Read this before posting in RvR section, imo...

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox
I can remember when I started RvRing and had loads of fun. It wasn't only fun when we had won a fight but even when we died I had a great time everytime we left DL for emain. It was the time when the word 'zerg' didn't exist cause every realm was running one. It was also the time when I didn't know about daoc IRC channels and the BW forum.

Now a lot of things have changed. Fun? The only fun I gain is when my group wins or after a really really nice fight (which usually involves winning otherwise it wouldn't be nice). Sometimes when I play nowadays and lose (no matter if the enemies just played better or had superior numbers) I get so worked up about it to a point the game changes from fun to a burden. It is this very moment I am starting to do/say things that I usually regret 10 mins later simply because it is not me.
I am not saying that I don't enjoy the game anymore in general but I think addiction has become a major factor why I still play this game and I doubt I am alone in this matter. Due to my irl situation (finishing my university degree soon) I won't be able to play regularly in the future; not sure yet if I will quit or if I gonna join the ranks of the "Casual Players".

How does GOL fit in here?
Well the reason why I wrote this post in first place was my personal crusade against GOL and some of its members over the past few weeks. We probably have different oppinions on how the game should be played and that is ok. But trying to denounce your guild for not playing after MY rules was stupid. Eventhough a certain dislike for the members of the enemy realm is part of the game mechanics it is not necessary to disrespect them. The 'goal' of every game is to have fun - and GOL is doing better at this aspect of the game than I do atm and maybe I am a bit jealous about this.

I know that flaming and ranting isnt anything unusual for an online game. Nonetheless I want to apologise with GOL and its members as the flamewar originated from my own dissatisfaction with the game.

I still have my own views on how the game should be played but in future I will refrain from imposing it on other players with different oppinions - be it in my own or in another realm. To further increase my enjoyment of the game once again I will not be on IRC anymore while I am in-game and will only post in positive forum threads (except savage whine threads :D).

merry christmas to all daoc players - and cu in emain!

p.s. please spare me any semi-witty comments - if you don't have anything productive to post better not do it at all
I cant say it any better myself so I stole Gaba's post to Gol from BW...
Im hoping ppl will read this and have a little more respect for fellow gamers...

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Robin the Brave said:
Moral of the story, GoL > DH? :p

oh and of course, Merry Christmas
Did you miss the point completly?

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
was a very good post by teh garb imo, will be a shame if he takes a back seat tho, all realms need leaders of some form :clap: :clap:

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
surpised it takes some people so long to figure this out ^^;

Ailyn

Loyal Freddie
I think that post is one of those things he regrets 10 minutes afterwards ;p

And gol realy plays the game how it was supposed to be played ;) BIG BATTLES !!.. so plz start teh Zergs from all realms again, so midgard can bring our retired army of Aehammers of massdestruction thanes to the frontier again! :clap:

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Afternoon Tea said:
I respect someone who has the balls to post something like that.
I agree, especially in a place like BW...

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
MesS° said:
I agree, especially in a place like BW...

The post by G is pretty nice indeed.
Of course, it must be viewed in the context it was written in. Claiming right now that GoL leads zergs, etc is a bit silly really. But the general idea you try to promote is nice Mess :fluffle:
Shame I won't be able to think nicely of some people :)
But I will try a bit harder :wij:
Regards, Glottis

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Good original post ! Sometimes people like to blame everyone but themselves for things..... although its still beers fault that i do this :puke:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
nice post by Garba, i have been feeling like that for quite a while now :) just not as good at wording it.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
*cough*

Sorry about the bump, I just read this again and felt it needed to be shared. And lol at that my first post in FH actually beeing a quote from BW. xD

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
what is up with all this 2-year old threads bumping?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
MesS° said:
Sorry about the bump, I just read this again and felt it needed to be shared.

2 years down the line and nothing has changed. It's now proven beyond doubt that if you combine an inadequate personality, an on-line game and the impunity that comes from being safely tucked away behind a pc, you end up with the kind of specimens that regularly dis-grace these boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom