SPAM random annoying things

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
For any of you that work in IT - Adobe Flash gets demised today. As in stops working (not just becomes unsupported). So if you've anything that works off it, watch out :)

I had a reminder of this at 5am when I got called into a MEC to ensure we were keeping an eye on things globally :eek:

Let me get my tissues.

Overdriven

You going to wank over Adobe? :)

Nah, I avoid our team who lives within Adobe. Nothing my team does goes near them luckily. If anything we did as a charity was in Flash we'd probably be thrown to the wolves.

It was a happy tissue! I'm glad it's gone finally.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I remember a story about a guy who threw out an old hard disk with his wallet on it and was trying to get some massive landfill site to let him sift through to try and find it. The problem was that it was worth so little back then that people didn't really give it a second thought.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I remember a story about a guy who threw out an old hard disk with his wallet on it and was trying to get some massive landfill site to let him sift through to try and find it. The problem was that it was worth so little back then that people didn't really give it a second thought.
Im one of those. Set up a wallet for mining right at the beginning. Ditched the PC. No idea of details. Doubt it'd be worth much even now, but certainly more than it was then!!

Overdriven

People don't like my ideals for a totalitarian dystopian society is making me sad :( @Scouse I thought you were cool. I thought we could rule together. But noooooo, you're into having freedoms and all that stuff.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Erx-vZiXYAA9jgp

Any chance someone could send Bill a copy of Highlander 2 / The Matrix?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Windows 95 may be 25 years ago now, but it still hurts.

Christ. When you put it like that, rather than making me feel old, just makes me think how far tech has come in such a short amount of time. Can't imagine trying to use win95 now.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Christ. When you put it like that, rather than making me feel old, just makes me think how far tech has come in such a short amount of time. Can't imagine trying to use win95 now.

I get examples every day working in ERP. Last customer I worked with wanted us to migrate the ERP System they installed in 1996. Still run on green screens, and want it migrated with no changes in functionality.

We can start the project when they've migrated their AR Solution, which is installed on an IBM Mainframe from the 70's.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Any chance someone could send Bill a copy of Highlander 2 / The Matrix?
I advocate violence for anyone who wants to commit large scale geoengineering.

It's one of my red lines. I would happily argue anyone who tried to directly modify our atmosphere be killed.

We, as a species, have proven we cannot manage risks because not only or lack of understanding but also our lack of capability to understand, never mind safely govern, such complex systems.

Especially as we have a non-geoengineering fix right now, today - but aren't doing enough.

So if anyone tries to embark on this unknown idiocy, I hope a grizzly, and very public, fate awaits them*.

Edit: *Their families and anyone who works for them...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I advocate violence for anyone who wants to commit large scale geoengineering.

It's one of my red lines. I would happily argue anyone who tried to directly modify our atmosphere be killed.

We, as a species, have proven we cannot manage risks because not only or lack of understanding but also our lack of capability to understand, never mind safely govern, such complex systems.

Especially as we have a non-geoengineering fix right now, today - but aren't doing enough.

So if anyone tries to embark on this unknown idiocy, I hope a grizzly, and very public, fate awaits them*.

Edit: *Their families and anyone who works for them...
The human race is currently acting large scale geoengineering by a thousand cuts

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The human race is currently acting large scale geoengineering by a thousand cuts
It's not deliberate. It's unintended consequence which we understand how to fix.

The answer is to do less of the shit we do understand - not more shit that we don't.

**I realise I'm an IBM PC-DOS killjoy in this current bit of the thread :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'll have you know I had lots of socks in the early day of the internet.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You're call yourself hardcore unless you had to install Trumpet Winsock to get onto the internet.

I'm not sure what I used but I had to install some software from my ISP.
I then had no clue what to do next!

I think I then stumbled upon Archie, Infoseek, Lycos and Altavista.

When Netscape along the internet suddenly became awesome

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Try this before bed, toasted cheese, marmite and tomato sauce sandwich.

You're welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom