Real Master Level Info (spoilers)

F

Flimgoblin

What people have found so far (taken from VN etc.)

Battlemaster:
ML1 - Sapping Strike
melee style, high end cost, high damage, high to-hit, medium defensive penalty.

50% end drain on whoever you hit with it.

Stormlord:
ML1 - Dazzling Array

Long cast time (20s) ground target cloud.
Pulses every 6s and either buffs friendlies with an "enemy misses more" buff or debuffs enemies with a "you miss more" debuff, not entirely sure which way around it is :) effectively it makes your friends harder to hit.

Perfector:
ML1 - Group Cure Disease
4-5s cast time, 10% mana.

Banelord:
ML1 - (Zone of Unmana??)
Pbaoe shout that decreases enemy caster casting speed.
Usable every 5 minutes, lasts about 10-15 seconds on the enemy.

Warlord:
ML1 - Siege Mastery
no delve, assumed that it speeds up siege use.

Sojourner:
ML1 - Unburdened Warrior
Increases max encumberance (by 1/3 apparently)

Convoker
ML1 - Summon wood
100 wood on a 5 minute timer.

Spymaster
ML1 - Pick Pocket
Group gets more gold (20%).

D

Driwen

flimgoblin hope you mean increase enemy casting time? As decrease technically means that if it was 2 secs for him it now would be 1.5 secs for example. Dont know why I would want to do that :p.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by driwen
flimgoblin hope you mean increase enemy casting time? As decrease technically means that if it was 2 secs for him it now would be 1.5 secs for example. Dont know why I would want to do that :p.

bah meant speed ;)

E

Elric IA

Increase speed to me means make it faster so decresing speed makes it slower thus increasing the cast time. Basically looks like the Banelord ability is to hinder casters and healers

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Elric IA
Increase speed to me means make it faster so decresing speed makes it slower thus increasing the cast time. Basically looks like the Banelord ability is to hinder casters and healers

aye I'd said decreased casting time, meant decrease casting speed - it's edited now you don't have to worry.

T

Tesla Monkor

Battlemaster:
ML1 - Sapping Strike
melee style, high end cost, high damage, high to-hit, medium defensive penalty.

50% end drain on whoever you hit with it.

The cost of this style is 1/4th or 1/3rd of your OWN end bar. Reports are not clear on this point - but it's an expensive style to pull off.

--

Banelord:
ML1 - (Zone of Unmana??)

It has a /very/ long casting time. Think 'Let's summon my necro-servant'-type of wait. Casters benefit from faster casting through dex, non-casters don't. (At this moment)

--

Convoker
ML1 - Summon wood

The wood is non-tradable and non-sellable. (Also, if you are a spellcrafter or alchemist, this ML will be completely useless to you.)

C

civy

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

Perfector:
ML1 - Group Cure Disease
4-5s cast time, 10% mana.

and there goes the last viable cabbie spec line.

S

Silenzio

cept one all wothless crap :((

seems that assassin clas in toa r view like gold farmer

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

A paladin with sapping strike would be ... yum! :D

Is it a style you can reuse as often as you want or is it on a timer?

R

razorboy

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Banelord:
ML1 - (Zone of Unmana??)

It has a /very/ long casting time. Think 'Let's summon my necro-servant'-type of wait. Casters benefit from faster casting through dex, non-casters don't. (At this moment)

Reports say its quick-castable, so 2sec casting time.

N

-Nxs-

I think its a good idea to add content like this into the game - its just a shame you need to spend real cash to get the addon that allows it, having said that your only looking at one addon a year so far, and im sure most people would get it as an xmass pressy or something anyway, its not that expensive.

Nice ideas, and something new in the game for people that are bored to acomplish.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by razorboy
Reports say its quick-castable, so 2sec casting time.

quickcast _should_ only half the casting time...

O

old.Kerosene

100 wood every 5 mins? Depending what kind of wood you get that could prove quite lucrative, especially for crafters who have nothing better to do that spam 'Summon Wood' then sell the wood in between crafts.

O

old.Ramas

The siege mastery ability seems to be a 20% siege acceleration according those who have it and have tested it.

A number of people are saying 30% - but I think they are lunatics still assuming the leaked list is gospel.

Zone of unmana I'm seeing regular reports of 15 seconds being the base cast time - bear in mind that dex/mota can drop that to around 8 sec and so QC will therefore be 4 seconds. I presume the idea is that you cast it at strategic positions before the battle gets there (lord rooms, inner doors, mile gates, etc). /shrug

Summon wood gives you 'mystic' boards. 'mystic' boards are not used in any craft recipe I know of, so it's useless to crafters, this ability is strictly for door repair. Given any guild will have multiple people on each path, I don't see much of a market for mystic boards taking off.

D

Driwen

The wood is tradable/sellable though? If it isnt than all it can be used for is repairing doors, but even then it is handy. Get a craft alt who can become convoker and then during crafting summon wood till you have as much as you can handle. After that repairing your guild doors should be slightly less expensive.

It will most likely just save the cost on repairing doors and not adding more money to the players economy, except for the money which normally would have been spend of course.

N

-Nxs-

http://haldar.newmail.ru/daoc/newma.gif

Im suprised no one pasted this link from the IRC channel yet, Im actualy pretty concerned here that these ML's are just another set of realm abilaties, they mentioned that ML will only move your character "horizontaly" check out the link - i dont think this is the case.

S

scarffs

I'm sorry to say this, but have you lookd at the spymaster range ?
Pbaoe mez mine ? DoT mine ? Doppelganger ?
Long live the stealth zerg.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Iits just a shame you need to spend real cash to get the addon that allows it
Yes.

Mythic should work for nothing, and give us new content for free.

</sarcasm>

H

Hyuga Hinata

Spymaster
Blanket of Camouflage - Short range group stealth.

Well that's nice. :rolleyes:

T

the_smurflord

Originally posted by Hyuga Hinata
Spymaster
Blanket of Camouflage - Short range group stealth.

Well that's nice. :rolleyes:

And don't forget there are two abilities, one for stealthers, one for casters, to reveal stealthed players. I'd wager this group stealth is a pretty low level of stealth and easily seen through, short range and short duration.

Quite pleased with this list actually. Some very nice abilities, but most have counter-abilities somewhere in the list.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by svartmetall
Yes.

Mythic should work for nothing, and give us new content for free.

</sarcasm>

What about the monthly fee you pay

T

the_smurflord

Say that TOA costs £20.
At least £7-8 of that will go to the retailer.
Another £3-4 to the distributors and manufacturers of the CD.
£3.50 will go in VAT to the government.
Leaving about £5-6 for GOA per copy.

Given the staff costs to translate and prepare this version of TOA, the purchase of new server hardware for 10 servers needed to run TOA, plus the staff costs to implement and maintain it all, I don't think GOA will be earning huge amounts of cash from it. They'll make a small profit, probably, but I can certainly see why they charge for it.

As for the monthly fee, that easily goes on server maintainence, network infrastructure (any idea how much their pipe costs on a monthly basis?) and of course the biggest killers, wages and building rental.

All in all it's still one of the cheapest mmorpgs out there. With planetside and SWG coming in at £12 and £15 a month respectively, DAOC seems cheap.

O

old.Bubble

hehe savage group inc! Gate to Bind stone!!

BO are gunna be pissed :D

R

razorboy

what if a group member does that every time ur winning a fight 'cause he thought he was losing? :rolleyes:

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

Convoker
ML1 - Summon wood

I can just imagine...*wavey ripple effect on screen*

MIDDY1: INC!

MIDDY2: AH! GETTING A BEATING HERE!!

MIDDY3: DO SOMETHING!!

MIDDY4 summons wood.

MIDDY3: ...

MIDDY2: Sigh...

MIDDY1: Ehehe heehe...

T

the_smurflord

Just get Kyra to do "teh wiggle" in front of the group. Should summon enough wood. :)

O

old.Tyraette

Originally posted by the_smurflord
Just get Kyra to do "teh wiggle" in front of the group. Should summon enough wood. :)

lmao

Users who are viewing this thread