SPAM random annoying things

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't fucking get me started on Christmas. Popped into The Range today, rows and rows of fucking Christmas stuff in fucking September.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So some guy hit my car on the M1 a few weeks back about 3m30s into this vid:

View: https://youtu.be/kGNmbOcVEec?t=210

And despite agreeing at the scene to settle it privately, he decided to go down the "I'm broke lol it'll have to wait" route. Literally what he texted me, and also to moan that his car needed to be repaired too.

So I've reported it to his insurance company as well as mine and he can deal with losing his no claims bonus. I wouldn't mind so much but the repairs aren't even £400.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Any recommendations?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Gen Z developer managers: oMg U cAnNoT rEvErSe An ArRaY
Millennial+ Developers: Yeah but I've written a sub-ms set of microservices which take in £10,000,000 a day without failure for 5 years, with full observability, scalability, and CI/CD
Gen Z developer managers: BUT U KNT REVRSE ARRAY!
Millennial+ Array Array = new Array(); Array.Reverse();
Gen Z developer managers: omg not like that

There. I've now saved you all from several subreddits.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You really are making me think I need a camera in my car @Tom.

Consider the cost a one-off hike in your insurance premium that also proves beyond doubt liability in any collision. Everyone should have one. Mine is 10 years old and....old....now but if I were buying another I'd get one of those ones with a second camera that sticks on the rear window.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have Nextbase front and back. Halfords fitted the front one, and I did the back, easy to do, comes with the tools. Couldn't be arsed wiring it into the ignition myself.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I have Nextbase front and back. Halfords fitted the front one, and I did the back, easy to do, comes with the tools. Couldn't be arsed wiring it into the ignition myself.

It is easier to get them to do it, they normally have offers on as well such as a free hardwiring kit at the moment.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oooh, my Dad had one in his car. Now after reading this I shall have to investigate. Does Halfords guarantee the work as they will be pulling trim for the wires surely?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Oooh, my Dad had one in his car. Now after reading this I shall have to investigate. Does Halfords guarantee the work as they will be pulling trim for the wires surely?
Problem is that it also records how bad your driving is too....just saying ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Gen Z developer managers: oMg U cAnNoT rEvErSe An ArRaY
Millennial+ Developers: Yeah but I've written a sub-ms set of microservices which take in £10,000,000 a day without failure for 5 years, with full observability, scalability, and CI/CD
Gen Z developer managers: BUT U KNT REVRSE ARRAY!
Millennial+ Array Array = new Array(); Array.Reverse();
Gen Z developer managers: omg not like that

There. I've now saved you all from several subreddits.
"binary tree sort" is all the rage at workies

my personal algorithm is Look It Up On StackOverflow, Then Decide You CBA

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Don't fucking get me started on Christmas. Popped into The Range today, rows and rows of fucking Christmas stuff in fucking September.
Christmas? It's my birthday first. Fo.

Dunno if I bitched about this, but a person at work complained to my boss about me because I told them to not tell a director about how long something would take without talking to the devs first... Now it's a whole thing. Lucky Teams keeps you know... A chat history,

Fucking morons.

ALSO people who send those sort of emails the day before they have a week off should be sacked.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Getting a speeding ticket whilst on holiday.

Oops.
I got three on one holiday a few years ago. Fortunately Ireland didn't have a reciprocal points agreement with Spain at the time or I'd have been properly fucked.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I got three on one holiday a few years ago. Fortunately Ireland didn't have a reciprocal points agreement with Spain at the time or I'd have been properly fucked.

This was in Cyprus where they still have (occasional) police patrols about, so had to stop on the hard shoulder of the motorway and say I was sorry a lot.

Already paid it using their online portal which looks a pretty cool set up actually - you pay all sorts on there, gas bills etc, probably not the way I wanted to discover it tho...

I was 30kmh over so a fair cop and a €99 fine later, am taking it easy now and not trying to fit in with the locals.

After I was stopped an got on my way again a hire car in front of me triggered a red light camera going through on Orange, which is a €200 fine!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This was in Cyprus where they still have (occasional) police patrols about, so had to stop on the hard shoulder of the motorway and say I was sorry a lot.

Already paid it using their online portal which looks a pretty cool set up actually - you pay all sorts on there, gas bills etc, probably not the way I wanted to discover it tho...

I was 30kmh over so a fair cop and a €99 fine later, am taking it easy now and not trying to fit in with the locals.

After I was stopped an got on my way again a hire car in front of me triggered a red light camera going through on Orange, which is a €200 fine!

Mine was a hidden speed camera on the road from the French border into Barcelona. It's right at a speed change and the same one got me every time.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I went through the Tyne Tunnel the other week for a job, got stuck in mega traffic on the way home and completely forgot about it. £2.40 fare became £32.40 :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
got the first one in this car the other day. 20km over; 170 euros (approx 17 millstones and 6 chickens, or 67859645 pounds of your funny money).
I reckon I ....anticipated a variable speed motorway time by an hour or so. Ahem :eek:

Embattle

FH is my second home
As they finally come towards the finish of upgrading the North Devon Link Road (A361) they'll be installing average speed cameras, I suspect they'll catch quite a few drivers.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Almost crashed today because some moron missed his exit and came to a full stop on the motorway to do a turn, maybe I should get a dash cam, almost had a heart attack, was boxed in on both sides so couldn't even go around, luckily saw him stop well in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom