SPAM random annoying things

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Logging onto my energy provider app and providing both gas and electric meter readings.

Receiving 3 emails, 2 saying thanks for your meter readings, the last saying its been over 6 months since your last meter reading, submit now. Twats.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Logging onto my energy provider app and providing both gas and electric meter readings.

Receiving 3 emails, 2 saying thanks for your meter readings, the last saying its been over 6 months since your last meter reading, submit now. Twats.
Bulb by any chance?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had a smart meter with British gas and was fine, switched to one of those eco suppliers that don't use them. Giving meter readings feels like going back in time.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm with bulb and get the same shite. Absolute barrage of emails.

Really? I'm with Bulb and wouldn't say I get loads of emails from them.
Perhaps 1 or 2 in a month telling me what my current monthly payment is and if I'm in debit/credit on my account.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Did you pick up the iced buns?"

"Ice buns? No, we,'re doing keto again. And you don't like ice buns anyway. You've never liked ice buns. Why are you on about ice buns?"

"I said mice bums..."

..... :(

The cat has decided that he only likes the top half at the moment.

Fuck my life.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meh, mine just cost me £700 in vets bills. (insured though, but 20% excess)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The fact that this is even news worthy on the bbc is quite sad really. Who the hell cares what some random girls sexuality is. Good luck to her and I hope she has a great life but not exactly news.

"Grumpy middle aged men don't know about Youtube. Film at 11".

She is (or certainly was) a huge YouTube star. If moderately-famous Ellen Page can get front page news for being "Eliot" now, then this is on the same level. Yes its all fatuous bollocks and none of us should give a shit, but famous people's sexuality has always been deemed newsworthy...

Embattle

FH is my second home
"Grumpy middle aged men don't know about Youtube. Film at 11".

She is (or certainly was) a huge YouTube star. If moderately-famous Ellen Page can get front page news for being "Eliot" now, then this is on the same level. Yes its all fatuous bollocks and none of us should give a shit, but famous people's sexuality has always been deemed newsworthy...

Still not newsworthy imo, but then YT stars and stars of other platforms aren't in my opinion either.

Gwadien

Still not newsworthy imo, but then YT stars and stars of other platforms aren't in my opinion either.

You're missing the point.

It's not relevant to you because you don't know who it is.

That doesn't mean that it's not relevant to other people.

'beh people who make videos on youtube aren't worth the publicity but people who kick a ball around for 90 minutes a week?! Yes sir!

I feel like the outrage is more due to the subject rather than the person involved anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

'beh people who make videos on youtube aren't worth the publicity but people who kick a ball around for 90 minutes a week?! Yes sir!

I feel like the outrage is more due to the subject rather than the person involved anyway.
You're missing the point IMO.

It's not news - it's gossip.

Embattle

FH is my second home

No you're are missing the point, I don't care who it is and I still don't value anything influencers do and never will and the fact people do is saying a lot about how society. I've also been quite clear on footballers, I may watch them and support a team but I don't think what they do is worth the money, nor the over whelming adulation some of them get from people.

Also don't shove your obvious inbuilt prejudices for a lot of things on me either.

Gwadien

No you're are missing the point, I don't care who it is and I still don't value anything influencers do and never will and the fact people do is saying a lot about how society. I've also been quite clear on footballers, I may watch them and support a team but I don't think what they do is worth the money, nor the over whelming adulation some of them get from people.

Also don't shove your obvious inbuilt prejudices for a lot of things on me either.

You say don't shove your prejudices on me but this post was literally me me me me when the story is clearly not about or relevant to you. :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Stick to the infant school teaching, try not to label them as quickly and easily as you labelled me over the subject of the article.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So when Elton John came out, that wasn't news worthy?
Not newsworthy IMO.

Exposing an individual's sexuality (if voluntary) is potentially useful in a country where they're historically repressed and on a path to legal freedoms. Like in Saudi maybe.

In the west? I actually think it keeps people focussed on purile gossip rather than important stuff that affects us all.

DaGaffer

Not newsworthy IMO.

Exposing an individual's sexuality (if voluntary) is potentially useful in a country where they're historically repressed and on a path to legal freedoms. Like in Saudi maybe.

In the west? I actually think it keeps people focussed on purile gossip rather than important stuff that affects us all.

Certainly. But as I said earlier... people's bedroom habits have always been deemed newsworthy and still are, even in the west where we shouldn't care anymore. Press seems to love the lesbians in particular these days.

DaGaffer

I think its quite possible to understand the importance of something to other parts of society without finding it important yourself. I have no interest in say...opera, but I wouldn't begrudge a news story about an opera singer.

Whether you like it or not, "influencers" are interesting to large sections of society, and not only that, but in way that's measurable in ways that we've never seen before. Do I give the slightest of shits about Jo Jo Siwa? Of course not, I'm only even aware of her because I have a ten year old daughter, but I don't give a shit about Ariana Grande either, but because she's a singer and actress she's "traditionally" famous.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think its quite possible to understand the importance of something to other parts of society without finding it important yourself. I have no interest in say...opera, but I wouldn't begrudge a news story about an opera singer.

Whether you like it or not, "influencers" are interesting to large sections of society, and not only that, but in way that's measurable in ways that we've never seen before. Do I give the slightest of shits about Jo Jo Siwa? Of course not, I'm only even aware of her because I have a ten year old daughter, but I don't give a shit about Ariana Grande either, but because she's a singer and actress she's "traditionally" famous.

I can accept the of importance of things I don't personally like or have much interest in but I do draw a line, the rise of the influencer just seems to be near the pinnacle of the narcissism tree. A tree that I do have concerns about not because of the people who are necessarily on it but for those who seem to watch it and somehow want to get on it. I've gone on before about people like the Kardashian's who probably sit on top of the tree, excluding a Sex Tape they seem to become famous for being....famous at the time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxY97M9OLz0

DaGaffer

I can accept the of importance of things I don't personally like or have much interest in but I do draw a line, the rise of the influencer just seems to be near the pinnacle of the narcissism tree. A tree that I do have concerns about not because of the people who are necessarily on it but for those who seem to watch it and somehow want to get on it. I've gone on before about people like the Kardashian's who probably sit on top of the tree, excluding a Sex Tape they seem to become famous for being....famous at the time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxY97M9OLz0

I see your entirety of Youtube and raise you any episode of Love Island. When it comes to narcissism TV still manages to more than hold its own. I can't even watch the trailers for E4 these days.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I want to punch the TV every time one of these reality TV adverts come on, the latest one I glimpsed was Celebs Going Dating: The mansion.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the rise of the influencer just seems to be near the pinnacle of the narcissism tree.
Don't really see any difference between influencers on youtube and influencers in the movie industry.

Gwyneth Paltrow makes a shit ton of money pushing her goop shit to idiots. What's the difference her doing it and some other twat off youtube?

All I can see is that we've democratised the bullshit a bit more - so the money isn't going directly to corporate hollywood or TV interests, but to people who've made an audience from more niche pursuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom