SPAM random annoying things

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mine yells at me at 99, that's about it.
Still surprised they don't have a "Let's call the local Police as this cunt is driving faster than the current speed limit". Seriously I would have thought this was live by now, maybe it is, time to invest in an ECU fucker upper (less technical term for a dongle).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
To be fair, I only do it on the M40, and try to stick to 90max.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Got a Chinese MG SUV as a rental on holiday; it's a hateful piece of shit, but the worst thing is all the EU safety warnings, the thing never stops fucking binging and bonging at you. Is the EU's public transport plan to just get us to set fire to all the cars in frustration?

NCAP ratings. You can turn them off but they get turned on each time you start the car. MG owners in the UK are always complaining about them, especially the lane guidance, which apparently doesn't work properly on our narrow country lanes.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
NCAP ratings. You can turn them off but they get turned on each time you start the car. MG owners in the UK are always complaining about them, especially the lane guidance, which apparently doesn't work properly on our narrow country lanes.
Indeed, imagine how well they work on even narrower Italian country lanes?

All new cars are festooned with this shit, but Chinese cars seem to have the most ham-fisted execution; I had a Lynk & Co when I was in France last year, which is a much better car than the MG in most respects, but still had really annoying ADAS. European cars are more likely to have an "off" button right on home screen.

Google Maps is also having a really hard time with Italian pronunciation and the villa we're staying in is down a little dirt track road and it kind of has a nervous breakdown every time we come down it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Regulations, it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't then force you to go through multiple screens just to turn them off.

At least ISA (Intelligent Speed Assist) can be turned off or over ridden...for now.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Linux OOM killer ...killing... the network control process in my server at some point during a 25h training run. I hadda reset it and start again when I found out :eek:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Spotify. Just went in the cancelled pile now it's family subscription is more than Tidal.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Spotify. Just went in the cancelled pile now it's family subscription is more than Tidal.
I'm stuck with it because, somehow, the inlaws and the wife's uncle (who I have met once, ~22 years ago) rely on it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My fucking cat ate an entire granola cookie that I had saved up from yesterday, the twat.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They both seem like much of a muchness, but spotify is 3 quid more expensive, right?
£3 more and constantly shoving shit in your face that isn't "play song X or podcast Y" like concert tickets for people I don't care about, etc.

Plus Tidal integrates with Plex and I'm finding out PlexAmp is awesome

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Customers blaming us for our VPNs not working properly when they are trying to set up a complex multi site configuration on a Draytek Vigor.....

TdC

Here's some more surprisingly pretty stuff coming out of a thing I'm using.

View attachment 49155

Another part:
View attachment 49156

It has some text on it atm. I'll make one that doesn't have the gubbins and show you.
oooh it seems my faffing about doing sciency stuff with what lives in Deebs' nose got me onto the NL linkedin page of workies! I can already hear my mgmt thinking of ways to tell me this is simultaneously a great achievement, and, completely uncreditable towards any promotion ambitions I may be entertaining :D

TdC

that's what they'll say. totally not sus at all @Scouse :D

Suspicious Futurama GIF

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
fucksake i wondered why my nose was itchy

TdC

wanting a metric to be 3/10000th of a point higher so it doesn't harsh my OCD chi, even though I could round it and call it absolutely fine. fucking 0.7997723817825317 :eek:

TdC

made it! 0.8032938838005066 for the win! look at that number! its a beautiful number! best number I have ever seen!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Got up earlier and there's an under skin lump on my left foot. Every other step was sore. Lots of googling (Do not recommend) and then I went "What happens if..."

So I pressed it really hard and it popped inside.

Now the pain is gone. Guess it's one of those nasty under skin irritation pus ball things? But now I can walk properly.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Postmen who push a "you weren't in" card through the door while I'm in the house and then when confronted around the corner, lie to your face about how they knocked on the door and nobody answered. I heard the card drop through, how does he think I wouldn't hear someone knocking?

Lying bastard. Do another job if you don't like the one you have.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Postmen who push a "you weren't in" card through the door while I'm in the house and then when confronted around the corner, lie to your face about how they knocked on the door and nobody answered. I heard the card drop through, how does he think I wouldn't hear someone knocking?

Lying bastard. Do another job if you don't like the one you have.

Bit harsh me thinks - RM has basically become Amazon with the targets and stuff, I blame the company and the Tories for selling it off.

Even more so if the guy was agency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom