random thoughts...

Ezteq

Queen of OT
it is said that before one dies ones entire life flashes before ones eyes.........

this is my theory...

you know that feeling where something is increadibly familiar even though it is a new experience (de ja vous <sp?>) well, how's this grab you?

this is the point before we die, right now as we are sitting here reading this our real body/self is in actual fact laying somewhere dying, except we dont know that because we are the bit flashing before our eyes, so therefore we are infact having a totally new experience even though we have already been here done this bit, we dont know it because we are just a memory..... our real body somehow transmits thoughts, feelings that could possibly be called memories that we all de ja vous, like when you take a medicene that you know is going to taste bad but youve forgotten just how damn foul it tastes then after a spoon full you think "aw shit i knew that would happen" so when you do something and have that sinking feeling but your not sure why, maybe its because in actual fact you already did it and that sinking feeling is yur true dying self looking back and going "aw nuts, i know how this is gonna turn out" but you cant change it because memories (sadly) are perminant, you cant do bugger all about em.

right thats my random thought, no flaming please chaps this is a place where we can all say those things that have been niggling at us.

so whats yours?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I think you're crazy.

I also think that we relive our lives over and over again in a constant cycle that goes on for all eternity.

For anyone who has seen K-PAX, I thought this up before I saw that movie. :p

anyway, I have no fear of dying. I think it'll be quite a pleasant experience.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you die by a bullet in the head or get hit by a train in the back (dont ask how) i dont think you will have much flashes...

Dillinja said:
I also think that we relive our lives over and over again in a constant cycle that goes on for all eternity.

must be a bitch for those who are born and die a painful death a few minutes (or seconds) later

eternal brutal torture

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
How can it be proven? It's not like dying people say "hold on lads! I see my life flashing before my eyes... <dies>"

It's like the tree falling in a forest, if no one's there to hear it will it make any noise? oO

Dillinja said:
For anyone who has seen K-PAX, I thought this up before I saw that movie. :p

The book is alot better! The first one is good anyway, by the third book he's lost the plot :p

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
I get de ja vous ALOT, like earlier I knew that I had seen what was happening around me before and I knew what everyone was gonna do etc, freak-ay. :p

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Ezteq said:
it is said that before one dies ones entire life flashes before ones eyes.........

this is my theory...

you know that feeling where something is increadibly familiar even though it is a new experience (de ja vous <sp?>) well, how's this grab you?

this is the point before we die, right now as we are sitting here reading this our real body/self is in actual fact laying somewhere dying, except we dont know that because we are the bit flashing before our eyes, so therefore we are infact having a totally new experience even though we have already been here done this bit, we dont know it because we are just a memory..... our real body somehow transmits thoughts, feelings that could possibly be called memories that we all de ja vous, like when you take a medicene that you know is going to taste bad but youve forgotten just how damn foul it tastes then after a spoon full you think "aw shit i knew that would happen" so when you do something and have that sinking feeling but your not sure why, maybe its because in actual fact you already did it and that sinking feeling is yur true dying self looking back and going "aw nuts, i know how this is gonna turn out" but you cant change it because memories (sadly) are perminant, you cant do bugger all about em.

right thats my random thought, no flaming please chaps this is a place where we can all say those things that have been niggling at us.

so whats yours?

Thats an Interesting Theory :D!.If your life is flashing before your eyes what those people are saying is they remember certain phases in there or important events, there all happening in a blink of an eye. The way your sort of putting is that when you have the Flash time actually Slows down and you are like slowly but surely reliving your Life again but there's Fuck all you can do about it and you dont actually know your relivining it. Doomed to make the Same mistakes over and over again like stepping over the Pavement and getting nailed by a Car and Flash back, yet when you get back to the stepping of the Pavement bit you cant stop your self nor do you know its coming :D......... If you were to live your life back surely it would be in a few brief moments before you die, Also if thats the case your body would still techincally be alive for a few secs anyway or possibly a few mins right ? Brain wave patterns would Change surely and thats something that could possible substansiate it? Then again it could be an outter body expierence who's to say xD...well Thats Something to Think about and contemplate anyway!

My Theory Is When you Die, your consciousness goes on how you envisage. If that means you always envisaged a Heaven and hell then you go to the 1 You Feel you deserve to go. An unconscious Choice based on your life and to which you cannot lie about as its to your Self and something your Active mind doesnt decide but Your Unconscious Physce Does. If you Dont believe in a 'God' so to speak then you Carry out your exsitence as you see fit, Whether thats Sitting on an imaginary Beach sipping Drinks with naked women all around thats really up to your self. It Could be to remain As a your Unconscious / conscious Mind Here on Earth or where you live merely watching ppl as they live there lifes < Like when you hear about ghost's and what etc, makes sense to me Anyway > Or You could simply Explore the Cosmos, to do so would take lifetime after Lifetime to explore it all anyway and you've got around 10+ Trillion Years when the Big Anti-bang accours and the Universe Collapses back on it's self and then Nothingness is Bore again only for the Force of the Anti-bang to cause the Big-bang again and poof. The endless Cycle Continues with no questions answered or Asked and who knows who made the Chicken or the Egg in that case if you excuse the example so to speak :). A convergance of Anti- Matter and Matter Collide. Or perhaps a by product of Linear Time Exsisting for So long the build up of what could be called Energy Discharges to Create, so over a 100 trillion billion < + rediculous number> years :D. Yes I know somebody will undoubtedly say, ok who spawned them time then!? then again why imply who and perhaps What ^^. Nobody has all the answers thou, If they did they would either fanish into thin air or Exsistance would end and reappear even more complex and mysteriously : /!

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
like when a friend of mine smoked a joint for the first time, he had a bad trip, he collapsed and had a pale face and was breathing heavily for about 10 seconds, then he stood up again and said "FUCKING HELL??? what happend?? how many hours was i on the floor??"

apparently it lasted a eternity to him, while it were just about 10 seconds...

well i guess that was also the reason why i never did it :rolleyes:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i seen a video where your brain is alive for a while after you die. when your dieing and when your dead, your supposed to experience hallucinations and stuff to calm your body down. thats why near death experience people see a bright tunnel etc.

the brain is weird. why does the brain create an image so we can calm our selves down. isnt that just the brain calming its self down... if so why does it go into shock if has the ability to stop its self.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I´ve read an explanation about this flahsing before your eyes thing (and other close-to-death experiences) a while ago. Basically what they said is, that your brain is kinda panicking, browsing through it´s memory in order to find something to avoid death. There are a couple of chemical processes going on in your body when you die. One for example can be, that you´re in a state of euphoria, to help ignore the pain because pain is a distraction from your attempts to get out of the situation. They used to film the astronauts during their training sessions in this huge centrifuge thing where they were simulating the effects of centrifugal forces on the bodies of the astronauts until they passed out. And you can see that just seconds before they passed out, they were suddenly laughing and cheering as if they´re in a rollercoaster, not seconds away of unconciousness.
I don´t know how much is true about those explanations, but taking into consideration that the human body is just a biological system with a couple thousand years of evolutional information pluged in, it makes sense.

Deja Vu´s on the other hand are just a mis-information of the human brain. You see something and the information causes a small short circuit in your brain, stimulating an area of your brain that´s normally reserved for memories. As soon as one of those memory-cells are sending a message, you´re automatically considering this as "I have seen this before".

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I nearly drowned once. I was thinking more along the lines of "Ohshitohshitohshit HEEEELP MEEE!" rather than "Hmm, I remember that time when I was three and I dropped my ice-cream cone."

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
We are mearly energy, a slow backbeat of the universe inhabiting physical form. When we die, we mearly rejoin the universal beat, the cosmic vibration that is creation. We mearly inhabit these forms to grow in power and knowledge, as we are simply the universe trying to understand itself, strengthening itself, for it's time to evolve in another big bang. Your a part of something greater by default, no penance required, and everyone is equal and valid, no exceptions.

However, whilst in a physical form, you can still be an asshole and be hated, but it will only matter to you.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I've heard that when you've tried it once, you'll never go back.

TaF

Fledgling Freddie
We live to die, that's life ... so ... useful.

One thing that always has bothered me and i will prolly die before i get the answer(well one suitable for me anyway :|):
world started with the "big bang", so it was a chemical reaction right ? Don't you like need some sort of subjects (matter) for any kind of reaction, and if so, then where the hell did they come from oO ?

And also, if there was nothing before the big bang, where did that nothing come from :p ? that bang had to take place in some dimension/area , how did the err, area pop xD . (we're prolly in a shoebox of some giant m8r now ^^)

I hope that mankind will meet another populated / galaxy planet or anything soon, perfect would be some advanced society with kickass technology :O ...

Watched a movie "Event Horizon" .. it had this point to point travelling, u normally go from point A to point B in shortest way it would be straight line, but there it short of gave an idea as if u could bend the room and basically make point A and B the same ...
so u'd be at ur destination sort of fast :p ..
That led me to think of if human could actually be in two places at same time, since you're leaving one place and going so fast that you're at other in a blink... so in 2 places at same time :| ...tho the thing is for how long will you stay at the place u just left :p or about to leave, gah .. now i think it would be instant so u'd sort of teleport from ur departure loc too >< ...

Ah anyway i'd like to be at 2 places at same time sometimes :/

Oh and one thing i could say: that i don't exist. 6 billion people and whole wide universe have no clue of a some weird Estonian sitting behind PC barely awake talking bollox :O.

Anyway, why does human bother, we know the end result, it's just how you get there ^^ ?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
TaF said:
then where the hell did they come from oO ?

that is the primairy thing that bothers me, not why life, but why existence, if there were no matter then what would there be instead? nothing? but if there were nothing that nothing would still have to exist, but how? what made existence? and if something did make it what did that made? where did it start? does it even have a start? but all things must have a beginning, dont they?

it makes me feel cold and the thought that i will never know makes me go insane asf43wir9q4u3f0eruf80 rr4iq9fq3i0fq 3u4fu4q3fq34

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
TaF, got news for your. The universe is like a desert when it comes to Life, vaste and sparce. If we come across intelligent life forms on THIS planet it would be an improvement, let alone from another planet. And even then, if some great race was to suddenly arrive and look down on us, if there so advanced technologically and socially, they'd probobly look down on this aggresive, dangerous race of sociopaths and murderers and decide the universe would be better off without us.

Lets face it, to anyone with that type of technology at there disposal, do you thing we represent anything more than a dog turd on the road of life? I think not. Just a thought.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:
Lets face it, to anyone with that type of technology at there disposal, do you thing we represent anything more than a dog turd on the road of life? I think not. Just a thought.

who knows how these 'aliens' achieved greatness
maybe they achieved it by cruelty, cruel breeding programs where only the ones with the strongest genes (or whatever they have instead :rolleyes: )are allowed to reproduce, brutal training programs where those that dont gain show great intelligence and skills are used as a test animal in science.
They can be better then us and still be 100 times more cruel, everyone assumes that if they exist they would have achieved greatness the nice and fluffy way...
Maybe when they find us they will laugh at us for not being so deadly effiecient as they are, that we are so binded by 'morals' and 'love', maybe they will just observe or perhaps use our planet as a 'test animal' dispenser...

Who knows what goes on in a mind that is neither human nor animal...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Imagine being immortal.

First million years, done pretty much all you could ever, ever do, forgotten 90% of ther friends you ever had.

Next million years, descend into insanity.

Next million years, sleep.

Next million years, become evil for the hell of it.

Next million years, search the Universe for a way to kill yourself.

Next million years, start counting the grains of sand on a desert planet, and categorize them in size order.

Next million years, have the word 'custard' stuck in your head the whole time.

Next million years post :m00: in reply to every thread in Barrysworld.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
but if you have the power to forget everything you have done the past million years you can have eternal fun :rolleyes:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
Who knows what goes on in a mind that is neither human nor animal...

That was the point I was driving at, in a way. For all we know, our concepts of morality could be like a joke to them (Mind you, I have a problem taking it seriously myself). The moral of the story is: Don't beleive that someone from another star is going to come down, clean up our act for us, elevate us from this rut were in, al out of the kindness of his little green heart. Not going to happen, ok. There is no quick fix here.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
It's a lot more probable that they would completely ignore us.. or use our planet as a giant test subject, but even that is unlikely. Any alien race that is advanced enough to get as far as Earth will most likely have seen things that are thousands of times more spectacular than our insignificant planet.

Several alien species might have even seen us already, but have moved away without a second thought. We could be the equivilent of a bunch of farm animals in a pen to them. "Nothing interesting here. Which solar system is next on the list?"

But of course they wouldn't have to talk because they would have psychic powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom