SPAM random annoying things

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You consume a lot of ultraprocessed 'food'. There's a linear causal relationship between ultraprocessed food and late life cancer.

Weight isn't everything. It's very important but not everything.

There isn't really as the science that assertion is based on is incredibly shonky - which isn't surprising considering how nebulous the definition UPF is. It's basically any food made with ingredients you can't find in your kitchen and is being sold for profit.

So basically all food then.

UPFs are pseudoscientific drivel and really not worth worrying about. Everything in moderation (except crisps) and you'll be sound.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
UPFs are pseudoscientific drivel and really not worth worrying about. Everything in moderation (except crisps) and you'll be sound.
It's funny how you always manage to find someone on the wrong side of the argument, every time.

Climate Change? You've quoted the denialist thinktank the "global warming policy foundation".

Smoking bans? You've quoted industry shills.

This time it's this cunt, who has posted variously:

• Smokings for me
  • No, Liz Truss did NOT crash the economy
  • Gambling isn't a problem
  • Vaping's fine
  • Anti-vaxxers are good people - remember MMR?
  • Heat pumps are stupid - burn gas
  • Sugar tax doesn't work - and there's nothing wrong with public health
  • Fat kids are a myth and don't exist
But what's most depressing is that @Wij agreed with your post.

Bodhi's a lost cause m8. He's the anti-vaxx pro smoking culture victim, so be wary when you're agreeing with him (which I have done in the past). Check your own motivations first. Because UPF's do indeed lead to disordered eating - they fuck your brain up.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's funny how you always manage to find someone on the wrong side of the argument, every time.

Climate Change? You've quoted the denialist thinktank the "global warming policy foundation".

• Smokings for me
  • Vaping's fine

Bodhi's a lost cause m8. He's the anti-vaxx pro smoking culture victim, so be wary when you're agreeing with him (which I have done in the past). Check your own motivations first. Because UPF's do indeed lead to disordered eating - they fuck your brain up.

You took 4 days to come up with that complete and utter arse juice? It's bad enough you haven't engaged with the argument and just decided to shoot the messenger (as per usual) - it's also abundantly clear you haven't read any of the messages you're trying to shoot.

Let's take your "anti-vaxx" rhetoric for starters. If we ignore the fact I had two shots of AZ and the booster during COVID - making me a particularly rubbish anti-vaxxer - reading his article it's hardly a passionate defence of Andrew Wakefield.

It's more looking into how the MMR scare happened - via the Daily Mail reporting on a study that was printed in The Lancet by Andrew Wakefield. It was soon rightly discredited, but the study itself remained on The Lancet website - with no reference to how full of shit it was - long after it had been discredited.

That allowed actual anti-vaxxers to still share it - after all it's in a scientific journal so it must be true, as midwits like yourself keep harping on about.

Probably worth reading articles before you start running around calling people cunts and anti-vaxxers based on no evidence whatsoever.

Speak in 4 days!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The only pseudoscientific drivel on here is the shit that moron pumps out.

But you'll be happy to know I'm back in the work-week @Bodhi, so as my not posting back to you immediately clearly upsets you, rest assured I can probably respond faster :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter

• Smokings for me
  • Vaping's fine

You specifically said it’s a causal relationship between UPF (which has no useful definition) and cancer. Where’s the cause? What is a the causal relationship? How was that proven? All I’ve seen is correlation.

This kind of science gets funding all the time to prove correlation and try to control for other factors. But it can’t be proved they have. It’s like the processed meats things from 10 years ago. You can’t treat it as proven unless there’s a testable hypothesis, that has been tested, show that it is the causal factor. Not other things, like being poor. Previous example:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
UPF (which has no useful definition)
It didn't until recently, but one has been developed. But you're right, I said causal, rather than associative. And specifically of cancer, but it's really all-cause mortality for which there's a very strong dose-response relationship. I shouldn't post whilst drinking - because there's a linear dose-response between accuracy of posting and consumption of Welsh Mountain Cider.

I like DC's blog btw. Really cool. Thanks for the link :)

Last edited:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Until there’s a mechanism proposed for how UPFs actually increase risk of death, which isn’t one we already know of, such as calories, salt, then I’ll take the whole thing with a pinch of said salt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Until there’s a mechanism proposed for how UPFs actually increase risk of death, which isn’t one we already know of, such as calories, salt, then I’ll take the whole thing with a pinch of said salt.
Your perogative.

Me? I'm happy to eat all the food we've evolved alongside and give manufactured stuff a swerve. It seems sensible to use the precautionary principle with something as fundamental as the stuff you exist on.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well someone has mentioned to my council their concerns about noise from a heat pump, and the council now want a noise assessment. Which costs easily more than a grand. So I'm not doing that. Instead I'm going to ask if the installer can move the installation location so it's 1001mm away from the fence (so permitted development rights apply) and I can dispense with planning permission. If they won't do that then I'll find another installer. I'm certain there is room to do it, if I were installing it myself that's what I'd do. Convincing installers that I'm perfectly happy to move drains/walls/etc is the hard bit.

I'm not angry at my neighbour, more bemused that they're worried about a near-silent heat pump over a screeching boiler vent (because of faulty fan bearings).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well someone has mentioned to my council their concerns about noise from a heat pump, and the council now want a noise assessment. Which costs easily more than a grand. So I'm not doing that. Instead I'm going to ask if the installer can move the installation location so it's 1001mm away from the fence (so permitted development rights apply) and I can dispense with planning permission. If they won't do that then I'll find another installer. I'm certain there is room to do it, if I were installing it myself that's what I'd do. Convincing installers that I'm perfectly happy to move drains/walls/etc is the hard bit.

I'm not angry at my neighbour, more bemused that they're worried about a near-silent heat pump over a screeching boiler vent (because of faulty fan bearings).
40-60db?

If it was 40, and not near a window, I wouldn't mind. But if it was much more than that I'd absolutely want it further away tbh. Especially since they're on a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom