RA's for Hunters ???

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
hey all,

well i know this has prolly been done to death but here it is again, i know that most say go down the ip,purge,ts route but i was wonderin if ne1 had a good argument for this or had any variations at all... for the starting ra's ofc.
it's just when i start a new class i like to have most things planned out and this is my first archer class so any help would be super duper :clap:

cheers in advance

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
The main thing with hunters is that is always seems to be to many RA's to buy and not enough RP's. The RA's you get really depend on how you think you are going to play and also spec.

If you are going to be solo'ing lots then one or the first RA's that I would choose is True sight. It's great for getting your initial realm points, also you can use it to clear milegates. A hunters worst enemy is assasins, offense is the best defence, so truesight them. Truesight is also great for stealther groups enables you to take out more than your own number and will make people more interested in grouping with you.

Purge is the next thing i would go for, fighting assasins you'll get dragonfanged lots, pretty much almost every fight 1on1, purge will give you a chance, I would then stock up on passives until i could afford IP and respec to that. Later on AP is fantastic, but i'd go for that after the others, AP and IP is loads of realm points but are a godly combo.

If you are grouping with guild groups and non-stealthers, then truesight is still the most group friendly thing you can do. IP and purge are less important so go for things that will help your group most and that is your bow, get falcon eye to increase your critshots and other passives

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Always the keep take/defence option long-shot and Volley racks up the RP's as well.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Its all down to how you want to play, if you have a BB then with the melee skills (IP ect) you stand a good chance of defeating your foes, without a BB even with these skill life will be hard.

i was going to mention longshot and volley too, they are useful for keep defence/attack and i know when people use it on us it causes havok, not sure if it has the same effect when i use it on you.
l/s is often unserestimated, it can only be used every 5 minutes but its great for that final longrange shot and also ignores BT. (faverate use is shooting the fleeeing necro after his pet dies)

Or you could go for the general enhancers that assist your training, aud dex 2(4 points), falcons eye and MoP (1 point each for level 1).

purge is useful but quite often you will purge one only to be hit by another type.

True sight is nice and very useful but only once every half hour.

Best advise is just to go with what you fancy and take all advise with a pinch of salt <grin>

See you in the frontier.

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
many thanks for the constructive points, im hopin to play mostly solo as i think that is what the hunter was made for, with purge i have avioded it on my shade as i feel if u get df'd then ur pretty much in trouble neway, i may go for ts then try and frontload my damage so i can kill the things i hit faster.
thanks again and hope to see u soon as poss in the frontiers :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
imo theres only 3 main RA's to get and all pricey. TS, Purge and IP.

I'd personaly get Volley if I didn't want TS, GTAE will pop peoples stealth but might bite more then you can chew if theres like fg :p

Purge best defence against debuffs and stuns such as slame and dragonrang and CC spells also.

AP is very nice, yet only when high, I've AP1 at rr3L9, and its a waste as a starting RA, arguably you get the bonus of more con with aug con3 for it but still, very expensive for a low RR player.

And IP is a great tool when you like to solo , and not too keen on /releasing most fights ;P

I had planned on respecing for Volley, TS, Purge and then pile on passives, then AP3, but cba to go up against teh stealthzeeerg anymore ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom