SPAM random annoying things

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just had a bit of an interesting, albeit annoying, discussion on how graphics of a game(such as menu look etc) affect gameplay in itself.

In my opinion(and as a designer it's the only opinion that counts :D) i said that ff you have a menu that works like poo, the gamer is in worse mood when entering the coregame and will be less resistant to gameplay bugs(that always happen). As such, menus, outlook, etc will set the mood for the player and it IS a gameplay issue if the startting annoyance level of a player is lower.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Front end and Menu definitely affects your initial impression of a game, which then affects your initial experiences.

Dodgy interface and in-game menu systems (e.g. in an RPG) also can easily ruin gameplay experiences.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, one wrong thing in a pause menu can actually make some people quit a perfectly good game. I understand how the menu team sees this as their call since they are making the menus, but it's always fun to point out that everything comes back to gameplay at some point.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Having to go through too many screens to get out of a game pisses me right off. There should be an "exit to windows" option from the pause menu in every game (with a save confirm if applicable). It's especially infuriating when it's a rage quit; I've been known to alt-tab out and kill the process as it's quicker than exiting 'properly'.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Not knowing quite what to write in birthday / anniversary cards....

:censored:

"Our heartfelt condolences for your loss…. Speaking of which, the Mrs left her phone behind at the funeral. If you find it..."

:whistle:

"Another year older! You & me both. Never mind, we'll be dead soon. Happy Birthday, m8"

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Companies that have spelling mistakes in automatically generated emails such as "order acknowedgement"

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I got called a racist by a black BMW softtop driver once. He accosted me in a supermarket car park by shouting Alright mate, do you live around here? I am here on a few days business and I have some.... I cut him off there by saying I didn't want to buy any watches of jewelry. Apparently not wanting to buy his tat was racist.

rynnor

Rockhound
Mouthbreathers - sat next to one on the train now who sounds like hes on an ironlung - why dont his friends/family have a word?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
guys at the gym shitting out their 17 protein shakes of the morning on the -single- men's loo. dude, seriously, why not at home? surely it's much more enjoyable there?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Seriously Teeds, what did you expect? People who drink 17 protein shakes during the morning are clearly under the category of douchbag

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Right now for my neighbours, probably me. Blasting out some Black Sun Empire \o/

I'm almost tempted to turn my amp up to half way, but it's never been that high and my ears might bleed.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Papers cuts on the proximal interphalangeal joints

406px-Scheme_human_hand_bones-en.svg.png

(everytime you move your hand the cut re-opens)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
mmm so no more Mrs Hand and her 5 elderly siblings for you then for a while. mmmm. hand. mmmm. while. :D

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Downloaded the android tvcatchup app its superb the quality is faultless and it streams over 3g faultlessly adverts are minimal and when occasionsly it does lock up it restarts after saying sorry 10 outta ten puts the iplayer app to shame

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
People who take ages paying for their fuel

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People who wait around to be first at the sandwhich van and order about 30 rolls so that everyone else has to queue for 20 minutes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
People who wait around to be first at the sandwhich van and order about 30 rolls so that everyone else has to queue for 20 minutes.

Do you actually think about the time it takes to complete your order and then wait for a slow moment in the queue to minimize other peoples waiting time? ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If I was ordering that many I would wait for everyone else to get sorted out first - or pre-arrange it. The company is a large cafe in town that has a couple of vans that go around. You can order stuff to be delivered in the morning if you are having a meeting or want loads.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
People who take ages paying for their fuel

People who park at the pump but go into shop and not buy fuel, even though there are parking bays outside the shop

Cunts

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Or when there's a parking space outside, ppl who fill up, ignore the ppl behind them, walk off & pay, rather than moving their car forward 20 feet so another car can access the pump.

They're not going to call the cops if you just move forward 20 feet :rolleyes:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Hmm that said I think my local garages ANPR system went mad when someone did that.

So I would rather fill up pay then move on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom