SPAM random annoying things

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Mate just got a fairly decent budget PC for £800, with a 1660.

Lucky to even get that.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I remember I got shit on for buying a 2080Ti just a few weeks before the release of the 30xx cards. Who's laughing now bitches!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Even my ~3 year old 1080ti is looking pretty good at the moment.

I'm getting genuinely disillusioned with PC gaming now, at least triple A titles anyway. Most of my friends are peasants on PS5. The trouble is, for 4k I would need a monitor upgrade, my 4k panel only has displayport, which is fine for PC 4k and a crappy HDMI port (can't even run PS4 at 4k) so I would be looking at a monitor upgrade too. Using the living room TV is out of the question most of the time as it is in use.

Most games I play on PC are indi games these day s, very few need a decent card and it's not like you make any savings in software these days, so the money saved over the lifetime of the PC is no longer a thing.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Even my ~3 year old 1080ti is looking pretty good at the moment.

I'm getting genuinely disillusioned with PC gaming now, at least triple A titles anyway. Most of my friends are peasants on PS5. The trouble is, for 4k I would need a monitor upgrade, my 4k panel only has displayport, which is fine for PC 4k and a crappy HDMI port (can't even run PS4 at 4k) so I would be looking at a monitor upgrade too. Using the living room TV is out of the question most of the time as it is in use.

Most games I play on PC are indi games these day s, very few need a decent card and it's not like you make any savings in software these days, so the money saved over the lifetime of the PC is no longer a thing.
I make a lot of savings on the price of console games.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Could be that semiconductors (and crypto) are going through the roof because the US has printed so much money (a quarter of all money in ecistence was printed last year (or something like that)) that some commodities are skyrocketting?

Lets face it - where's our hyperinflation? Chances are, when consumers start spending their new savings prices might skyrocket.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes that's happening but nvidia themselves came out and said that's not the reaspn for scarcity.

There's a global semiconductor shortage. Not just gfx cards.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yes that's happening but nvidia themselves came out and said that's not the reaspn for scarcity.

There's a global semiconductor shortage. Not just gfx cards.
Gfx cards are the hardest hit. They're being hit from both the supply and demand side and crypto is affecting both.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. But it's not the only reason for the scarcity - according to Nvidia.

I don't know why I give a shit tbh - it seems that people (who don't own any crypto) want to blame crypto for all the worlds ills at the moment. I think it's a reaction to their FOMO tbh :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yep. But it's not the only reason for the scarcity - according to Nvidia.

I don't know why I give a shit tbh - it seems that people (who don't own any crypto) want to blame crypto for all the worlds ills at the moment. I think it's a reaction to their FOMO tbh :)
I didn't say it was the only reason but it's a big part.

Zarjazz

I can only imagine the crypto people are the ones buying the cards for the inflated prices they are going for because who else is willing to spend £2k on a 3080.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I can only imagine the crypto people are the ones buying the cards for the inflated prices they are going for because who else is willing to spend £2k on a 3080.
You'd be surprised what desperate gamers will do tbh.

Crypto demand + Gamer demand + Scalpers == b0rked shit

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm spending the money I would be spending on a graphics card on this;

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm spending the money I would be spending on a graphics card on this;

Ew. No thx.

Zarjazz

You'd be surprised what desperate gamers will do tbh.

Crypto demand + Gamer demand + Scalpers == b0rked shit

Let's hope that when production spikes again the scalpers are left with stock they can't get rid of.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its all fucking bent.

Jalopnik said:
Tesla purchased $1.5 billion worth of BTC, announced that the company would begin accepting BTC as payment for its cars, which drove up the value of BTC, then sold enough BTC to make a hundred million in profit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its all fucking bent.

I think it's just more obvious tbh. Nothing new here.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
People getting rich off the back of others or the environment, nothing new.

That doesn't mean it is right.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think it's just more obvious tbh. Nothing new here.

Actually I think there is something new here. Its Tesla, Darling of the post-carbon economy, who are not only guilty of market manipulation (I agree, not news given Elon's tweet history) but also of throwing the carbon benefits of Tesla production out of the window by trading in carbon-catastrophic bitcoin! Its black farce.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Tesla certainly don't have much in the way of post-carbon credentials. They treat their cars like phones, something to own for a few years then dispose of.

Getting parts for them, or trying to get them repaired is farcical and prohibitorily expensive.

Add to that ecological damage of extracting materials and the ticking time bomb that is vehicle battery disposal in the first place.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Got Thursday and Friday off, first time off in months... stinking cold coming on, feeling rotten. Cheers.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I wonder if Megan does an interview about how upset she is about not getting a card.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom