random whine at heretics

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
allowing them to be @#%Eing annoying at range with that unintreruptible from range focus beams while making them able to sustain heavy dmg in melee is a bit over the top

they should lose PD and/or spec af buffs... there is no joy to hit with melee a 900af class with pd4 ontop god dammit...

for example: 123(-69) dmg with briliant blade on a battlered heretic :eek7:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
allowing them to be @#%Eing annoying at range with that unintreruptible from range focus beams while making them able to sustain heavy dmg in melee is a bit over the top

they should lose PD and/or spec af buffs... there is no joy to hit with melee a 900af class with pd4 ontop god dammit...

comes from someone who plays a ranger an vamp :eek7:

Corran

Part of the furniture
anioal said:

But stun nuking, insta dps debuff interupting, etc etc etc is fine? :p

And tic easily interupted and made useless if they spec'd as a caster. banelord interupts, most debuffs interupt etc, and their damage aint great so they need to be able to survive to have a chance to kill things

E

Eruptix

Corran said:
But stun nuking, insta dps debuff interupting, etc etc etc is fine? :p

And tic easily interupted and made useless if they spec'd as a caster. banelord interupts, most debuffs interupt etc, and their damage aint great so they need to be able to survive to have a chance to kill things
maybe thats why ppl run em as interrupt machine's rather then as killing machines?

oh and most debuffs interrupt?rly?

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
heard of dot's? use them interrupt on every tic on a heretic

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Heritic can be very formidable for sure in 1 vs 1. Some of my best fights and hardest i had against heretics. remember an awesome fight against haxen that it felt both did everything there is to do( short of taking up our spare Apache helicopter and start nuking:p) But i think they are a nice class,,,its just that rr5 that can be a tad anoying at times:p
over and....ow yes...out.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:

Vamps need pow and dementia spec to get high resists
Dementia spec isn't either
a) fotm
b) easy to play compared to VE or SM

Rangers have no were near the sort of abs/af that heretics do, infact they have the same as a scout, which you play.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Vamps need pow and dementia spec to get high resists
Dementia spec isn't either
a) fotm
b) easy to play compared to VE or SM

Rangers have no were near the sort of abs/af that heretics do, infact they have the same as a scout, which you play.

Rangers is alot better then a scout tbh.. A ranger should not lose to a scout.. How hard is it to get power on a vamp? :eek7:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Most Vamps are cannon fodder unless they come back powered up from their PvE trip after they lost to spam claw.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:
Rangers is alot better then a scout tbh.. A ranger should not lose to a scout.. How hard is it to get power on a vamp? :eek7:

You were not comparing a ranger to a scout
The OP was complaining about Tic dmg reduction and you posted the standard FH response
"You play class X and Y"
So considering that the topic was Tic's dmg reduction capabilities
So what dmg reduction does a ranger have that a scout doesnt?

Vamps high end Dem resists cost alot of power, and vamps wear leather, making them vulnerable to elemental damage and crush damage
being a cloth wearer, heretics have no vulnerabilities, unlike with a vamp, pulling out a heater or using crush weapons will give you no extra damage
not that I could care less if they nerfed vamps too

tic.JPG

thats a regular shot on a heretic, normally I hit cloth wearers for 4 to 500 damage, 110 damage even after I debuffed his AF with the ML10 bow
that may seem balanced to you, but forgive me if I think its typical of the bulshit that mythic adds to sell expansions

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
The OP was complaining about Tic dmg reduction and you posted the standard FH response
"You play class X and Y"

Vamps high end Dem resists cost alot of power, and vamps wear leather, making them vulnerable to elemental damage and crush damage
being a cloth wearer, heretics have no vulnerabilities, unlike with a vamp, pulling out a heater or using crush weapons will give you no extra damage

tic.JPG

thats a regular shot on a heretic, normally I hit cloth wearers for 4 to 500 damage, 110 damage even after I debuffed his AF with the ML10 bow
that may seem balanced to you, but forgive me if I think its typical of the bulshit that mythic adds to sell expansions

overall is rangers still op with dw.. They are allmost light tanks with stealth.. an fumble debuff with no imune timer isnt op right? so because vamps use leather they are not op? you ever tryet fighting a vamp with out high shield spec?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:
overall is rangers still op with dw.. They are allmost light tanks with stealth..

I give up
The topic was Heretic's dmg reduction, you wanna talk about DW vs shield?
Why not bring shield vs bow into the discussion?

Eeben said:
an fumble debuff with no imune timer isnt op right? so because vamps use leather they are not op? you ever tryet fighting a vamp with out high shield spec?

I'm not gonna defend any catacombs class tbh, even if it is in the same realm that I play in. But thats the diff between me and you, I'm not gonna defend OP'ed crap just because its in my realm.
But fumble debuffs without an immunity timer, that's kinda like DT no?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:
Most Vamps are cannon fodder unless they come back powered up from their PvE trip after they lost to spam claw.

Nice fight we had in Odins, tho my tricks on ranger >>> your tricks on heretic :p

Nerf that EPlant bollocks tho, need to kill a heretic twice with that crap and a heal-potion or two :<

Generally I find tics alot easier on my Vampiir then on my Ranger, dunno how it is possible most tics seem to rape vamps oO

Anyhow, atm Im levelling a heretic, will see how it goes from the other side :)

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
Nice fight we had in Odins, tho my tricks on ranger >>> your tricks on heretic :p

Nerf that EPlant bollocks tho, need to kill a heretic twice with that crap and a heal-potion or two :<

Generally I find tics alot easier on my Vampiir then on my Ranger, dunno how it is possible most tics seem to rape vamps oO

Anyhow, atm Im levelling a heretic, will see how it goes from the other side :)

you are bored xD

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
anioal said:

1. They aint that good melee
2. If you have trouble with them in FG fights, get everything on it till its down.
3. Dont let them focus you to death - bad idea :wanker:

B

Betrayal

Aiteal said:
"You play class X and Y"

tic.JPG

If I recall right, tics have better thrust / pierce protection, so using keen / blunt arrows (mariasha ^^) should provide an increase in damage, also not sure what bow spec you have (prolly ~35 or less?) but at least ~200+ should be numbers (tho never shoot a tic meself, but can try some tests with VF tic), I see ~300 - 300+ on heavy tanks (warriors / heroes) with mariasha arrows and 45+14 lb and 369 dex.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
anioal said:

may i ask if the heretic you died to was Aurora? :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i find them no worse or no less OP than anything else. tbh. a good class. They can kite kill if they wanna play it ghey which suxs a bit but like in straight dick swinging they aint like gods or anything.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
I give up
The topic was Heretic's dmg reduction, you wanna talk about DW vs shield?
Why not bring shield vs bow into the discussion?

I'm not gonna defend any catacombs class tbh, even if it is in the same realm that I play in. But thats the diff between me and you, I'm not gonna defend OP'ed crap just because its in my realm.
But fumble debuffs without an immunity timer, that's kinda like DT no?

but there is 10 min reuse time on dt isnt there?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:

Wasn't using heal potions, power pots maybe for CoZ :). Your RR and RAs are out of league for me currently, in addition when I'm solo I have group RAs.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Betrayal said:
If I recall right, tics have better thrust / pierce protection, so using keen / blunt arrows (mariasha ^^) should provide an increase in damage, also not sure what bow spec you have (prolly ~35 or less?) but at least ~200+ should be numbers (tho never shoot a tic meself, but can try some tests with VF tic), I see ~300 - 300+ on heavy tanks (warriors / heroes) with mariasha arrows and 45+14 lb and 369 dex.

tics wear cloth so they are neutral to everything, and also my heretic is specced for group - i miss ~170 AF and 5% abs. don't have high PD either, group ra's :p

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
tics wear cloth so they are neutral to everything, and also my heretic is specced for group - i miss ~170 AF and 5% abs. don't have high PD either, group ra's :p

hmmm..iwsh my vw was that resistant to melee damage tbh.:p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Eruptix said:
maybe thats why ppl run em as interrupt machine's rather then as killing machines?

oh and most debuffs interrupt?rly?

Yes, not going into details but there are certain debuffs that will interupt the tic.

So you got debuffs, pbaoe, banelord, melee and sometimes TWF. Add in amnesia, add in a SUCCESSFUL landing of stun/mezz and then that all break the focus.

And this whine doesnt look like it aimed at being a whine from a group perspective. Decent assist group will take out a tic just as easy as they can take out a defencive heavy tank.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:

go make your personal whine thread against vamps and rangers if that chills you up, this whine is about the fact that hiting a heretic is like hiting a buffed pet god dammit. (the 2 or 3 taunts i did in that fight were in the range of 80-98 after battler debuff and briliant blade is a lvl50 style second in 'from behind chain' and prolly has the best growth rate in blades line)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom