SPAM random annoying things

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My wife used to be SENCO for pre-school. This sort of thing is very real in young children.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
That's the shit provision of mental health, especially in kids.

Not helped by people questioning sciences they don't understand and therefore bringing it down on political priorities.

We had a visit by a ADHD and an autism charity recently, and both of them said that our practices were awful, but there isn't many fucks, because that's not what education is about anymore.
Not what is was about 25ish years ago either it seems

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My son was diagnosed with ADHD by some professional when he was at junior school, turned out it was epilepsy and he was having up to 30 fits a day whilst in classes.
This sucks m8.

It's a massive tangent from the eating disorder topic that Gwad threw in there but it relates - misdiagnosis with horrible consequences.

@Aoami - pm.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Back in my day if you didn't eat what you were given you'd not eat.

But then I grew up with a professional chef and somebody who could actually cook. So I imagine it was slightly different foods.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Back in my day if you didn't eat what you were given you'd not eat.

But then I grew up with a professional chef and somebody who could actually cook. So I imagine it was slightly different foods.
Same here but my mum was a shit cook, I still can't eat shepard/cottage pie to this day and only recently been able to cope with stew!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I just happened upon this article.
I'm not a psychologist or anything, but I'm calling bullshit on this.
BBC News - Walkers crisp shortage leaves Leicestershire family desperate
I'd eat dogshit on toast if I was hungry enough (possibly).

Can't comment on the diet issue (although our niece's best friend will only eat Chicken Nuggets), but hearing all sorts of rumours Walkers tried to do a big ERP upgrade and fucked it completely. If true and they're still struggling, I'd say that was almost an impressive level of fucking up.

Of course it's had the knock on effect that if people can't buy Walkers, they're buying up Tesco/Golden Wonder/Hula Hoops etc, so - certainly a couple of weeks ago - crisp shortage.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I just happened upon this article.
I'm not a psychologist or anything, but I'm calling bullshit on this.
BBC News - Walkers crisp shortage leaves Leicestershire family desperate
I'd eat dogshit on toast if I was hungry enough (possibly).
After watching all the back and forth, the thing I dislike the most about this is that it leads with the brand name

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
After watching all the back and forth, the thing I dislike the most about this is that it leads with the brand name

What I hate is that it's a local rag/daily mail article that's created to provoke a reaction.

Lots of people deal with this shit all the time, I was in a room of autistic kids when it was announced that their pre ordered meal wasn't being done so they had a random selection of sandwiches, chaos.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I thought that was all the BBC did these days? Chase likes and comments as if it means anything to them. They still enforce their subscription, so what difference does it make?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Flying to Spain today, what a nightmare. Booked through Expedia, as we needed a second leg flight to south coast from Madrid. It's all done through Iberia. Go to check in yesterday, can't. First leg is operated by American Airlines, so it redirects me to their website. I can pay for seat upgrades, but I cannot check in. I move on to the do the Spanish health questioniare.... which needs seats numbers, which I can't provide because I can't check in online. What a mess.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Flying to Spain today, what a nightmare. Booked through Expedia, as we needed a second leg flight to south coast from Madrid. It's all done through Iberia. Go to check in yesterday, can't. First leg is operated by American Airlines, so it redirects me to their website. I can pay for seat upgrades, but I cannot check in. I move on to the do the Spanish health questioniare.... which needs seats numbers, which I can't provide because I can't check in online. What a mess.

We've been having a similar issue this week, our (Virgin) flight to the US changed which had a knock on effect on our (Delta) connecting flight and if you call the customer service number in Ireland you get...Air France! Who claim they can't do anything... In the end we called Delta direct in the US (which cost a fortune). Its mostly fixed, but the trip isn't until next Easter so I have a feeling this won't be the last time we end up dealing with this.

Fucking code shares are a total nightmare and seem to be a way for airlines to just pass the buck.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
We've been having a similar issue this week, our (Virgin) flight to the US changed which had a knock on effect on our (Delta) connecting flight and if you call the customer service number in Ireland you get...Air France! Who claim they can't do anything... In the end we called Delta direct in the US (which cost a fortune). Its mostly fixed, but the trip isn't until next Easter so I have a feeling this won't be the last time we end up dealing with this.

Fucking code shares are a total nightmare and seem to be a way for airlines to just pass the buck.

Add to those shenanigans most airlines have a "connection fee" for their phone support absolutely bullshit

Embattle

FH is my second home
Loosing 2-3 psi in your motorcycle tyre every 24 hours, inspection on sub 1000 mile tyre:

Annoying 1.jpg

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The contactless element of my card is broken.

Which I didn't realise how annoying that was when I tried to use it to pump up my tyres, then I tried to old school metal strip it (because it had a reader thingy) I ended up breaking the fucker.

Is it silly of me to expect my bank to send me a new one whilst not disabling the current one I have (before I ask them)?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It will work until you get a new one if you report it as damaged, rather than lost/stolen (that's the case for Natwest anyway)

DaGaffer

The contactless element of my card is broken.

Which I didn't realise how annoying that was when I tried to use it to pump up my tyres, then I tried to old school metal strip it (because it had a reader thingy) I ended up breaking the fucker.

Is it silly of me to expect my bank to send me a new one whilst not disabling the current one I have (before I ask them)?

Don't you have Android/Apple Pay?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Probably for the same reason as anyone else that doesn't have it. Who on earth gives google/apple their spending habits on a plate?

Overdriven

Probably for the same reason as anyone else that doesn't have it. Who on earth gives google/apple their spending habits on a plate?

Literally over 97% of western civilization.

Edit: maybe a little less. Depends on if you hate other companies who offer that too.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Literally over 97% of western civilization.

Edit: maybe a little less. Depends on if you hate other companies who offer that too.

Because scanning your phone is so much easier than a card? Or?

Overdriven

Because scanning your phone is so much easier than a card? Or?

The one thing you never leave your house with is your phone. I've forgotten my wallet repeatedly and my phone has everything setup on it to cover. It's like cash.. No one really uses cash. It's there as a backup solution for most of us.

Wallet is now a backup solution.

@Scouse Hard to get the actuals. There are 2021 OS (Mobile) stats out there but no idea about payment methods. Am also curious.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Meh, I leave home without my phone more often than my wallet. Also, my wallet doesn't run out of battery....and I block ads, I am not giving those parasites my spending patterns.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Meh, I leave home without my phone more often than my wallet. Also, my wallet doesn't run out of battery....and I block ads, I am not giving those parasites my spending patterns.

They probably already know

DaGaffer

I use it as a backup for exactly the kind of situation Gwad is describing; card misbehaving or forgotten. As for my spending habits, they probably know already (Google anyway). Not much point worrying about it at this stage.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't carry my wallet around the house whereas my phone tends to be with me more often thus I've left the house a few times without my wallet but as I had my phone Google Pay saved me from having to go back and get my wallet.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's not a matter of whether it's safe or not, you are giving Google information on every single little purchase you make, for absolutely no discernable reason.

Also, since when did the pre-leave-the-house pocket check stop being a thing? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom