SPAM random annoying things

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
People who just book work meetings to suit themselves (say in the middle of an all day training session that they were responsible for arranging) who then get upset with you when you decline.

No one in my company knows how to schedule a meeting. Quite a few seem to know how to completely block out their diary though.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
People who just book work meetings to suit themselves (say in the middle of an all day training session that they were responsible for arranging) who then get upset with you when you decline.

So we have the same project managers?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I had someone send round an invite that would block me out for a whole day. I accepted it.

Overdriven

I'm a retard.

For one reason or another I had to throw my earbuds into my rucksack - NOT - inside their charging case, for the first time ever. (Key point here: The rucksack has never been cleaned, dusted, maintained etc). I got home and needed to use them so I took them out of the bag, put them on andddd the right side has 0 audio on the right side.

Techy nerd mode and panic mode turn on.. Blow into them, reconnect them, test EQ settings, manually reset each side, factory reset the whole lot.. Get ready to RMA them.

"Okay, last check.."

I take the ear foam off both sides and compare.. The right one has this massive piece of dust in it. Earbud to clear it out and it goes back to working as expected.

That's a half hour of my life I'm not getting back and now I feel like a tool.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
What do you call 2,000 Conveyancers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start!

And what happens when Purple Bricks join them at the bottom of the ocean?

Even better!

:eek:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
What do you call 2,000 Conveyancers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start!

And what happens when Purple Bricks join them at the bottom of the ocean?

Even better!

:eek:
I started with purple bricks when i sold my house. After a few weeks i gave up and wrote off the grand and went with a local estate agent. They were so much better.

Bodhi

I started with purple bricks when i sold my house. After a few weeks i gave up and wrote off the grand and went with a local estate agent. They were so much better.

I can see why. As you can tell from my post we've had a few solicitor issues - Enquiries have been outstanding for 6 weeks, and whenever we chase we're told responses have been sent, despite our solicitor not having seen a thing. Call PB up to chase, and the 372 different people we've got through to don't have a clue whats going on.

Of course PB has been set up so you can contact the seller direct, which we've done - and they've gone quiet as well.

Guess we better start looking for somewhere else then.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
screw you "getting old."

New eye test.
New reading glasses. Not to bad can get them cheap.
New Computer glasses. Blue light block...
New Distance Glasses. Transitions.
New driving sun glasses. Polarized.

Son of a something something. Am sure I could buy something useful for that money and a white stick!

P.S. Can't wear varifocals. Make my head try to explode.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
screw you "getting old."

New eye test.
New reading glasses. Not to bad can get them cheap.
New Computer glasses. Blue light block...
New Distance Glasses. Transitions.
New driving sun glasses. Polarized.

Son of a something something. Am sure I could buy something useful for that money and a white stick!

P.S. Can't wear varifocals. Make my head try to explode.
Progressive Non-tol as we call it in the business :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The weather forcast saying zero chance of rain, woke up to it pissing it down at 5am. Didn't put my tarp up.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The weather forcast saying zero chance of rain, woke up to it pissing it down at 5am. Didn't put my tarp up.

I found a similar effect here in Devon, the weather is very erratic and the weather forecasts seem to constantly change until the day when they finally stick their hand out the window :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
When i lived in UK i just always assumed it would rain and was prepared, that way when it didn't i got a pleasant surprise

Bodhi

I can see why. As you can tell from my post we've had a few solicitor issues - Enquiries have been outstanding for 6 weeks, and whenever we chase we're told responses have been sent, despite our solicitor not having seen a thing. Call PB up to chase, and the 372 different people we've got through to don't have a clue whats going on.

Of course PB has been set up so you can contact the seller direct, which we've done - and they've gone quiet as well.

Guess we better start looking for somewhere else then.

Oooh we may have some progress - our solicitors has had some actual communication from the seller's solicitor.

*Excitedly opens email*

We can confirm that there is no wood burner at the property.

Awesome! We didn't ask that though?

Although apparently some another response has been sent with some documentation attached, thinking that will be what's outstanding. Only our solicitor can't open it.

I'd laugh if we weren't trying to spend so much bloody cash in the process.....

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm no expert having only bought twice, but i've found the best way to force progress is to get in contact with the sellers solicitors and give them a boot up the arse.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also, telling them you will continue looking at alternatives probably won't hurt.

The world is full of shysters who's sole employment is based around wasting people's time. Property solicitors being apex.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Also, telling them you will continue looking at alternatives probably won't hurt.

The world is full of shysters who's sole employment is based around wasting people's time. Property solicitors being apex.

Whilst this is true, it could well be the sellers too.

My first home purchase dragged on for ages despite me not being in a chain. My auntie was my conveyancing solicitor. I happened to be staying down the road from the house I was buying at a mates - so I walked up and asked them what the problem was. They said it was my solicitor. When I pointed out it wasn't and that I could easily buy the next door neighbour's house, which was also up for sale, they shut up.

Completed that same week. :)

Overdriven

We now have to cater to people who "suffer from" neuro-diversity . So for all technical interviews we have to give people all the questions in advanced, regardless of role seniority.

Awesome, I suddenly am an expert in C++ and Linear Mathematics. If you ask why I haven't delivered I'm going to sue you for causing me stress.

I'm done with this BS. Never going to hire anyone ever again. Back to working on my own.

Snowflake bullshit.

Job interviews aren't meant to be easy, you're never going to have all the information in front of you at once and how exactly do we test your knowledge if you know all the questions?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Often It's not even whether you know the answer, it's how you answer.

Overdriven

Often It's not even whether you know the answer, it's how you answer.

Yeah but you gave me that answer in a way which I find unacceptable, so I'm sorry you don't meet the criteria I have set in my head. Good luck in the future!

Ask the question.
Give the person a minute (whatever) to think.
If they don't know, they explain how.

If you don't know, and you have all the questions in advanced, suddenly you know (People WILL cheat the system)

You don't need a pre-defined list of questions to do that.

Overdriven

What idiot came up with that?

Human Resources.

Good news guys, I now know C++, Linear Mathematics, AI and ML. AMA! (If I don't like your question I'm going to still come to the interview. I'll then leave, say you caused me stress and then sue you AND then tell the press your hiring practices aren't any good)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Human Resources.

Good news guys, I now know C++, Linear Mathematics, AI and ML. AMA! (If I don't like your question I'm going to still come to the interview. I'll then leave, say you caused me stress and then sue you AND then tell the press your hiring practices aren't any good)
Yeah. HR are always an absolute shower of shit in any organisation. No self-respecting human would work in HR. So you only get ones with no self-respect.

But as it's an HR in your place only thing - all the rest of it is crap. You guys have just hobbled your own organisation, but not a lot of other organisations are going to do something quite so dumb :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So. The annoying thing is - my fucking apathy.

The o/h is away at the moment, I could take the opportunity to drive over to my sisters for a curry, which I don't know whether I can be arsed with, or I'll sit in here tonight (wanking) and then later on wish I'd bothered to go do something else.

What the feck is wrong with my lazy brain :(

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Human Resources.

Its companies like yours that make it easier for me to hire people 😜

dysfunction

FH is my second home
So. The annoying thing is - my fucking apathy.

The o/h is away at the moment, I could take the opportunity to drive over to my sisters for a curry, which I don't know whether I can be arsed with, or I'll sit in here tonight (wanking) and then later on wish I'd bothered to go do something else.

What the feck is wrong with my lazy brain :(

You are getting old

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom