SPAM random annoying things

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,277
I mean, I'm glad you said "in the bin" rather than "get in the sea".

I like the sea. It's nice.
 

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
10,027
I work with Americans. The amount of circling back, and putting pins in things is maddening

And the acronyms why not just write it out takes seconds ffs
 

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
13,010
I work with Americans. The amount of circling back, and putting pins in things is maddening

And the acronyms why not just write it out takes seconds ffs

For fucks sake the National Aeronautics and Space Administration haven't got a flight booked due to near earth objects being a pain in the ass.
 

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,415
I work with Americans. The amount of circling back, and putting pins in things is maddening

And the acronyms why not just write it out takes seconds ffs
Sometimes when it gets too much, I will complain about all the ambiguous TLA's, and a few people will laugh.
 

Raven

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,912
Mosquito bites, survived multiple camping trips without them, now 6+, from home.
 

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
18,994
I had a new traffic jam experience last night. In an Uber in Nottingham we get stuck on the top of a single lane overpass; nothing's moving but we can see blue lights in the distance (the overpass curved and dropped to the right). Eventually a policewoman wanders up telling every individual driver there's been an accident and the road's blocked and we'll have to wait for the recovery vehicle.

My Uber driver is great; cancels my fare and tells me where to walk off the bridge to and get another Uber, so off I go, walk around the curve and down, and there's the crashed car, which had obviously taken the turn at speed, hit the outside barrier, spun around and was facing back into traffic, utterly fucked. But the annoying thing was there was more than enough room for every vehicle on the bridge (including a coach) to get past the crashed car, all it would have taken is for one of the several cops stood around scratching their arses to direct traffic and another to close the sliproad onto the overpass. Everyone could have gotten on with their evening. No doubt there is some protocol they were following, that didn't include one drop of common sense.
 

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 1997
Messages
9,077,791
Bit like when there is an accident/broken down car on a dual lane road and they place cones out 2 miles back to merge traffic into 1 fucking lane.
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,277
No doubt there is some protocol they were following, that didn't include one drop of common sense.
I'm wondering if there's some new directive that's been handed down about safe distance from obstructions?

There are road closures and "escorted convoys" all over the place now where previously traffic management would just be some traffic lights.

I sat stationary on the A470 for 20 minutes the other day waiting for the lead vehicle. Just road resurfacing. On a wide carriageway known as the "welsh m1".

Well. At least I'm comforted that taxpayers money is being used to make traffic lights redundant.
 

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Joined
Dec 11, 2003
Messages
2,483
Shrinkflation. Grabbed a KitKat Chunky as part of a Meal Deal as I was in a rush and I'd not had one in a while, so I thought why not. But wtf!? They are so small and flat now you may as well just call them a KitKat.
 

Raven

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,912
Cats.

First Sunday dinner of the season, pigs in blankets ready to go in the oven, fucking cats have eaten them all. My own fault for leaving them out.
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,277
My cat wouldn't touch bacon or sausage.

A chateaubriand, though.
 

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
13,010
One of you assclowns must have a relationship with a hardware supplier. Who do I need need to bribe here to get a discount on 40TB of storage?
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,277
I need to mount my starlink on the roof before the geese eat through the cable, so I've ordered their mount.

It's annoying because sattelites are better (much) than mobile internet from EE. It's annoying because the starlink is an older one that might be at risk from high winds. And it's annoying because the mount is two weeks delayed with no delivery time available.

The good: logged onto my account, clicked "complain", got their bot. Told it the delivery is late, and it said "yep, I can see that, do you want £40 for the inconvenience." I said yes. And it went "there you go".

Faster than it took me to type this post.

I'm going to try again in a couple of weeks. See if it's dumb enough to keep giving me free internet :)
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,277
You not got a dodgy Godstick?

You can get the God+ Ultimate, Allah+ UberMecca and the Yaweh+ CarpetBomb Subs for, like, a tenner a month...
 

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
Moderator
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 1997
Messages
9,077,791
Left eye. Had a naturally evil looking eye for over a week. Wish I had taken more pictures, could have sold some stock images.
Phew I thought you were talking about the japs eye. Thank god you are ok :p
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom