Random Ravings Regarding SW:Tor.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just a random spam regarding the game, post here if you don't feel like you need a new thread, or if it's just for "luls" ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nope, and not really howing signs of it. Hickups on launch as always, but nothing gamebreaking.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Waiting a couple of months until I invest. Tired of MMOs flopping or trying (and failing) to copy WoW*

*Not saying SW is copying WoW but just about every other MMO recently has done.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I dunno this ilum stuff seems close to a gamebreaker

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I dunno this ilum stuff seems close to a gamebreaker

I think that bit depends on how they handle it, anything short of a rollback/removing all the valour that was gained is just unacceptable really. I gained a ton, and still think it should be removed. It just makes any PvP progression a joke.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, remove all valor(rollbacks hurt innocent folk) and let the ones who think that kind of behaviour should be rewarded ragequit ;)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Yeah, remove all valor(rollbacks hurt innocent folk) and let the ones who think that kind of behaviour should be rewarded ragequit ;)

I would accept a rollback (meaning I'd lose a champion item and 3 levels on my Marauder that were earned properly) if there was no way of removing the valour. If they let this stay, it's a pretty clear indication that you can get away with exploiting. People are already going unpunished for afk macroing Warzones.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i can live with a rollback, though it would mean a ton of crafting work. I wouldn't like it, but for the good of the game i can accept it.

rynnor

Rockhound
The PvP game was already in trouble with the Imp v Rep imbalance and the 50s who farmed 11s for the last month.

I think this latest incident pretty much kills pvp in this game as a Republic player - people were doing honor rank 40-50 in an hour in Ilum yesterday - I think a complete reset of all honor to 0 and start again would be best but cant see it happening.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Long story short - the imbalance of population and bonus valor points for kills etc led to hundreds of empires camping the republic spawn spot and killing over and over again, seen some screenshots of people getting 2k+ valor per minute, apparently people went from valor rank 50-60 in matter of hours thus allowing them to get the next tier gear etc giving them a further advantage in pvp.

No rollbacks have been announced either - kinda annoying for me as I got to valor rank 53 the hard way in warzones and am annoyed that hundreds of imps are now the same/higher than me seeing as I didn't go an exploit this, I actually logged off early last night and didnt wanna play incase they rolled back to pre-1.1 etc as I was 53 pre 1.1 also :p

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
I suck at PvP. My lvl 29 Commando got killed by a lvl 11 agent at least three times in Huttball last night. I dunno what i'm doing wrong :(

rynnor

Rockhound
Open world pvp patch set the rewards for killing in opvp too high then offered bonuses for owning the objectives - result was the Imperial faction who massively outnumber the republic on basically every server camped the republics for massive gains while republic couldnt even get out.

A lot of fresh battlemasters were created on the Imp side yesterday further unbalancing pvp and theres no sign of a rollback.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
:/ blimey ;/ kinda makes me want to reroll to republic..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I heard Toht dances in gay bars and is paid in Lucozade.

/discuss!

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Which bars ?! NEED TO SEE i mean er thats disgusting *rolls eyes*

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
arranging to do emergency maintenance at 2pm and putting it off and off till 4:10pm for 4 hours, gg bioware.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I'd prefer they did it today than tomorrow when the people could exploit this issue even more.

Hell, take the servers down for 24 hours.. as long as they fix this issue..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, i got other stuff to do; mmo is what it is, downtimes part of it.

Minecraft, skyrim, saints row 3(unopened) etc etc.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
well they've been doing since the last patch came in anyway :/ why not last night. And there's more issue's than ppl spawn camping, there was something about turrets that gave rediculous amounts of valour but re-popped instantly a guildy said, he joined an ops grp and went to the shower came back a few raanks higher lol.

its not the downtime thats bad, just the timing of it for me.

rynnor

Rockhound
Oh one other crap change yesterday - abilities which are still in cooldown used to grey out then comeback when cooldown finished.

Now they incrementally turn from grey to normal - problem is an ability which is nearly out of cooldown now looks like its back which is stupid.

Do they actually test any of this and who ever asked for this?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Long story short - the imbalance of population and bonus valor points for kills etc led to hundreds of empires camping the republic spawn spot and killing over and over again, seen some screenshots of people getting 2k+ valor per minute, apparently people went from valor rank 50-60 in matter of hours thus allowing them to get the next tier gear etc giving them a further advantage in pvp.

No rollbacks have been announced either - kinda annoying for me as I got to valor rank 53 the hard way in warzones and am annoyed that hundreds of imps are now the same/higher than me seeing as I didn't go an exploit this, I actually logged off early last night and didnt wanna play incase they rolled back to pre-1.1 etc as I was 53 pre 1.1 also :p
http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

So nothing will actually happen i guess...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Some boosts to the under represented faction would be nice, bonus valour, extra xp, free levels, free level 3 speeder :D

They need to apply some extra polish and pizzaz to Republic as well, plus truly equalise the classes. Longer cast times and other problems really hit us hard in PvP. Would be quite happy if they removed the stupid PvP stat from the items too, lets play because its fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom