SPAM random annoying things

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I think the women in your workplace are just odd @Raven. The last female department I managed, it was the 3 chaps who whined and bitched the most... Normally re harassment by the ladies... This was in NL though where generally women are much scarier than men...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Took the bird's Sony Xperia Z3 Compact into Carphone Warehouse for a warranty repair.

It's not the original - it's already a refurb for something crap that'd happened before. It had been turning itself off and then one day just died. It'd been treated right, in a case etc. No external scratches or bangs. Had it less than 12 months.

Bird went to collect it this morning. They've given it back - there's internal damage and they say it's not covered under warranty so ya-boo sucks. :eek:

They've got to be fucking kidding right? Is there any sort of recourse here? I've not been impressed by Sony's quality at all (I've got one myself and the rubber that keeps the flap where the charger is sealed from water is nearly completely off). But internal damage through normal careful use with no external marks not covered?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Took the bird's Sony Xperia Z3 Compact into Carphone Warehouse for a warranty repair.

It's not the original - it's already a refurb for something crap that'd happened before. It had been turning itself off and then one day just died. It'd been treated right, in a case etc. No external scratches or bangs. Had it less than 12 months.

Bird went to collect it this morning. They've given it back - there's internal damage and they say it's not covered under warranty so ya-boo sucks. :eek:

They've got to be fucking kidding right? Is there any sort of recourse here? I've not been impressed by Sony's quality at all (I've got one myself and the rubber that keeps the flap where the charger is sealed from water is nearly completely off). But internal damage through normal careful use with no external marks not covered?
Normal trading standards rules of the item should be fit for purpose and last for a reasonable peroid of time fault free. Cant remember the exact reference but someone here will know it

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I hit them with the sale of goods act. It's well within the limit. Another hour wasted with the muppets.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Had it less than 12 months.

Then they have to fix it, no arguments. If they say there's internal damage then it's up to them to prove that you did it. And if it's a refurbished unit then it's very likely to have been damaged by whoever had it before you bought it.

I'd tell them that they can either fix the phone, provide you with an identical replacement, or consider themselves in breach of contract.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Then they have to fix it, no arguments. If they say there's internal damage then it's up to them to prove that you did it. And if it's a refurbished unit then it's very likely to have been damaged by whoever had it before you bought it.

I'd tell them that they can either fix the phone, provide you with an identical replacement, or consider themselves in breach of contract.
That's what I've done...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Working a bit late to finish quarter end only to find my trains are delayed an hour.

Oh look a pub!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Twix ice cream bars. They used to have a solid biscuity base and now it's just stupid little balls of biscuit that probably have less than a third of the mass of the original solid biscuity base. Stupid costcutting bullshit.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It winds me up how companies prefer to cut the size of chocolate, or ice cream, preferring instead to maintain the price. I don't have a clue what a bar of chocolate costs, but I know when it gets smaller. Case in point - those packets of peanut M&Ms the garages sell. I used to be able to drive for an hour or so, snacking on one of those. Now the fucking things last 10 minutes :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Coke did it with their 2 litre bottles, making them 750ml. Their Corporate arsehole suggested that customers preferred smaller bottles for the same price.

I don't buy coke any more.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It winds me up how companies prefer to cut the size of chocolate, or ice cream, preferring instead to maintain the price. I don't have a clue what a bar of chocolate costs, but I know when it gets smaller. Case in point - those packets of peanut M&Ms the garages sell. I used to be able to drive for an hour or so, snacking on one of those. Now the fucking things last 10 minutes :(

They do it that way because it gives them a double benefit; as well the customer profit there's a distribution cost saving because they can carry more packs per pallet or container. What they also tend to do is when they reduce a pack size, they'll also start to market a bigger pack at the same time, upselling to all those people who are notice their sweets don't last as long (and to knock competitor products of the shelves). FMCG marketing, especially confectionery, is the blackest of black arts; which is why anyone who's been marketing trained by Mars or Nestle can write their own ticket.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
> Kinsey, who was not seriously wounded and was expected to go home on Thursday, told local news station WSVN that he asked the officer why he shot at him. Kinsey said: “His words were, ‘I don’t know.’”

If true, that officer should be in prison.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They certainly don't do themselves any favours when they're under intense scrutiny. Looking at the video, how can anyone think that that's a threatening situation? The guy clearly explained who he was, that he was unarmed, who his autistic friend with the toy fucking truck was...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think the Black Lives Matter movement needs some kind of leadership figure at this point, it's not enough for them to protest every time someone gets shot, it needs to be constant, and they need to distinguish their selves as peaceful protesters in order to win support from the less retarded middle class whites; don't give the racists ammunition to fire at you - their movement has too many flavours, including flavours which calls for a black only America, you're not going to gain any support if they don't distance their selves from groups which which to combat oppression with oppression.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Middle class america is shrinking though. You expect the middle class to take this they are out numbered by the poor and rich combined who dont really give a shit.

So who should stand up if not themselves?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They certainly don't do themselves any favours when they're under intense scrutiny. Looking at the video, how can anyone think that that's a threatening situation? The guy clearly explained who he was, that he was unarmed, who his autistic friend with the toy fucking truck was...

The line where one of the cops said "we saw something in his hand"...and shot the black guy next to him. Words fail me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And some people want to routinely arm the pigs in the UK. :rolleyes:

They're already baton, fist and cuff-happy so hopefully the trusting retard public won't demand it.

Especially considering that our human cops are just the same as the yanks.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep @Moriath. I get the facepalm. 500 black or ethnic minority deaths in UK police custody and not a single conviction.

Makes a mockery of the word custody doesn't it.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
We had a car accident on the way to the airport this morning.... The passenger side was hit by a medium van (I'm the passenger) ... I've been lucky enough to avoid such things until now.... My face bashed the airbag and is now as sore as hell... I guess better than no air bag... The ringing in my ear is still slightly there and when does the nausea stop? ..... We made our flight in spite of not being able to drive the car after, calling the AA, insurance co and Kris' work (company car)... Now in the UK

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
We had a car accident on the way to the airport this morning.... The passenger side was hit by a medium van (I'm the passenger) ... I've been lucky enough to avoid such things until now.... My face bashed the airbag and is now as sore as hell... I guess better than no air bag... The ringing in my ear is still slightly there and when does the nausea stop? ..... We made our flight in spite of not being able to drive the car after, calling the AA, insurance co and Kris' work (company car)... Now in the UK
Dude glad you're ok, scary though. I would imagine the nausea maybe a bit of shock still hanging around :fluffle:

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
If you intend to claim compensation for your injuries I'd see a Doctor if I was you. You might feel fine now but maybe in a few days you might feel more than a little bit stiff. Glad you are OK though, crashes are always a shock.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yep @Moriath. I get the facepalm. 500 black or ethnic minority deaths in UK police custody and not a single conviction.

Makes a mockery of the word custody doesn't it.
Just your venom towards the uk police force that got you the facepalm.

You prefer peados and rapists to go unchecked and not have them i guess.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wow tough stuff. Think i might have said screw the flight if that had happened to me. Hope all is good

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You prefer peados and rapists to go unchecked and not have them i guess.
Oh really? I point out that five hundred black and Asian people have died at the hands of UK police without a single prosecution and suddenly I'm a paedophile supporter?!

If that's right by your fucked up autistic logic - does it feel good to be a supporter of racist murderers?

Or should it be OK to point out facts about our police force - that they're murdering black and ethnic minority people (without guns!) - and still wish they'd do the part of their job where they lock up paedos, at which they're also massively corrupt and incompetent.

Sorry about my first ever fail-link there Mori, but I guess you're so brim full of it that it's completely apt.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Tom
Top Bottom