SPAM random annoying things

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't know when the price in France went up, it's been € 2.50 as far back as I can remember. I'm pretty sure it was still € 2.50 before the "my million" bit was launched.
Its funny you say France isn't on the bleeding edge; they're quite innovative in some areas, although online is a bit behind the curve (App especially) imho, and they're a bit slow to change. Having said that, I don't think I could point at any lottery's online presence and say "yeah that's brilliant". We're getting there but I still don't like our clunky login (there's complicated history behind it and most lotteries have similar issues), and our website will get a lot better in a few weeks.
One thing that really annoys me is their insistence over here on using weird, proprietary barcodes (with evenly-spaced, uniform-width lines of different lengths) on the tickets that only the scanners in the shops can decipher. It looks like the UK Euromillions tickets have standard QR codes on them that can be read by any barcode-scanning app.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't know when the price in France went up, it's been € 2.50 as far back as I can remember. I'm pretty sure it was still € 2.50 before the "my million" bit was launched.

One thing that really annoys me is their insistence over here on using weird, proprietary barcodes (with evenly-spaced, uniform-width lines of different lengths) on the tickets that only the scanners in the shops can decipher. It looks like the UK Euromillions tickets have standard QR codes on them that can be read by any barcode-scanning app.

Its a security thing to stop people reverse engineering tickets. UK ticket code isn't what you think it is either.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Its a security thing to stop people reverse engineering tickets. UK ticket code isn't what you think it is either.
Ok but the point being that, in the UK (for the National Lottery), it's possible to use the app to scan the code on the ticket and it will check your numbers. Whether it's some fancy proprietary code or whatever, it's possible for the end user to scan it themselves, which isn't even close to an option over here.

DaGaffer

Ok but the point being that, in the UK (for the National Lottery), it's possible to use the app to scan the code on the ticket and it will check your numbers. Whether it's some fancy proprietary code or whatever, it's possible for the end user to scan it themselves, which isn't even close to an option over here.

It's actually perfectly possible for France to offer ticket scanning. They use the same central gaming system as the UK, which has an api that can be exposed for scanning. As it happens, the UK have only recently introduced it (we did it first and it was wildly successful so the UK have brought it in ;))

To be honest we weren't the first to offer ticket scanning (some of the German lotteries did it first) but we were the first EM country to do it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've broken toes. Good luck. Too bad for you the weather's turned and you're likely to need socks, etc.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It sucks. At least you're able to put some weight onto your foot. Stepping on a rusty nail do really suck, it doesn't hurt at first, but you won't be able to put pressure onto it for quiet some time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It sucks. At least you're able to put some weight onto your foot. Stepping on a rusty nail do really suck, it doesn't hurt at first, but you won't be able to put pressure onto it for quiet some time.
I have limited feeling in my right foot from a spinal operation so depending where it went wouldnt bother me :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have limited feeling in my right foot from a spinal operation so depending where it went wouldnt bother me :)

I have that in my left shoulder, from an operation after I fucked it up a few years ago. I can touch it but only get sensory input from my finger and not my shoulder. It's very weird.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Idiots who do something, despite being told over and over why they shouldn't do it. Then complain to you when they do it. Mostly because they are retarded and their managers don't give a fuck.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
More work related idiocy!

Get into work to find 3 articulated lorries trying to get onto site, blocking access to the estate and causing tailbacks along the duel carriageway. Our yard has room for 1. Apparently each driver has been told to get here at 8am by our warehouse manager.

We don't open until 8:30...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Had an appointment at the hospital at 10, and I'm still waiting I mean, I don't mind. Shit happens but I have no idea why in this day and age they can't just enter a delay on a computer system which sends out messages to everyone saying we're running 1 hour behind, so don't rush!

They don't have a problem with spamming you to remind you of your appointments.

I suppose they wouldn't make as much money in the car park.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have no idea why in this day and age they can't just enter a delay on a computer system which sends out messages to everyone saying we're running 1 hour behind, so don't rush!
Because people who would have been late anyway would go "oh", light another spliff, and be late for the delayed appointment.

Hospitals have learned to get 'em in and make 'em wait if they have to. Fair enough.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Had an appointment at the hospital at 10, and I'm still waiting I mean, I don't mind. Shit happens but I have no idea why in this day and age they can't just enter a delay on a computer system which sends out messages to everyone saying we're running 1 hour behind, so don't rush!

They don't have a problem with spamming you to remind you of your appointments.

I suppose they wouldn't make as much money in the car park.

"Something to do with a bloated, out of date, technologically averse, middle management driven gravy train."

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If the patients are already there then they won't get even further behind waiting for them. It's probably the best chance they have of getting back to being on schedule.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or it's about being some sort of "gravy train" - because making patients late whilst treating people with a hugely diverse range of symptoms of varying severity makes middle managment money.

Or something :rolleyes:

Gwadien

Okay then.

This one.

I went to the GP I went to before Uni to sign back up - got a form yesterday because they said 'we're shutting soon so there's not enough time' - okay. Fair enough.

I go today to hand the completed form in 'oh you have to hand it in between half 2 and half 4 because the person that checks it isn't here' 'cant I just leave it with you?' 'no'

Gwadien

Oh. And the woman in front of me at the GP was in her 80s and she was like 'ive been waiting for a hour and I haven't been seen' 'your appointment is at 12:20' (it was 12pm at this point' 'i don't care I'm bored I'm going home'

Why should I get punished when there's elderly people like this?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ah, good old GP receptionists. Its in their job description to be as awkward and to waste as much time as humanly possible.

and old people, meh, they have nothing better to do I suppose. Besides, they have to be free at 12 so they can get in the way of people trying to get stuff done in their lunch break.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Getting a massive head cold whilst flying home, leading to a total failure to equalize on descent. Hello 48 hours of deafness.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Because people who would have been late anyway would go "oh", light another spliff, and be late for the delayed appointment.

Hospitals have learned to get 'em in and make 'em wait if they have to. Fair enough.
This idiot 'boyfriend' who I'm having to deal with over my mother's death used to run the IT department at a huge hospital!! Sums it up really, he doesn't know how to use e mail or Google and he can't get his messages off an answerphone.... God help us all.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Ah, good old GP receptionists. Its in their job description to be as awkward and to waste as much time as humanly possible.

and old people, meh, they have nothing better to do I suppose. Besides, they have to be free at 12 so they can get in the way of people trying to get stuff done in their lunch break.
we moved about 2 miles and our gp won't keep us.... every other gp in the town keeps patients who move... but none of them will take us because we are outside their area! The government brought it in that you could register with any gp......but only if the gp has opted in.... none of them have!!! at the moment we are with our original gp and just lying about our address....

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Is anyone else starting to find the fact that politics has taken over pretty much EVERYTHING these days really annoying? Whilst I am happy to discuss at the relevant time, seeing people like Gary Lineker wade in (and miss the point completely) to debates, scrolling through Linked In to find endless dirge about Trump, Brexit and anything else that is bothering people at the time is starting to get a little tedious.

I was always under the impression that politics (and religion) was like having a penis. We're happy that you have one, but we'd rather you didn't get it out all the time (I'm certain similar analogies are available for the wimmenz).

Gwadien

Is anyone else starting to find the fact that politics has taken over pretty much EVERYTHING these days really annoying? Whilst I am happy to discuss at the relevant time, seeing people like Gary Lineker wade in (and miss the point completely) to debates, scrolling through Linked In to find endless dirge about Trump, Brexit and anything else that is bothering people at the time is starting to get a little tedious.

I was always under the impression that politics (and religion) was like having a penis. We're happy that you have one, but we'd rather you didn't get it out all the time (I'm certain similar analogies are available for the wimmenz).

What. The. Fuck.

People are (in some cases) getting clued up about politics, and you're upset about it?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
What. The. Fuck.

People are (in some cases) getting clued up about politics, and you're upset about it?

Not at all - I think it's good people are paying more of an interest, I just wish they'd talk about something else for a change.

You can have too much of a good thing, and after two referendums, a GE and now a US Presidential campaign, I think we're starting to hit that point, frankly.

DaGaffer

How the fuck did Gary Lineker "miss the point"? He pointed out
The treatment by some towards these young refugees is hideously racist and utterly heartless. What's happening to our country?

Sorry, is he wrong?

View: https://twitter.com/jon_bartley/status/788300632579072000/photo/1

Media using the putative age of these people as fuel for xenophobia. Who gives a fuck if they're lying about their age? Wouldn't you?

Gwadien

Not at all - I think it's good people are paying more of an interest, I just wish they'd talk about something else for a change.

You can have too much of a good thing, and after two referendums, a GE and now a US Presidential campaign, I think we're starting to hit that point, frankly.

Well, I think it's one of the most polarising political eras since WW2 (I've intentionally picked WW2, try and think why ;))

I think it's fantastic that people are standing up for absolute cunts like Trump, and are starting to question Hillary too with her abuse of power (but as I've said before, other Presidents have done it, but she's just the one who gets exposed.)

I'm interested to see if anything will come of it, I highly highly doubt it, but I do hope it's the start of people waking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom