post whatever size/type of picture they want, I set the server limits.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No because the detail is lost.... when did you become such an arrogant asshat?
When did you become such a butthurt reactionary emo?

What's "arrogant" about questioning a desire post a photo that's best part of half a gig and to keep a forum useable.

I haven't mentioned that it'd be nice if you posted your work in-line so they display properly like all the other pictures.

At the moment you seem to have a scouse-stick in your arse and you read my posts and automatically react like I'm being nasty to you. Chill the eff out Yoni...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
When did you become such a butthurt reactionary emo?

What's "arrogant" about questioning a desire post a photo that's best part of half a gig and to keep a forum useable.

I haven't mentioned that it'd be nice if you posted your work in-line so they display properly like all the other pictures.

At the moment you seem to have a scouse-stick in your arse and you read my posts and automatically react like I'm being nasty to you. Chill the eff out Yoni...
Half a gig? It is 99meg or so.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
People can upload/post whatever size/type of picture they want, I set the server limits.
Absolutely.

But the thread would run better if we could actually see the pictures in-line, no?

I like to look at Yoni's pictures (and everyone's posts) - and in my opinion, it'd be nice to be able to see them in-line.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Absolutely.

But the thread would run better if we could actually see the pictures in-line, no?

I like to look at Yoni's pictures (and everyone's posts) - and in my opinion, it'd be nice to be able to see them in-line.
Yes and I am working with @Yoni to figure out what went wrong when she initially tried to embed it. I tried it in my test area and it worked for me but I maybe overriding group permissions as I am an admin. Needs more testing my end.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Half a gig? It is 99meg or so.
I get you're being protective - but her first post was a link to adobe creative cloud saying "too big to upload".

Yeah, the thread is a bit fucked with argument but the spirit of it is: you log on, you look at the thread, you can see the pictures people have posted, no?

Edit: And 500 meg photos would make the page a fucking horrible thing to load, so please don't? Why not post a smaller more useable photo and provide a link?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I get you're being protective - but her first post was a link to adobe creative cloud saying "too big to upload".

Yeah, the thread is a bit fucked with argument but the spirit of it is: you log on, you look at the thread, you can see the pictures people have posted, no?
Fuck me, I am trying to figure out why @Yoni had to use an external service instead of being able to embed the image. There are more worrying things happening around you/us than an image in a thread about images.

Yoni

Seriously just check yourself - heh as for Deebs protecting me ? *shakes head* - Deebs learnt a very long time ago that he doesn’t need to.

Yoni

For those of you on a PC this image was taken this morning it is smaller than yesterday but that was I think 27 photos this one is 12. Thank you @Deebs for fixing it.

Attachments

• _DSC4599-HDR-Pano.tif
    198.7 MB · Views: 9

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
For those of you on a PC this image was taken this morning it is smaller than yesterday but that was I think 27 photos this one is 12. Thank you @Deebs for fixing it.
Thanks @Yoni for helping me diagnose the issue. Glad we got it sorted as it was bugging me.

For those on a phone/slow internet it is 197.8MB as detailed in the attachment listing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
OK. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I like @Yoni's pictures. I'd like to see them in-line like all the other photo's in the thread - so we can just open the thread and see the pics. But if it's big, then it won't work - so if you're editing pics anyway, save a small version for in-line viewing and link a big 20TB version if you like?

Best of both worlds is all I'm after - and if you go through the thread you can see that. If @Yoni hadn't auto-reacted to that by calling me an "arrogant asshat" then the rest of this wouldn't have ensued...

Anyway, last reply from me on that as this page is a wall of text.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
OK. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

I like @Yoni's pictures. I'd like to see them in-line like all the other photo's in the thread - so we can just open the thread and see the pics. But if it's big, then it won't work - so if you're editing pics anyway, save a small version for in-line viewing and link a big 20TB version if you like?

Best of both worlds is all I'm after - and if you go through the thread you can see that. If @Yoni hadn't auto-reacted to that by calling me an "arrogant asshat" then the rest of this wouldn't have ensued...

Anyway, last reply from me on that as this page is a wall of text.

Well you do act like an arse a lot of the time Yoni posts anything so it's no wonder you get that reaction

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom